DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

College Football

HoppyQ

Are there any college football fans on here? I am a diehard Iowa fan. It was a tough loss this weekend but I was impressed with AZ. They are a pretty good team but I think on a neutral field in a game that didn't end a 1:30 in the morning Iowa time, Iowa would win a rematch. Looking at the rankings, I think that Alabama is pretty good but I don't think their good enough to hold on to the #1 ranking. I think OSU is way over ranked. I watched them against Ohio and they might have blown them away but they still struggled with their running game. That's going to hurt them big time in the B10. I also think that Denard Robinson is the most overrated player in the country. He hasn't faced a real defense yet and I think they'll be lucky to go 4-4 in the B10.

Ok, I know I responded to this earlier but it seems to have disappeared in the latest reboot.

To repeat myself, I am a Vanderbilt fan which makes victorie silke last Saturday even more sweet. I think Alabama is currently the #1 team in the nation. They are total domination on the football field. That said, their game this weekend against Arkansas will be a good measuring stick to their power.

Did ya see Ohio University's mascot "Rufus" attack "Brutus", the Ohio State mascot? It's hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siM3-4AAP2Y

To my shame, I will admit my loyalty to Purdue.

I'm sick of Danny Hope and his staff already. Poor recruiting, poor coaching, poor play calling. With Keith Smith hurt, the only real excitement for this season will be watching Ryan Kerrigan play. If we had some linebackers to take up more of the opposing offensive line's attention, he would be even better.

To my shame, I will admit my loyalty to Purdue.

I'm sick of Danny Hope and his staff already. Poor recruiting, poor coaching, poor play calling. With Keith Smith hurt, the only real excitement for this season will be watching Ryan Kerrigan play. If we had some linebackers to take up more of the opposing offensive line's attention, he would be even better.

I work with a bunch of Purdue alum so I sympathize with you. After watching them struggle with Ball State (BALL STATE!!) I think you are in for a long season. On the other hand my wife is a ND fan so it's not going to be a real happy season in our house either.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Mizzou fan but not had an opportunity to follow lately, unfortunately. What, with me being a Rams fan and all, I had to have at least one winning football team to root for.

Seeing how Tennessee is the bane of my existence, I loved how they lost and relished every heart breaking moment. :smile:

I really think Ohio State will lose in the next couple weeks. I think that could make things interesting in the BCS. Anyone imagine an Oregon vs Boise State National Championship? :blink:

If you are still grouping Oregon and Boise St. in the same class then you haven't been watching college football very long.

I've been watching for close to 30 years. Given that Boise beat Oregon last year, why would you think they are not? Granted, Oregon is much better this year than last year but why do you assume Boise did not improve when they kept most of last year's team?

/shrug

I'm making my prediction right now. Iowa wins out in the B10, enough other teams lose at least one game and they end up in the BCS championship against Oregon. Hawkeyes kill ducks just for fun. Iowa 31 - Oregon 27.

Haha no way. Iowa's D-Line is very impressive, but Oregon would win by 2+ TDs.

What I meant by the Oregon and BSU comment was that I don't see how you can't be excited. Are they the "traditional" powers, but it would be a hell of a game.

Holy crap, anyone else watching the Oklahoma-Missouri game? Mizzou starts by running kickoff for touchdown, stops Oklahoma in the next three plays, then fumbles kickoff to give ball to Oklahoma. After that OK scores :O

All in 1.5 minutes.

Archived