DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

I know that it doesn't sound very reasonable but I am suspicious of some of those that took his bait hook, line and sinker.  Go ahead and say it...if they were on a team then they wouldn't support each other.  No one knows WIFOM better than Mynd claims too.  I think the person that bought it the most was [glow=red,2,300]Meesh[/glow].  She was very adamant about defending Mynd and explaining the stuff that he said...also agreeing wholeheartedly with him.

It's good thinking, actually, and I can see where you're coming from.  Unfortunately for me, I thought Mynd had all but proven himself to be town, and I did agree with a lot of what he said.  It made sense to me.  When I was mafia, I've always found success in using misdirection as opposed to outright lies.  Be helpful.  Make good, solid points.  Make sure they're leading in directions you yourself know to be false, but that from an outside perspective have a lot of weight and make sense.

So I agreed with Mynd about some of the things he said because, to me, they made sense.  Also, having thought we had enough proof to be pretty darn sure he was town, I must say I wanted to follow along with him like I did in LotR mafia, because as a townie he's a formidable opponent for the mafia.  A mistake I'm not going to make again--being lazy might be easy, but it's not helpful. :)

A little learning experience for me, yay. :D

**edit new**

I don't know if anyone brought this up or not, I feel like someone must have but I can't remember who it would've been if they did...anyway...

I wanted to say that I also think Mynd faked his PR.  He started his after Talya started hers.  And he only said anything about having 10 posts AFTER Talya said that about hers.  He also kind of changed his story about how his PR came about, so I don't think that there is another PR-giver, or if there is, they didn't touch Mynd (I'm thinking of Locke's observation about Krak's posts about that Lemon Bitter drink or whatever it was).

Not that that means too much, but since I think some people were still speculating about PR-givers and powers being doubled.... *shrugs*

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to me like the mafia was scared of Dah'mir finding more scum and they had Fenrir Greyback daykill him.  What this says about Aemon and Charis, I'm not sure.    It could be that the mafia panicked or it could be that they took the opportunity to take out an important role as well as sow WIFOM.  Personally, I would like a role reveal from Charis and a character reveal from Aemon.  Charis has claimed a character but not a role.  Aemon has claimed a role and hinted at a character and I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but I would like him to go on the record and claim a character.

Are you sure you want me to reveal my role? It's unexcitingly passive, which I've stated before 1000 pages ago. Think about it - Viktor Krum, Pro Quidditch Player. Any power you think can be attributed to him? Unless you consider a temper b/c those Durmstrang boys dont go down easily.  ;) I can drop hints, but if I reveal it blatantly, I'm afraid that it will never be used.  :-\ Rest assured, except for any one-time ability that might be given to me, I am 'inactive' whether day or night. That actually makes me sigh.  :P

And omg, what was the point of offing Dah??  :o His readings were throwing everyone into confusion about people's alignments, why wouldnt the mafia just want to use him to further their cause?  ??? That would, of course, mean that they are trying to frame myself or Aemon. Just great...  ::)

I got about 30 pages into my review earlier today and then DM stopped working for me.  Talk about frustrating.  I had a baby shower to go to after work and I only just now got home so I still have a lot of reviewing to do.  I hope I can get through it all tonight.

Deadline

Wed June, 9th @ 2pm CST; 32 alive, 17 to lynch

Vote Count

Dar(3): Pete, Charis, Meesh

Charis(2): Wombat, Taei

Meesh(1): Tigs

no vote(26): Amadine, Bela, Mottlee, Som1, Krak, Aemon, Nae, Adella, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Pankh, Wolfie, Alanna, Jeran, Danya, Rose, rojano, Crusher, Tayla, Dar, Thorum, Elli, Boopsy, Locke, Lia, Nyn, Marta, Blig Blog

I get to view 2 players a night. I get an odd or even response. Odd: one of them is anti-town. Even: Neither or Both of them are anti-town. But, since we don't get alignment confirmations, only guesses from our knowledge of the books - what good is my ability???

Rose, if you post your viewings, it could possibly help narrow down a list of potential suspects.  OTOH, it could also help the mafia blocker to block the mafia member if you get an odd response.  Odd role, though; it can lead to just as much confusion as Dah's 75% accuracy Finder role.

After my review, I must say I don't have a good candidate to toss out as a high-likelihood scum.  I had hoped I would. :(  I also wish I'd done what I typically do and record each person and their votes but there are just so darn many pages. 

I'm getting a bit frustrated, too; the number of inactive players in this game is riddikulus. 

You know, I saw Taei poke her head up and decided to case her...

Okay, well, I came in to vote before time ran out and I hadn't finished reading the thread yet, so when I saw that time was frozen I decided to read most of it before I posted. I think I'm going to go with [glow=red,2,300]Thorum[/glow]. If for nothing else than for the fact that my head is starting to hurt from the is he or isn't he a miller convo. *rubs forehead*

[glow=Blue,2,300]Hogwarts Great Hall[/glow]

Well, I'm going to have to go with [glow=red,2,300]Charis[/glow]. I've got caught up on reading, finally. So many posts in such a short time. >.<

I still had time, so I took a look at Pankhuri...

[glow=red,2,300]Amadine[/glow]

vote [glow=red,2,300]rojano[/glow]

Since I STILL had time, I decided Rojano needed a closer look...

I got with [glow=red,2,300]rose[/glow]

what a nice name :)

[glow=red,2,300]Unvote.[/glow] [glow=red,2,300]Vote Mynd[/glow]

After that I decided Krak was looking strange...

Well, it looks like the game is afoot!

[glow=red,2,300]Wolfie[/glow], from our friends at Random

Just for the sake of correctness' sake, I voted for Wolfie about ten threads ago.

oh yeah, I forgot!

Anyways, Wolfie is still on the no voter list.

[glow=red,2,300]Mynd[/glow]  for lack of another option at the moment. 

WHAT ARE WE YELLING ABOUT!?!?

[glow=blue,2,300]Great Hall[/glow]

Whomever is getting their wisdom teeth out, make sure to eat lots of pineapple before the operation.  It helps reduce the swelling dramatically.

I claim that Bitter Lemon is the most delicious soda drink thing that has ever existed in this world.

5449000133434_200.jpg

Now we get to the interesting part. Mottlee. He has been quiet all game until Mynd kicks the bucket. Immediately after, he is one of the most active players in the game...

Pages 1-69

hey everyone hows it going

well random.org says [glow=red,2,300]Dah'mir[/glow] so i'll go with that

[glow=blue,2,300] Great Hall[/glow]

sent mine in

from what i remember percy wasn't very smart and had a slightly secretive nature.

ok well alot has been said and i'm still trying to get my head around it. i haven't posted cause i don't feel that i have anything constractive to add and posting fluff(i think tnhats what its called) doesn't help the town. i have a couple of question tho

1. why do people think just cause aust was percy that he was town?

2. is there a role that switches a nk to another player? i swear i read it some where but cant find it again

if any one has questions i am happy to answer them

After Mynd dies (pages 70-76)

wow ok that was unexpected

umm i'm going to be on LOA for the next 4 days as i have to go on the primary school camp to supervise

ok so now that we know who mynd was i find it very interesting how he was the choice for the freezeing spell expecially when you consider how close he was to being linched ya 2 scum down alot more to go

1. why do people think just cause aust was percy that he was town?

2. is there a role that switches a nk to another player? i swear i read it some where but cant find it again

man this was evil to find again ok so i never did get an answer was that because of mynds crazy post or was it ignored

i so hate Secrets they trend to take control of me

because i know he was scum that was why i asked the second question cause i couldn't figure out why he would be NK

ok so like i know who people are and what they can do but only after they die so it doesn't help that much grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i so hate Secrets they trend to take control of me

mafia recruter

tho i also know there are back up players for when some people die so we could have another one some where

this game

ok i have to go to bed i will try to check in in the moorning other wise i will be back on in abot 4 days as i have to go on camp

i just relised what i wrote and dah that was what i meant to say if they are mod killed or cant play then the character dyes but the role goes to someone else not if they are lynched or NKed as that is how i got my role  lol should write stuff when i'm tied  ;D

i'm ginny weasley  the only thing i could think of as a hint was i so hate Secrets they trend to take control of me which oversly people didn't get and i figure it would be better to reveal what i know so that we can look at the people that mynd and aust interacted with/voted/didn't vote all that stuff. i probly should have done it soona which is why i asked those question. 

tho i also know there are back up players for when some people die so we could have another one some where

ok just wanted to clarify what i meant here as i relise it isn't very clear. it was that there are back up players for these who can't play/mod killed but there could also be another recruiter. it said somewhere on the MSwiki that this role can be passed onto someone else who is one the mafia team

ok i only have a few minutes so

aust was mafia aligned recruiter

dah was town aligned day finder

mynd was the freezer

and i think that the day1 restart was due to one of the inactives being mod killed( not 100% sure but that s what i have from my info) i thinking we haven 2 mafia's as well it would explain aust being NKed

ok well i'll check back in after camp

He has claimed Ginny Weasly, which would almost definitly be in the game, so I just want to know why he waited till now to say anything? And he announces a 4 day LOA on top of it.

Somethings that I found during my reread...

Mynd was the one that started and (pretty much) finished the whole Adella and Thorum as Miller Masons controversy. Thorum then offs Wolfie with what he says was a vig kill that he cannot tell us how he got. Wombat posed an excellent question at the time, but it never really got answered because of the Miller arguements.

So lemme get this straight.  You are Mundungus Fletcher and you got a vig kill that was a dementor attack?  Did you deliberately try to make up the most ridiculous and ironic roleclaim possible, or is Red really that twisted?

Another thing I noticed was that Mynd rarely addressed Pete and when he did, there was no attack in it. I have seen how they interact and that really stood out to me. Dar, can you confirm that you were doubled last night? Pete, can you give us a hint to your character?

Mynd was the one that started and (pretty much) finished the whole Amadine and Thorum as Miller Masons controversy. Thorum then offs Wolfie with what he says was a vig kill that he cannot tell us how he got. Wombat posed an excellent question at the time, but it never really got answered because of the Miller arguements.

So lemme get this straight.  You are Mundungus Fletcher and you got a vig kill that was a dementor attack?  Did you deliberately try to make up the most ridiculous and ironic roleclaim possible, or is Red really that twisted?

Another thing I noticed was that Mynd rarely addressed Pete and when he did, there was no attack in it. I have seen how they interact and that really stood out to me. Dar, can you confirm that you were doubled last night? Pete, can you give us a hint to your character?

Fixed that for ya ::)

Guest dragonsworn1991

Mynd was the one that started and (pretty much) finished the whole Adella and Thorum as Miller Masons controversy. Thorum then offs Wolfie with what he says was a vig kill that he cannot tell us how he got. Wombat posed an excellent question at the time, but it never really got answered because of the Miller arguements.

I could aemon [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] but [glow=red,2,300]aemon[/glow] why would you want more characters and players revealed? Trying to open the field so you and your scum buddies can pick and choose? Or maybe make a WIFOM for the healer to sort out who to protect.  :o

[glow=red,2,300]Pete[/glow] I know you're tired and all, but that was also just WEAK reasoning. First Mynd, then you, all the good players are playing weakly, pointing the FOS everywhere just to try for a lynch.

Apart from Aemon has already revealed. Hopwever there is Motlees stuff to take into consideration. If it's true!

I would also say that a couple of the people that Mynd pointed at are likely to be his team mates too. But looking back, Mynd only went for those that went after him or reacted in some way.

Adella, I think someone felt that what you and Mynd was doing was contived, not just from him. That wouldn't surprise me.

Has anyone got a list of those that have claimed characters. If we have it one place, hopefully the inactives can easily read it and see if someone is there claiming their character.

IF THEY ARE YOU NEED TO LET US KNOW!!!!!

I'm here. I just finished reading 60 over pages of posts. Which scares me.

And I am not sure who to vote for. *lol* So many people look like scum to me. Just wondering the possibility of have 2 separate Mafia rings. Since there are so many of us...

So much going on!!!! Another 8 pages since i was online last night. Mottlee is highly suspicious to me, fairly inactive to begin then with Mynd dead he comes out of his shell. Also Pete, that was the weakest arguement i think i have ever seen from you.

These are confirmed or hinted at character reveals so far

Mottlee        Ginny

Som1else      Colin Creevey

Thorum       Mundungus

Daruya        (hinted at; see an earlier post about how I feel about reveals!)

Lia     Fred or George?

Aemon     Winky

Talya     Filch

Amadine     Sirius Black

Meesh     Aberforth

Charis     Viktor Krum

Nyn     McGonnagal?  (withdrawn)

Dead Players

Day 1

Wolfie, Cedric Diggory (Unknown)

Boopsy, Rubeus Hagrid (Lynch)

Summer, Ollivander (Modkill)

Koujin, Luna Lovegood (Modkill)

Aust Percy

Dah'mir Arthur Weasley

Mynd Bellatrix

At the moment I'm believing Mottlee's claim.  Her story about getting the Coroner role fits - she got it from one of the mod-killed people.  Looking at the mod-killed people I would totally believe Luna Lovegood as Coroner.

Shoot, I've got to get going or I'll never make it to the chiropractor's in time.  I'll continue once I get to work.

Guest dragonsworn1991

[glow=red,2,300]Pete[/glow] I know you're tired and all, but that was also just WEAK reasoning. First Mynd, then you, all the good players are playing weakly, pointing the FOS everywhere just to try for a lynch.

- Adella first off, I was just laying it out as I saw it, and coupling it with Dah's viewing it raised some flags.

- Secondly, rolefishing is usually a scum move

- So basically in a game me following up on a finder's viewing and behavior I believe to be scummy, makes me scummy, that's a first and a very weak case.

Pot and kettle.  :-*

I said I had a doubling power last night and that's all I am going to say. I said I doubled someone I suspected to be scum so my doubling would act somewhat as a finder viewing. Before people start saying how reckless it was, we have innocents, a lot of them, the mafia were going to kill one already, so one more for the sake of taking out  a mafia member that seemed like a fair trade to me.

Since I did the characters can someone else find and re-post the vote count?  I have to get ready for the 5th grade "graduation" ceremony at my son's school and don't have time right now.

Only two things to add at this point...

1) I am annoyed, like Adella, at how people STILL are getting Amadine and Adella mixed up.  Just because they're both girls and their names both start with a capital "A" doesn't mean you can't read the whole name.  They're not interchangeable.

2) Mottlee is a GIRL.  Just like Wolfie.  There's even that little pink icon over on the side to help you figure that one out. (I know some of you knew this already, but for those who didn't and can't be bothered with using the correct gender...)

That's all for now.  We're never even going to get a majority vote on anyone before the deadline at this rate.

Just read some and will share my thoughts on a couple players this afternoon.  First game Ive been in where everyone is throwing around their charactor roles, usually thats a no no and you get snuffed for that.  Takes getting used to.  Plus only watched a few of the movies so not really that familiar, making my time through the thread slower than I like.  One thing I do notice is seems to be alot of inactives, myself being one and other players creating alot of talk I really don;t see as scum hunting per say.  So something I need to look at more. 

Only two things to add at this point...

1) I am annoyed, like Adella, at how people STILL are getting Amadine and Adella mixed up.  Just because they're both girls and their names both start with a capital "A" doesn't mean you can't read the whole name.  They're not interchangeable.

2) Mottlee is a GIRL.  Just like Wolfie.  There's even that little pink icon over on the side to help you figure that one out. (I know some of you knew this already, but for those who didn't and can't be bothered with using the correct gender...)

That's all for now.  We're never even going to get a majority vote on anyone before the deadline at this rate.

On point 1) Agreed!

And point 2) Mottlee my wholehearted apologies - i confess i didn't even check before posting - something i usually do. I plead tiredness.

At the moment I'm believing Mottlee's claim.  Her story about getting the Coroner role fits - she got it from one of the mod-killed people.  Looking at the mod-killed people I would totally believe Luna Lovegood as Coroner.

Shoot, I've got to get going or I'll never make it to the chiropractor's in time.  I'll continue once I get to work.

To continue...

Mottlee has confirmed Dah'mir's day finderness and the first person to die from Dah's list of three turns out to be scum.  So shouldn't we continue to look at his list?  Individually Aemon and Charis have a 75% chance of being scum.  There is a 56.25% chance that both are scum and 6.25% chance that both are innocent (you asked for the maths Charis...I forget how to calculate the chance that randomly one of the readings is correct no doubt someone can do it for me)

Aemon claimed Roleblocker then Winky which is a perfectly reasonable role/character (Just like Lupin was).  Was it before or after Dah said he might be scum?  I don't have time to look with much RL work looming.  The only person he claimed to have roleblocked was Pank.  I find the choice a bit odd especially considering she is never posting and can't back it up.

Charis claims Viktor Krum, again a perfectly reasonable claim (just like Lupin).  Charis and Mynd seemed to be thinking alike when it came to the mini Nyn bandwagon which has since derailed.  I thought it a strange bandwagon since I didn't find Nyn's posts to be scummy.  She also seems to be thinking like Mynd on Dar and I can't even remember why Dar is supposed to be suspicious.

Okay, I'm out of time so I'll wrap up...

I think [glow=red,2,300]Charis [/glow] seems more suspicious of the two and if the 6.25% chance turns out to be true it sounds like I'd rather lose her role than Aemon's.

(Additionally it occured to me that if Percy Weasley can be non-town alignment then maybe the Viktoe in this game is the one who was Imperiused in the Maze to take out Harry's competitors.

Deadline

Wed June, 9th @ 2pm CST; 32 alive, 17 to lynch

Vote Count

Dar(3): Pete, Charis, Meesh

Charis(3): Wombat, Taei, Jeran

Meesh(1): Tigs

Pete(1): Adella

Aemon(1): Pete

no vote(26): Amadine, Bela, Mottlee, Som1, Krak, Aemon, Nae, Adella, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Pankh, Wolfie, Alanna, Jeran, Danya, Rose, rojano, Crusher, Tayla, Dar, Thorum, Elli, Boopsy, Locke, Lia, Nyn, Marta, Blig Blog

Archived