DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

SIAP, but this just made my morning...

Impressive Bosom

ISAM kinda disappeared after CoT, sadly. A few of us tried to find him, no real luck. There's actually a rather popular theory that he was Robert Jordan, and ISAM was his forum name. No proof to that though.

I'd love to know the reasoning behind that theory - was it just the timing, or was it other clues. Regretably, I never got to know RJ, certainly not well enough to know if this was akin to his sense of humor or not.

ISAM kinda disappeared after CoT, sadly. A few of us tried to find him, no real luck. There's actually a rather popular theory that he was Robert Jordan, and ISAM was his forum name. No proof to that though.

I'd love to know the reasoning behind that theory - was it just the timing, or was it other clues. Regretably, I never got to know RJ, certainly not well enough to know if this was akin to his sense of humor or not.

I'm wondering the same.

Elayne: My raised chin will teach you some manners.

Taim: My folded arms will deflect your raised chin.

Elayne: My icy stare will fend off your folded arms.

Taim: My arrogant half-smile will defuse your icy stare.

Elayne: My turned back will rebuff your half-smile.

Taim: My veiled threats will turn back your turned back.

Elayne: My girlish giggling will parry your veiled threats. Tee-hee.

Birgitte & Dyelin: Tee-hee.

Taim: You bore me.

Elayne: it’s working.

tee-hee.

I highly doubt this was RJ.

I remember way back in like 1997, those atari forums were where I first started posting as "Tomada." I'm pretty sure ISAM was around back then or around that time on the forums there. Those forums went through several revisions. They existed because of the Wheel of Time game that came out in I think 1998 or 1999.

Anyway, I just can't believe RJ would've done this. He says he was surprised to find such a huge fan following online, and he didn't have time to actually get online or read fan theories/ideas until the old FAQ was mailed to him in paper form.

Back then he said the FAQ was "1/3 correct."

I loved those forums, but around the time that CoT came out, everyone there started to get really hateful/mean about RJ, so I stopped posting online until right before TGS came out (and that's when I registered here).

Anyway, long story short, ISAM is not RJ, and I don't know what happened to him. :blush:

Archived