DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sunburn is bad

alannalynn

So Laine was out in the pool all day, and... she's kinda red. LOBSTER red. And it's not fun. Worst part: she's red in front, kinda tannish, pink, not as red in back. *bah to uneven tans* :( I have much too pale/fair of skin for sunburn to ever be a good thing. *le sigh*

Heh, nothing could compare to the god-awful sunburn I got in Cancun. I did put sunscreen on like 5 times and I still burned really bad. I was peeling for weeks. I'm like Nyn though, it's fun to peel. ;D

That said, the tops of my arms are very lightly tanned, but my legs are pale English-like white. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bubble wrap! I say bubble wrap popping is better than all above mentioned ideas.

However, I agree that sunburn is horrible. My wife has a sun allergy which leads to terribly itchy hives for her whenever she gets too much direct sun. This presents a problem since we both love fishing and camping so much. Lots of sunblock purchases for us.

Would not know too much about tanning. I have never tried it. I burn when it is cloudy out - just kidding lol :rolleyes: . But I do burn pretty fast when it is sunny; and I am not keen on the idea of leather skin and skin cancer, so I never thought tanning for me would be a good thing.

Peeling stickers are fun- I have loved that since I was young. Still love it now - I do not know if that is weird or not, in all honesty <_< .

Guest BaLefireP

Wow...and ow. How did you manage that ? Fell asleep on the beach without the sun screen :laugh: ?

I have never been to the beach, I was out working for a guy and had no sunscreen and was stuck in the sun with no shirt on from sun up to sun down.

You have never been to a beach ? That is amazing. I am usually in an in-land place, but I like going to a beach in winter; nice and cold, the water is really nice since it is more turbulent, no sun, and, most importantly, no people to crowd up the view and ambiance.

I cannot determine for you. To me, it just does not seem right, not seeing the ocean once in your life in person. I try to see as much of the world as possible, so I would try to plan a trip if an opportunity arose. Summer if you like heat and noise, winter if you like cold and solitude.

Archived