DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Division in the Tower

Since there is all of this talk about Alliances and where the Ajah's stand, and we like to pride ourselves on going by the books as much as possible, it is hard not to notice that one of the major things that happened in the books is the division of the White Tower and the Rebel Tower. Now, I know that we're not doing the physical Tower split and never will, but could we not have major division? I know that it would have to be over something large, and may cause headaches all around, but it's really important in the books and would supply major RP fun to play.

Ofcourse, the idea doesn't have much to back it in the way of what type of thing might cause such an uproar in the Tower that the Ajah's would divide so much, but that could be worked on if I really set my mind to it, and threw around some ideas with people.

That was the original reason why we created the Alliances so long ago, and why they're important. I mean, this is a MAJOR thing that occurs in the books, and spans several books-worth. The division of the Tower show's a breaking in one of the most powerful structures in Randland.

Just some things to think about, I guess. What do you all think? I know a lot of you aren't too keen on politics, and I guess I seem to be more politically minded; however, in the books politics are a big deal in the life of an Aes Sedai. What with Daes Dae'mar, and everything. Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

Brightest Blessings,

Serena

Right now, I'm studying for a History mid-term I have tomorrow, so the ideas aren't flying around as much as they could be; however, I assume that the Blue's will probably come out looking poorly. I may have to make Serena take a stand that I don't quite agree with to make it happen. But that is the way of the interesting RP  ;)

Since we are approaching the subject of Asha'man and their Bonding Reds all this time, Serena would probably think it was an outrage that the Amyrlin helped spur that on, and how it was being kept secret from the rest of the Tower. "In times like these! How dare she! Well, leave it to an Amyrlin that was Raised from the Red Ajah to do such a blasphemous thing."  ;)

Are there any other "detramental" secrets?

That's only one thought that I've got for now, with American History to 1890 running rampant in my brain. ^_~

Plus, if anyone has any ideas, let them be known!! hehe

Umm... just a thought, but... do we have enough Aes Sedai in the Tower to RP a split? The more people you have not talking to each other, the less RP'ing you have going on (thus the reason I'm not big on Alliances, either). Considering most of us are scrounging for enough people to justify a report every month, do we really want to start splitting them up?

I don't think she means that kind of split, and no I don't think we do and it was decided long ago by the Incarns that it would not happen at DM.  We do have the numbers to stir up a little ajah drama on who sides with who and who takes what views on the Asha'man though. *G*

What Jade said.

Definitely no formal split in the Tower, just a bit of between-Ajahs conflict to keep things interesting. If everybody likes everybody else, we might as well pack up and go home ... lol

For example: the Heads are meeting up. If they're all BBF, that would make an excruciatingly boring RP. If some of them hate each other's guts, but are forced to work together, that becomes much more interesting. And Aes Sedai-like.

Yes, exactly. I was hoping for something that might stick, and keep them semi-divided for awhile. Of course, I don't mean the complete split like in the books, but something somewhat similar. I feel that the division in the Tower (although physical in the books) is representative of the Dark One's hold on the world. Plus, like Elgee said, it's very Aes Sedai-like to have to work with the one's you don't like to come to a common goal.

I am ALWAYS keen to RP with people I don't like. I'm trying to get Regalia Raised asap. So once that's done, I'll have a Blue to play with. And a Yellow.

We need a major RP going soon. Something involving the whole WT?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

So, I was thinking about a major flap that could occur in our Tower... something that would merit a division like this.

Perhaps it could be tied to the other major inter-ajah RPs right now, bonding Asha'man and the Ajah Heads finding each other. Perhaps there's some sour grapes among the Ajahs about the Reds bonding Asha'man without consulting the rest of the Tower, adding in the idea that the Amyrlin raised from their Ajah was in on it... perhaps the Blue, Gray, White, and Brown come together to decide that the Reds have been doing too much without the rest of the Tower. Maybe there's the suggestion of deposing Shevarra... it wouldn't have to pass, but a motion like that in the Hall would offend a lot of people, inflaming tensions, and making everything all kinds of unpleasant.

Thoughts?