DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT Favorites: Aes Sedai

Dionysus

What do you think will happen with the Seanchan?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen with the Seanchan?

• Rand creates a peace and the Seanchan join him
    • The Seanchan rebel and Tarmon Gai'don is lost (ha ha)
    • They have a cease fire with Rand, and help in the Last Battle, but they don't join him. (like the whitecloaks with the Aiel)
    • They conquer Randland and help Rand unite the land for the Last Battle.
    • Muhahahahahahahah!!!!!!....they all die (heehee)

Not enough said' date=' I couldnt stand reading through a thousand pages of the Hobbit story lines in the LOTR, and I could barely stand watching them on the bigscreen. Peter Jackson did it right, the hobbits played a major role, but the LOTR is much more than some pathetic creatures, and Jackson, much to my glee, decided that the better story line was with Aragorn and rightfully so.

So, instead of having all of these epic battle scenes and such, you would rather have Peter Jackson extend the movies to 56 hours so we can get the full story of Aragorn chasing after Pippin? Gimme a break.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, I just really hate the hobbits, well not hate them, more hate reading about them. I had to watch paint dry for 2 weeks just to get some excitement in my life after the LoTR :)[/quote']

First of: HERETIC! Beware of the cleansing fires of Hell! *Growls* Seriously: the tale of the hobbits is one of several things that really makes the Master's work a masterpiece instead of yet another boring, pompous war story. It makes the story LIVE, dangit (one knows one has read a little to much Dork Tower when one starts cursing like that)!

Secondly: STILL - OF - TOPIC!

Moric of the Singing Wind sept of the Miagoma Aiel

it was a toss off between Moiraine and Alviarin, but Alviarin edged in with the fact that she single handedly caused Siuan to be pulled down by throwing the support of the black behind Elaida, managed to outsmart the forsaken controlling her and for all practical purposes outrank Mesaana. its hard to beat that. an ideal candidate for a new forsaken if you ask me, her and Mazrim Taim.

First of: HERETIC! Beware of the cleansing fires of Hell! *Growls*

Sorry, but LoTR is probably the most overrated series in history. Boring and sad if you have the stomach and patience to wade through that much drivel.

Not nearly so much as so many seem to think (even if it's doomed to try discuss taste).

But still: OF TOPIC, BURN ME!

If anyone wants to discuss LotR - create a thread in the right forum...

• 4 years later...

Nynaeve! No Aes Sedai in the current Age has done so much. She defeated a Forsaken one-on-one, something no other female channeler have managed so far in the series (Moiraine might have killed two, as far as we know, but none of them in real combat), she helped cleanse Saidin, and she's really important to Rand. Also, she's superhot in my mind. And, she's just a really cool character in every way!

Only thing I don't get is how she fell for Lan, and he fell for her. I mean, Lan is cool and all, but they fell in love because of her tracking skills or what?

Only thing I don't get is how she fell for Lan, and he fell for her. I mean, Lan is cool and all, but they fell in love because of her tracking skills or what?

I think they're more alike than it seems. They're both fiercely devoted to their people/country, brave, have a strong sense of duty, and refuse to surrender no matter what. Nynaeve thinks in TGS that Lan has a temper too, he's just good at hiding it from most people.

Archived