DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Discuss The Full Book

Luckers

Any thoughts on how Alana got out of the Stone? It seems likely she received a letter from Verin and left to follow its instructions, but the AS with Rand are explicit that no saidar-woven gateway was used. Did an Ashaman come fetch her somehow? Other ideas? A ter'angreal of some sort?

Where did she end up going? was it arafal?

EDIT: Oh, I must have missed it, but what did the BUT end up being? It was supposed to be in this book right?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Graendal was just punished like Moghidien and Mesanna were and I don't think we've seen the last of her ... and maybe Mat will finally get himself a Forsaken kill.

I think I could definately go for this one. The womanizer vs the seductress.

I think Graendal was just punished like Moghidien and Mesanna were and I don't think we've seen the last of her ... and maybe Mat will finally get himself a Forsaken kill.

And maybe Mat will get lucky and Graendal will rip Tuon's mind out and replace it with a Compulsion which gives her a personality that doesn't suck so much.

And maybe Mat will get lucky and Graendal will rip Tuon's mind out and replace it with a Compulsion which gives her a personality that doesn't suck so much.

Hey. Just a wait a sec there...

There are only so many things that can go right for our heroes. I think this might be pushing things a bit too far in that direction :tongue:

I am very upset :-(

I privately only had THREE little wishes for this book and I have been told by sources that I trust that NONE of the three occur in this book.

I am crushed.

Avoid reading further if you want to avoid seeing me expand on these three things:

I thought my yearnings were not too much to ask for. I didn't have to have Asmo's killer revealed or some long-prophecied battle happen. My three wishes were small things and I can't believe NONE of the three occur in TOM -

My Three Wishes Were:

1 Mesaana's Tower Identity Revealed.

2 Demandred's Identity/What He's Been Up To Revealed.

3 Not so much Moiraine Demandred's TOG Rescue Itself...But Rand Meeting Her Again.

Please...someome tell me...in the name of all that is Team Jordan, HOW could NONE of these things be in TOM???:--(((

- Fish

I'm curious... Is it possible for Jain to now be tied to the horn as a Hero? I think it would be pretty damn awesome if Mat blew the Horn and out popped Jain Farstrider :D

I think Jain was tied to the Horn a few thousand lifetimes before this, so he'll show up in the next book.

Messana's identity was revealed in book 13. You have to read it again, but it is there. I don't think I want to ruin it for you, BUT IT IS THERE in Book 13

Ya, but the problem is that it's just casually mentioned and it turns out to be some minor non-character who was only in a couple of scenes in the entire series. Kind of an anti-climactic reveal.

Messana's identity was revealed in book 13. You have to read it again, but it is there. I don't think I want to ruin it for you, BUT IT IS THERE in Book 13

Ya, but the problem is that it's just casually mentioned and it turns out to be some minor non-character who was only in a couple of scenes in the entire series. Kind of an anti-climactic reveal.

I dunno, wasn't Danelle one of the key players in the crew that brought down Siuan and installed Elaida? That early council that also included Shemerin, etc? She hadn't been seen in ages, it's true, but she wasn't a nobody.

Any thoughts on how Alana got out of the Stone? It seems likely she received a letter from Verin and left to follow its instructions, but the AS with Rand are explicit that no saidar-woven gateway was used. Did an Ashaman come fetch her somehow? Other ideas? A ter'angreal of some sort?

Where did she end up going? was it arafal?

EDIT: Oh, I must have missed it, but what did the BUT end up being? It was supposed to be in this book right?

We never get any further confirmation on this - Rand just says he felt her go, north, maybe to the Borderlands, maybe Arafel.

I dunno, wasn't Danelle one of the key players in the crew that brought down Siuan and installed Elaida? That early council that also included Shemerin, etc? She hadn't been seen in ages, it's true, but she wasn't a nobody.

I'm going to have to disagree about her nobodyness. She was in the early council, but really never said or did anything in it. Other than that initial council, I think she got passed in the hall once by someone during the course of the whole series.

Now, she was the main candidate mentioned on the forums, but for readers who aren't members of one of them, I can't see their reaction to "She was Danelle" being anything other than "Who?". She wasn't hiding as someone who was an actual character in the books. That's why I'd have liked to have seen some more exposition about Egwene trying to track her down, so that the character could actually be introduced into the series before being revealed as a Forsaken in disguise instead of being a fairly random name which was mentioned once or twice in passing.

I'm going to have to disagree about her nobodyness. She was in the early council, but really never said or did anything in it. Other than that initial council, I think she got passed in the hall once by someone during the course of the whole series.

Now, she was the main candidate mentioned on the forums, but for readers who aren't members of one of them, I can't see their reaction to "She was Danelle" being anything other than "Who?". She wasn't hiding as someone who was an actual character in the books. That's why I'd have liked to have seen some more exposition about Egwene trying to track her down, so that the character could actually be introduced into the series before being revealed as a Forsaken in disguise instead of being a fairly random name which was mentioned once or twice in passing.

Maybe it's a question of expectations. I never figured Mesaana would turn out to be anyone important - I thought maybe one of the Browns that works in the Tower library or similar. I would have felt a bit disappointed if they'd just manufactured a name and attached her to it when she was uncovered, so I felt some satisfaction at it being a name I recognized - there was some logic to her having direct involvement in Siuan's take-down (Danelle is the one who provided the fake construction workers, iirc) and that was enough for me. But I guess if I'd been waiting for a big dramatic reveal, this would have been a let-down for me too.

Maybe it's a question of expectations. I never figured Mesaana would turn out to be anyone important - I thought maybe one of the Browns that works in the Tower library or similar. I would have felt a bit disappointed if they'd just manufactured a name and attached her to it when she was uncovered, so I felt some satisfaction at it being a name I recognized - there was some logic to her having direct involvement in Siuan's take-down (Danelle is the one who provided the fake construction workers, iirc) and that was enough for me. But I guess if I'd been waiting for a big dramatic reveal, this would have been a let-down for me too.

Ya, that's another weird part. The only member of the usurpers who screwed up and left a trail about what they were going to do was the Forsaken who's supposed to be sneakier than everyone else. Also, it didn't have to be a big dramatic reveal - even a little dramatic reveal would have done. The random and meaningless way that they just tossed out the answer to one of the big mysteries that they'd been building up to for a decade just fell flat for me.

It is a question of expectations, but given the lead up to the mystery of who she was hiding was which the previous books provided, I think that I was justified in having higher expectations than the reveal provided.

Hate to say this (not really) but I guess Gawyn could take on Lan!!!!!!!! In your faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool.gif(I mean those who actually said i was wrong; god... first time for me being right. I can get used to this feeling).

P.S. I guess of current topic, but I just had to. That men took on 3 bloodknives.

Hate to say this (not really) but I guess Gawyn could take on Lan!!!!!!!! In your faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool.gif(I mean those who actually said i was wrong; god... first time for me being right. I can get used to this feeling).

P.S. I guess of current topic, but I just had to. That men took on 3 bloodknives.

And nearly died Lan would had just stand their and they would have retreat in their dusty shadow

Of course he could take on Lan. A one-armed asthmatic grandmother with gout could take on Lan, too. They'd both get their asses handed to them, though.

Of course he could take on Lan. A one-armed asthmatic grandmother with gout could take on Lan, too. They'd both get their asses handed to them, though.

I guess no one will ever coincide that Lan's prime has passed and he's no longer the best in the world. OK, I hope to see Lan and Gawyn spar but i doubt that will happen.

And yeah, what was the BUT. I kind of missed it too (trying to get through the book asap)?

I guess no one will ever coincide that Lan's prime has passed and he's no longer the best in the world. OK, I hope to see Lan and Gawyn spar but i doubt that will happen.

Hell, no. Lan's two hundred pounds of highly concentrated awesomeness. As a blind, arthritic old man who can't sit up in bed without wheezing, he'd still be in his prime and could beat some upstart wannabe like Gawyn into next week.

And yeah, what was the BUT. I kind of missed it too (trying to get through the book asap)?

I think it was supposed to be the thing with Mat's spear.

Tbh I'm just happy the 'Oo killed oo' threads can be given a decent burial now!! Yay!

I wanted a bit more detail. Sure, we know it was Graendal, but why was she in Camelyn? Was she hunting Asmodean or did she run into him by accident when she was in town to grab Alteima to be one of her toys now that Rahvin was dead? I wish they'd said more about it as opposed to simply saying it.

Hell, no. Lan's two hundred pounds of highly concentrated awesomeness. As a blind, arthritic old man who can't sit up in bed without wheezing, he'd still be in his prime and could beat some upstart wannabe like Gawyn into next week.

I think it was supposed to be the thing with Mat's spear.

Say no more, I still have couple chapters to go so I'm taking my stupid ass out of here. Cheeros all! See ya tomorrow

Archived