DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Could Rand not be "He who comes with the dawn"

Shein

Ok, hear me out...

I'm in the middle of my re-read (Thanks Brandon) and was thinking about the whole "Chief of Chiefs"  bit with the Aiel.  I keep coming back the fact the Rand never really "came with the dawn".  Sure he is a "Chief of Chiefs" as shown by the dragons but I keep thinking there might be more to it.  Then I re-read this little tid bit...

Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.

Once for mourning, once for birth.

Red on black, the Dragon’s blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.

In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the Shadow.

We all know Elayne is preggers and so I thought maybe Rand's baby boy might be the real "He Who Comes With the Dawn" to fulfill the salvation end of the Aiel Prophecy.

This is only meant to spark discussion and I'm sure Luckers will destroy all thought in this direction.

Prophecy only exists in this story to demonstrate how stupid it is to put stock in such things.

I'd say the prophecies have demonstrated how it's stupid to use prophecy to interpret future actions, and that the only real way you can verify the truth of a prophecy is after it has been fulfilled (and it can usually be retroactively applied to lots of different events), making prophecy virtually useless except perhaps as a means to identify prophetic characters such as the Dragon Reborn. If Moiraine, in TSR, had managed to convince Rand that the "city, lost and forsaken" really was Illian, and not Rhuidean, there's no telling what might have happened once the thread of fate had been side-stepped. At the very least, he wouldn't have been there to revive Mat (who had already been told he had to go to Rhuidean or die).

Rand already fulfilled the prophecy when he came out of rhuiden with the dragons on his arms, and just to add to that he did come with the dawn back to the Aiel camp. Wasnt there also something about him leading the Aiel from the waste, and him bringing rain to the waste as he did in that canyon where he addressed the aiel and told them he was He who comes with the Dawn?

Archived