DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

This is taking forever...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Segurant
Segurant Said
Dude! I missed on a lot at Con working. I don't want to miss out again.

Pay the $40 and don't have to work a second of it. :)

I was really happy the Con put that on the registration form this year....I always mean to buy my ticket for next year during the Con and I always forget. It was great to take care of 2007 while buying 2006's badge.

why pay $40 when I get the badge for free, work the Wheel of Time and not miss a thing ;)

Segurant Said

why pay $40 when I get the badge for free, work the Wheel of Time and not miss a thing ;)

Given your situation I imagine not working is pretty impossible (I shudder to think how home life would go if you announced there would be no assisting in the WoT track next year) but D*C is one of those times where I enjoy getting to sit back, relax, and cause a general ruckus while ignoring any possible responsibility. :D

Guest Segurant
Segurant Said
why pay $40 when I get the badge for free' date=' work the Wheel of Time and not miss a thing ;)[/color']

Given your situation I imagine not working is pretty impossible (I shudder to think how home life would go if you announced there would be no assisting in the WoT track next year) but D*C is one of those times where I enjoy getting to sit back, relax, and cause a general ruckus while ignoring any possible responsibility. :D

my job is quite simple at Dragon*Con. I ensure the room is clean after we close for the day. I make sure all the chairs are in place before we begin each day. I setup the room for each panel. I am the time keeper for the panels. I make sure that the Track Director is sane throughout the whole weekend. I actually take a bunch of pictures as well. I fill in when others can't make it. I run errands for the Track. I answer questions. I take responsibility as the number 2 guy at the track, ie I make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible. More than not, I'm always in the track room.

Segurant Said

I make sure that the Track Director is sane throughout the whole weekend.

Admit it, this is your only real job. :D

Seriously though, I appreciate all the work you guys do for the track -- even the stuff that may sound simple is still normally vital. With that said, I'd rather just pay the $40. :)

Of course, I think I'd go mad if I had to stay in one track for the entire con -- the place just pulls at too many of my interests.

There are other tracks????

Only because we haven't taken them over yet. If you'd only give me more than a length of string and some empty pudding cups to work with...

Hmm... *ponders* Now I'm wondering what an assimilated Potter track would look like. I'm picturing Gryffindors in fancloaks and Ravenclaws in shawls... and a Lucius cosplayer with flaming eyes... *grins*

Yikes' date=' I think a part of my brain just died....Potter/WoT crossover is a scary thought.[/quote']

Okay, because I'm a geek like this and I'll get up in the middle of the night to write things... I give you part 1 of my newest Silly Story - "Benty Potter and the Wheel of Time"!

http://bentgaidin.livejournal.com/2849.html

More to follow as it's written, hopefully daily.

Ohh wow, I'm gonna have to look through those stories sometime... lol. Most are likely a little before my time, but there are a few I remember.

From a Kathana story:

Joe crept stealthily through the halls of the White Tower, hunting the Amyrlin. He was relentless in his search. He could not be swayed from his course. The Warder was like an arrow speeding towards his target. Nothing, absolutely nothing could keep him away from his purpose. Hey! There’s Jhaenara, with a bunch of laundry….I wonder if she is heading towards the linen closet….How much trouble can Kat get into in an hour anyways? With a new purpose, he swerved to follow the novice.

>< >< >< ><

Archived