DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

College Football

HoppyQ

And Mizzou beats Oklahoma for the first time in something like 12 years. 36-27 final score.

/gets drunk to celebrate

Really awesome game, close right up until the final 10 minutes or so. I feel sad for any Mizzou fans that missed it.

I'm making my prediction right now. Iowa wins out in the B10, enough other teams lose at least one game and they end up in the BCS championship against Oregon. Hawkeyes kill ducks just for fun. Iowa 31 - Oregon 27.

Haha no way. Iowa's D-Line is very impressive, but Oregon would win by 2+ TDs.

What I meant by the Oregon and BSU comment was that I don't see how you can't be excited. Are they the "traditional" powers, but it would be a hell of a game.

So much for my prediction. Now the only way we find out is if Iowa wins out and Oregon loses. Then they'd meet in the Rose Bowl. Maybe. The B10 could end up in a mess. If Iowa wins out, MSU only loses to Iowa and Wisc wins out then it ends in a 3 way tie. Or if Iowa beast MSU and then loses to OSU it could end up in a three way tie with MSU, OSU, and Wisc. The way it works now, the one with the highest BCS ranking goes to the Rose Bowl, it doesn't really matter who beat who.

• 2 months later...

Anyone watching the coaching changes at Michigan?

The Mad Hatter to Michigan!!! Wouldn't that be great. I love B10(+2) football but we could use a little more color in coaching. Maybe he could help the big 10 set up the same pay for play that the sec has.

Anyone watching the coaching changes at Michigan?

The Mad Hatter to Michigan!!! Wouldn't that be great. I love B10(+2) football but we could use a little more color in coaching. Maybe he could help the big 10 set up the same pay for play that the sec has.

Might help them win some bowl games then!

after last night's game, I'm convinced more than ever that non auto qualifiers have as much right and ability as the major conference qualifiers. I've never liked the BCS - cherry picking two teams and hoping they are in fact the best two has turned out more flops than not, and you haven't been able, save once or twice, to say these are the best two in the land. But having two teams whose qualifications can be summed up as what conference they play in is growing tiresome to me. If Boise had won out, they'd still have been left out this year. TCU was perfect AND was left out, then they beat a team that was supposed to be every bit the offensive juggernaut that Oregon and Auburn are. Given the comedy of errors that last night was, I'd say they'd have had an even shot or better at either team.

thumbs down, BCS, thumbs down.

and now onto the sport I love best: college hoops!

• 2 weeks later...

As an alumni of Auburn University (Class of 1995), I am still on cloud nine. It has been a rollercoaster season on and off the field. Cam Newton is truly one the greatest to ever play the college game yet as a life long die hard Auburn fan I want a championship without a Cam Newton cloud hanging over it. It's a shame for all the kids who've sacrificed their bodies and their lives for four years in this program to finally win it all and have the rest of the country look down their noses at what they've accomplished.

As for the BCS Championship game - you saw two high powered offenses that hadn't competed in nearly 40 straight days. You can't imagine what that does to the timing of a fast paced offense like Oregon or Auburn...well, if you watched the game, now you can.

All I can say is beware the SEC. It's doubtful Auburn will be back in form next season, but Alabama, LSU, and Florida are stacked and loaded and ready. Six in a row?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived