DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much point in me casting a vote since we've already reached majority. However, I will say that if Aemon flips innocent then I think we should be looking at Pete. Though I doubt Aemon will flip innocent, given that he's avoided answering the question of why he thinks Verbal and Boopsy are scum. It's Day 3, you need to say a little more than just 'I think they're scum'.

It's hard to post when DM is down.

I agree with Pete's reasoning, and it makes sense.  [glow=red,2,300]Aemon[/glow]

Class rooms

Pete says "ignore the finder's results and the fact that he really blocked Player. Just follow my lead". And that's exactly what Verbal does. Scummy.

I explained this one before, so I'll just quote it for you.

Glah... I'm gonna quickly post this and then run out.

I believe Pete more than Aemon. In a game this huge, Pete outing himself JUST to target someone for a lynch is pretty pointless. I'm gonna vote Aemon for now. Sorry dood, but I REALLY hate rolefishers and you've been rolefishing this whole time. An accusation of, "Look he's scum coz he won't tell us who he is." is really just downright scummy. And being THIS desperate to get a finder's viewing when ya weren't really in the deep water just shows that it's your power to appear innocent. If I were the finder, I wouldn't even bother with you.

So... aemon.

Riiiiight. Having someone lie and say that you targeted the dead guy and an 8 vote bandwagon is nothing to worry about, is it? Are you on a team with "Kingsley" by any chance?

Odd: one of them is anti-town. Even: Neither or Both of them are anti-town. But, since we don't get alignment confirmations, only guesses from our knowledge of the books - what good is my ability???

Rose says she got an odd from her viewing. I am curious why she did not use herself as a control for the viewing.

I got on briefly yesterday and saw the aemon trend and it looked like he was history even then.  Then I tried to get on last night to review again and vote but DM was down.  Seeing the lynch fail was unexpected; it's something I've never seen happen during a mafia game before.  Talya, the game you mention -- what made the lynch fail in that one?  Can a lynch be blocked? 

To be honest, the failed lynch actually makes aemon look more suspicious.  I  wonder if it's because he actually is guilty/scum, or if the mafia blocked the lynch (if that is indeed possible) to keep everyone's attention focused on him and away from them. 

Rose, I'm not asking you to tell us the name of the other person you viewed but was it someone other than yourself?

Here is who is left in the game:

1. Wombat

2. Bela replaced by Charis Day 3

3. Ellianora

4. Mottlee

5. Marta replaced by Boopsy Day 2

6. Som1else

7. Thorum

9. Krak

11. Daruya

12. Lia

13. Aemon

14. Pete

16. Nae

17. Adella

18. Jessi replaced by Wolfie Day 1

19. Talya

20. Tigs

22. Pookie

24. Player

25. Verbal

27. Pankhuri

30. Alanna

31. Locke

34. Jeran

35. Danya replaced by Dah'mir Night 2

36. Rose

39. rojano

40. Taei

41. Crusher

And here's the last vote count.  Note that Aemon had (20) votes but only 18 names are listed.  Do we have two double voters?

Deadline

Tuesday, June 15th @ 2pm CST; 29 alive, 15 to lynch

Vote Count

Aemon(20): Thorum, Pete, Jeran, Tayla, Wombat, Charis, Nae, Krak, Tigs, Lia, Dah, Boopsy, Verbal, Pookie, Rose, Mottlee, Locke, Taei

Pete(1): Aemon

no vote(10): Dar, Som1, Player, Pankh, Wolfie, Alanna, rojano, Crusher, Elli, Adella

Other questions: Can a player or players in this game divert an "attack" onto someone else?  For example, if someone targets playerA but that player is blocked a secondary target, playerB gets hit?  I'm not putting anything past Red in this game!  She's tricksy, she is!

I got on briefly yesterday and saw the aemon trend and it looked like he was history even then.  Then I tried to get on last night to review again and vote but DM was down.  Seeing the lynch fail was unexpected; it's something I've never seen happen during a mafia game before.  Talya, the game you mention -- what made the lynch fail in that one?  Can a lynch be blocked? 

To be honest, the failed lynch actually makes aemon look more suspicious.  I  wonder if it's because he actually is guilty/scum, or if the mafia blocked the lynch (if that is indeed possible) to keep everyone's attention focused on him and away from them. 

Rose, I'm not asking you to tell us the name of the other person you viewed but was it someone other than yourself?

1. Wombat

3. Ellianora

4. Mottlee

6. Som1else

7. Thorum

9. Krak

11. Daruya

12. Lia

13. Aemon

14. Pete

16. Nae

17. Adella

19. Talya

20. Tigs

22. Pookie

24. Player

25. Verbal

27. Pankhuri

30. Alanna

31. Locke

34. Jeran

36. Rose

39. rojano

40. Taei

41. Crusher

And here's the last vote count.  Note that Aemon had (20) votes but only 18 names are listed.  Do we have two double voters?

Deadline

Vote Count

Aemon(20): Thorum, Pete, Jeran, Tayla, Wombat, Charis, Nae, Krak, Tigs, Lia, Dah, Boopsy, Verbal, Pookie, Rose, Mottlee, Locke, Taei

no vote(10): Dar, Som1, Player, Pankh, Wolfie, Alanna, rojano, Crusher, Elli, Adella

Other questions: Can a player or players in this game divert an "attack" onto someone else?  For example, if someone targets playerA but that player is blocked a secondary target, playerB gets hit?  I'm not putting anything past Red in this game!  She's tricksy, she is!  Please don't take that as a defense of anyone; I'm just trying to think in as fiendishly devious way as our lovely Mod to come up with curve balls she might be throwing at us.

1. Wombat

3. Ellianora

4. Mottlee

6. Som1else

7. Thorum

9. Krak

11. Daruya

12. Lia

13. Aemon

14. Pete

16. Nae

17. Adella

19. Talya

20. Tigs

22. Pookie

24. Player

25. Verbal

27. Pankhuri

30. Alanna

31. Locke

34. Jeran

36. Rose

39. rojano

40. Taei

41. Crusher

Deadline

Vote Count

Other questions: Can a player or players in this game divert an "attack" onto someone else?  For example, if someone targets playerA but that player is blocked a secondary target, playerB gets hit?  I'm not putting anything past Red in this game!  She's tricksy, she is!  Please don't take that as a defense of anyone; I'm just trying to think in as fiendishly devious way as our lovely Mod to come up with curve balls she might be throwing at us.

*clears throat*  HEM HEM  3rd times a charm *crosses fingers*

Dar - PAFO, the vote count is acurate though

Deadline

Wed, June 16th @ 6pm CST or when all Night Actions have been received

Class Rooms - 1

Hogwarts Grounds - 6

Deloris Umbridge walked into her room at The Three Broomsticks; Dumbledore had refused any of the Ministry Officials room and board at the castle which only served to ruffle her feathers more.  After all, she was Under Secretary to the Minister himself and she had explicit orders from Fudge to keep an eye on things.  She hung her cloak on the peg and sat down to take off her shoes; though the room was a bit drab from what she was used to, she took solace in the fact that at least she didn't have to pretend to be a teacher, though admittedly the school could use some improvements in that area.

She sat massaging her feet, working out the kinks from a long day of walking; a knock came at her door and she smiled.

"Ah good, my food is early today." She said to herself as she stood.  She then spoke a little louder to the person behind the door, putting on her normal simpering tone.  "Just one moment."  

Taking a minute to compose herself, she took her time looking in the mirror to straighten the bow on top of her head.  Clearing her throat with the normal 'Hem Hem' she opened the door with a smile.  A confused look came onto her face as she found the doorway empty, sticking her head out of the door she peered down the hallway to find it equally empty; she gave an indignant 'Hmph' as she backed into her room, then a gasp of surprise as she saw there was a plain brown package laying at her doorstep addressed to her.  Smiling in a self conceited sort of way, she reached down and gingerly picked up the package; it was very light, whatever it was, she turned and closed the door with her foot as she continued to examine the package.

She didn't recognize the handwriting, nor was there a note to explain why this had been left at her doorstep, or what was hidden beneath the wrapping.  Curiosity overcoming her, she hesitantly unwrapped the parcel and opened the box; digging through the balled up papers of the Dailey Prophet that had been used to insulate and protect the item within.  Confusion becoming more pronounced on her toad like face, Umbridge pulled the item out of the box to examine it further.  It was a glittering horn of some sort, the likes of which she had never seen; it had a pearl like sheen to it and was fat like a conch shell, the body of it curling in many spirals.  

Turning it over in her hands, she continued to inspect it, and much more roughly than was wise.  Had Umbridge paid attention in Care of Magical Creatures class while in school she would have known instantly that what she held was an erumpet horn, whcih contains a highly explosive liquid inside it.  As Umbridge held her ear up to the Horn and gave it a good shake, she foudn out the hard way the Erumpets were becoming extinct.  

The Horn began to glow with a magnificent brightness and Umbridge stared at it transfixed in wonder; the Horn then exploded with a loud bang, leaving nothing but a scorched mark on the floor where she had been standing.

Aemon, Delorise Umbridge as been blown up

Well that wiped the smile from her face, lol.

Dar, I have no idea what caused it in the other game, it's still on going. however I'm thinking one of two things, either he had some kind of power that prevented it (one time or part of his role) a bit like  a bullet proof. Or someone could have prevented it it.

Of course there is a third option, the mod is playing games with us :D (okay I was joking about that, well mostly!)

My PR was given by an item (a chocolate) so my guess is that either a) a player had a one time ability they bestowed upon me or b) the mod has a certain number of daily gifts preplanned and random.org "liked" me.  If it is a second person with a role... *starts eyeing folks in search of Romilda Vane*

Umbridge was blown up? *giggles* That's awesome. I just watched the fifth movie last night, so my Umbridge-hatred is strong right now :D

So, judging by the nature of the death, I would take this was a nk, and not a delayed reaction in the lynch? Because the lynches have been people sent to Azkaban.

Sorry I missed the whole weekend btw; last night was the first free minute I had all weekend, and DM was down. Boo.

Rose, I don't know if you're allowed, but like other people have suggested, you should use your name as one of the names when you send in your NA. I had that same role in Jeran's Seanchan game (except I sent in 3 names, not two), and sending in my own name helped. Of course, since you can only send in 2, maybe you aren't allowed to?

^ i know, so much better than a group of Centaurs taking her off into the woods hehehehehe

FYI, because i've had a few people ask about it and want to clarify.  

if you go to the OP post, you will see i've put a name in (..)'s by each dead players name. for instance "Might of the Ministry" is different than "Dementor NK".  

you should see a pattern emerge from the names and should be able to guess some of the games set up ;)

and i shall not help anymore than that *snickers*

Sorry about the triple post, everyone.  Whenever I tried to post, I kept getting an error so I'd post again . . . Aaaaargh!

Wow, what a development.  I actually believed aemon there for awhile about his character . . . and all along he was a LLL.

(Note to Mod: In Deathly Hallows, it was the erumpet horn that was explosive; that's what blew the Lovegood's upper floor apart.  However, Mr. Lovegood was convinced that it was the horn of a crumple-horned snorkack.

I'm off to look at the list again . . .

Oh, and [glow=purple,2,300]Hogwarts Grounds[/glow]

So, I'm guessing that Umbridge isn't town. So, would look like we need to look a little closer at who he said was town.... *goes back to search*

[glow=blue,2,300]Class Rooms[/glow]

see i couldn't remember what Hermy had called it, so i went with what i remember it being called.   with the horn in this scene though, i used my imagination instead of goign by the books.

i'm actually goign to change the name of that then :)  thanks Dar.

Deadline

Wed, June 16th @ 6pm CST or when all Night Actions have been received

Class Rooms - 2

Hogwarts Grounds - 7

Maybe he( she) issued Educational Decree #87 saying the the High Inquisitor may not be lynched.  ;D

Hehehe...I lol'ed at that.

[glow=purple,2,300]Hogwarts Grounds[/glow]

For what it's worth, I've never seen a lynch fail like that.  Could be a Governor-type role that can pardon people for lynches....that's the only way I can see it tied to a specific role.  Unless it was a game mechanic of some sort.

Archived