DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Taei, Rojano, Bela and Pahkuri are the people I have not seen much of in this game. I think bela and taei juat made check in posts and that's it. I would love to vote one of them. The problem is that lynching them gives us absolutely no information and information is what we desperately need right now. I still lean toward Dar because she hasn't come out and told us anything about herself. What ability did you get doubled, Dar?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea at this point what to do about Dah's viewings.  For the last 4 pages I had been ready to vote Mynd because he had still not come straight out and said his role, only hinted at it and said "what he thinks is true" but he quashed that about 10 posts up.  :-\ 

Please elaborate on this.  I am confused why you were ready to vote me until my most recent post, in light of all the other possibilities out there. 

I have no idea at this point what to do about Dah's viewings.  For the last 4 pages I had been ready to vote Mynd because he had still not come straight out and said his role, only hinted at it and said "what he thinks is true" but he quashed that about 10 posts up.  :-\ 

Please elaborate on this.  I am confused why you were ready to vote me until my most recent post, in light of all the other possibilities out there. 

Because of the bolded part mixed with what Dah said. 

Bela has certainly been around and happily posting a lot elsewhere, just not in this game. She is usually more active than this in a game. So it's strange she isn't here. I wish there was a 'if you don't post in one game day you get killed' may make a few more people pop in!

Thanks, Jeran. I completely forgot aboiuut him. Mynd: like I said, I'd be happy to lynch any of the inactives, but where does that takes us for the next lynch? As I'm sure you know, inactives are usually lazy townies. It's not often you chatch scum like that.

Unless that's want they want us to think....

But no, I agree, I'd rather lynch active players with suspicion like Wombat or Daruya.  That can at least give some information even if you're wrong.

My personal take on the last 10 pages or so is that Dah tried to be helpful to the Town (assuming he is who he says he is, and I'm inclined to think so with no counter-claim). But, instead of testing his abilities for a few days to see what his readings were before revealing them, (and keeping a target off his back, mind you), he just spilled it all out.  :P (Tongseng, you goofball!  :-* ) Not wise and in fact, it has given the mafia an opportunity to slip under the radar for a time whilst using Dah's readings as a cover. I trust Mynd will do a thorough examination of the Mynd/Charis bandwagons to see if there are any clues to who the scum were who were so eager to lynch us. 

Considering Dah's readings have been all Anti-Town, I'm assuming he's a paranoid cop. (I think I mentioned this before as did someone else.) And no, Dah - Pete's suggestion to view yourself is not a waste, b/c if you yourself are Town but your reading comes back as Anti-Town then you know that your readings will be off. It makes sense.

I, too, am at a loss as to who to vote for at this point. Pete keeps voting Dar, but I've had him do that to me in a few games and I was as vanilla as ice cream!  >:( So, I would like more evidence.

Also, yea - the inactives make this harder.

I trust Mynd will do a thorough examination of the Mynd/Charis bandwagons to see if there are any clues to who the scum were who were so eager to lynch us. 

I disagree with this comment. As I said earlier, I'd take 75% over 0% any day. Just because some of us might be willing to believe Dah'mir's claim doesn't mean that we're scum. In my opinion, following a finder's viewing is preferable. Why? Because there's just more to go by. 

This whole speculation about Daruya is rather flimsy and based on nothing but wild assumptions. So, pete put his mojo on her and now you're trying to pin the two PR events on her. Even if we had a way to confirm that (which we don't)... and somehow found that to be true..... then what did you prove, really? People have mentioned that in previous Mafia games PRs were given by mafia but also by town people. So, we'd be back in square one.

When it comes to Dah'mir my thought is..... if we lynch one of the people he pointed to us and the person turns out to be mafia, we could possibly have two to three scum peeps given to us on a silver platter. If the person turns out town, we'll think twice before going by his viewing. Of course in the second scenario we still won't know whether Dah'mir is taking us for a ride or not.... but we never will find out unless he:

A. Gets killed over the night

B. We lynch him

C. He points us in the direction of scum

Nyn

I am considering people's idea on viewing myself to see if it comes back anti-town on the next day tho that makes me feel like i'm falling for a mafia's trick so that i dont have to view other people. But yeah, its weird how it came back 3 times with anti-town.

Wow, where do I start with this?  I guess....um...thank you Nynaeve for giving us something new to go on....

I trust Mynd will do a thorough examination of the Mynd/Charis bandwagons to see if there are any clues to who the scum were who were so eager to lynch us. 

I disagree with this comment. As I said earlier, I'd take 75% over 0% any day. Just because some of us might be willing to believe Dah'mir's claim doesn't mean that we're scum. In my opinion, following a finder's viewing is preferable. Why? Because there's just more to go by. 

OK.... To me, this sounds like someone who is already on one of those bandwagons and is getting nervous that we might look in her direction.  Dahmir is not a complete finder in the first place, he's only 75% accurate if he is even telling the truth.  Second of all, he has gotten an anti-town viewing on all three of his choices, none of which have been counter-claimed to their blatant character claims.  All three claim likely town-oriented people.  There is more to go by alright, but not on the three he viewed but rather those who so easily jumped on the Charis or Mynd bandwagon. 

This whole speculation about Daruya is rather flimsy and based on nothing but wild assumptions. So, pete put his mojo on her and now you're trying to pin the two PR events on her. Even if we had a way to confirm that (which we don't)... and somehow found that to be true..... then what did you prove, really? People have mentioned that in previous Mafia games PRs were given by mafia but also by town people. So, we'd be back in square one.

Not necessarily back to square one.  After a re-read on my own PR placement, I have to agree that I am more in line with Talya's PR than I thought.  Pete using his double-trouble power on a suspected killer is beyond even my own risky moves, but two PRs were sent out.  Still, I'm not sure that makes Daruya an anti-town player.  Her agitated postings, however, make me cautious. 

This is where my face hits my palm!

When it comes to Dah'mir my thought is..... if we lynch one of the people he pointed to us and the person turns out to be mafia, we could possibly have two to three scum peeps given to us on a silver platter. If the person turns out town, we'll think twice before going by his viewing. Of course in the second scenario we still won't know whether Dah'mir is taking us for a ride or not.... but we never will find out unless he:

A. Gets killed over the night

B. We lynch him

C. He points us in the direction of scum

You either don't get it or are trying to snowjob us into pushing your bandwagon.  Even if we lynch Charis and she flips mafia, it still doesn't mean the other two are mafia as well.  It is possible that Dah's three readings were in that same 25%. 

Its your three scenarios that really got me.  Are you suggesting we lynch Dahmir?  Suppose he flips exactly who he claims? Then what?  Does that make his viewings any more accurate than he claimed?  You are also suggesting someone nightkill him?  Are you trying to bait a vigilante to target him?  Your first two suggestions are baffling to me.....but not as much as your third.

In what way can he point us in the direction of scum?  If he is telling the truth, he can't even be sure of his own viewings.  If he is a lying liar with pants ablaze, he is not going to point us in the direction of anyone but townies. 

Wanna know what I think?  I suspect that Nyn is trying to manipulate the situation, downplay the sudden return of focus on Daruya, and push for either a Charis, Mynd, AKitten, or Dah'mir.  Typical mafia, downplay the evidence, ignore the facts, and switch focus to try and lead the lambs to the slaughter.

Deadline

Wed June, 9th @ 2pm CST; 36 alive, 19 to lynch

Vote Count

Charis(3):  Wombat, Dah, Nyn

Mynd(3): Dar, Thorum, Elli

Dar(2): Pete, Locke

Wombat(1): Mynd

no vote(33): Meesh, Amadine, Bela, Mottlee, Marta, Som1, Krak, Lia, Aemon, Nae, Adella, Tigs, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Pank, Wolfie, Alanna, Charis, Blig Blog, Jeran, Danya, Rose, rojano, Taei, Crusher, Tayla

Time for some casing....

Dahmir has flip-flopped between myself and Charis, and despite his own doubts about his viewings, has still not removed his vote. Maybe Dahmir doesn't want to remove his vote until he finds a better one?  Maybe he still wants one of these bandwagons to go through.

Wombat - He's already been on my scum list from day one.  Whether or not he and Adella are on a team together, he made a big stink about the Myndwagon and then casually jumped on it, desperately trying to appear like he didn't want to.  Has he added anything to this game other than trying to look innocent?

Nynaeve - Her last post pushed her to near the top of my list.  Like most mafia, she seems to be trying to distract us from other possible issues, ignoring the fact that Dahmir's viewings, if he is even telling the truth, are likely not accurate.  She ignores my claim, Charis' claim, and tries to sell us on listening to Dah'mir even though he might be wrong.  Why is she pushing for this?

Thorum - His own mason teammate who vouched for him called his actions scummy.  She said that if she didn't know better, she'd lynch him.  What is the real nature of Thorum's alignment? What is his win condition? To get lynched? 

Elli - All I can say about this one is that she seems to have ignored everything posted when she cast her vote in my direction.  This smells of a mafia goon blindly following the orders of her teammates.  "Vote Mynd and make up a reason"  OK! I'll say its because he's pinging my radar or something. 

I see at least seven possible options here for lynch.  I'm still not sure about Daruya, but I'm tied with Charis right now and I don't want to start hearing the whole "Well, we gotta get a majority" mess so...

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]  Wombat

[glow=red,2,300]Daruya[/glow]

I am more than happy to remove my vote on Daruya if she can shed some light on what is going on with her doubled power.  I'm also more than happy to return my vote on Wombat if people switch their votes off me and onto him.  I think that Wombat would give us a lot more information than anyone else.  Let's not forget his actions on Day 1.0, nor his lack of contribution to Day 2. 

I'm not claiming that if one of the people that Dah'mir points at is scum it means that the other are as well. I took a probability and statistics course. I know how it goes :P  It would, however, support him as finder if one of his reading turns out be be accurate.

And the three scenarios I listed seem like the only possible way to confirm Dah'mir's role. Seeing as so far I do believe Dah'mir, I obviously won't lynch him or want him night killed by mafia. Which leaves me with the third option, which is the one I chose to follow - voting for Charis.

Now to some more specific comments you've made:

All three claim likely town-oriented people

Yes, because mafia would wave their hands up in the air and fess up :P

Wanna know what I think?  I suspect that Nyn is trying to manipulate the situation, downplay the sudden return of focus on Daruya, and push for either a Charis, Mynd, AKitten, or Dah'mir.   Typical mafia, downplay the evidence, ignore the facts, and switch focus to try and lead the lambs to the slaughter.

What facts? Oh, you mean your proof of Daruya being scummy?

Still, I'm not sure that makes Daruya an anti-town player.  Her agitated postings, however, make me cautious.

Oh yeah... completely... I'm going to go and unvote right now.

Wanna know what I think? I suspect that Mynd is trying to manipulate the situation, downplay the sudden return of focus on Charis and himself and push for Daruya's lynch. Typical mafia downplay the evidence, ignore the facts and switch focus to try and lead the lambs to the slaughter. ;)

Nyn

Just want to say that I really have no idea where the logic in Nyn's post is...  The only thing I really agreed with was that the whole Daruya thing is rather flimsy.  It is, though I wouldn't agree that it's based on wild assumptions.  But I agree that she hasn't really done anything overtly scummy, and that if she is indeed a PR-giver that doesn't make her anti-town.

I still would, like others, like to know who her character is, since she hasn't really been willing to hint at it at all, even.

Mynd, your question to me earlier--unfortunately everyone's just going to have to take my word for this, but I cannot reveal my role without losing it (and letting everyone guess it without an outright reveal damages my role some, too).  At some point in the future I may just do that anyway (assuming I live much longer, that's never certain >.<), but at this point, it would be a bad move, or at the very least wouldn't do anyone any good.

I could very much be wrong about Adella, I know of at least one role out there (I had it once) that would cause me to be wrong, but anyway.  I don't think she's mafia, but I do actually agree that she'd be a good candidate for a lynch, or at least to look at, if I didn't have the information I do.

**edit 2 new posts**

Well, Nyn, Charis was hinting at Viktor before Dah'mir even claimed to have viewed her.  And no one's counter-claimed, something to give some thought to.

And of course Mynd is trying to manipulate the situation, he always does. :D  Doesn't mean he's scum, though. :D

Also, Mynd has suggested a 100% finder view Dah'mir to clear up whether he's even town-aligned or not, so that's as good a suggestion as the suggestion that we lynch one of 3 or 4 uncontested town-aligned claims. If not better.

I am back from my dance recital (no, really, I was at my son's dance recital all weekend, and I danced, so I guess it was my dance recital, too). Going to start the re-read. Again. Can we make it a rule that no 2 people who sign up for a game can have similar names? I've had to start a spreadsheet

I really have no idea what you are talking about, Nyn.  Please clarify, do you want Dahmir to be lynched/killed or not?  Are you completely ignoring the other possible lynches available?  Funny how you would completely deny looking at anyone who was so quick to jump on these bandwagons with such vague claims from Dahmir, and have remained on even after he posted his handicap.

Meesh, I think I read you loud and clear about Adella.  Let's see what she has to say about your comments. Based on her response, we might have a better lynch candidate indeed. 

I could very much be wrong about Adella, I know of at least one role out there (I had it once) that would cause me to be wrong, but anyway.  I don't think she's mafia, but I do actually agree that she'd be a good candidate for a lynch, or at least to look at, if I didn't have the information I do.

Mynd, I think you misunderstood Meesh's post. She is saying that Adella is town. I had to read it again myself just to make sure.

[glow=red,2,300]Nyn[/glow]

And that is not an OMGUS vote. With little to go on about Dar, and the conviction that all who Dah have so far viewed are actually town-aligned (pending more evidence), Nyn's posts are the only ones that have jumped so high on my scumdar thus far. I was about to say exactly what Mynd and Meesh did about Nyn's post. It was super defensive as if I'd pointed directly at her. I found her response to be interesting indeed. Scum backed up against the wall, in fact.

Guys, it's Monday, and it takes 19 to lynch. Deadline is Wednesday, right? Will all the inactives please step up??

Mynd, I think you misunderstood Meesh's post. She is saying that Adella is town. I had to read it again myself just to make sure.

>.<

Sorry, for not being very clear... Aemon is essentially right about what I'm saying.  I meant only that Adella would be high on my suspect list if not for the information I have. Again, I apologize for any confusion caused. >.<

I think I'm going to go along and vote [glow=red,2,300]Nyn[/glow] too.  I am willing to vote for Wombat or Daruya, based on everything that's happened so far, but for now, Nyn is currently the one acting the dirtiest in my eyes.

Okay, first, I'm not really agitated at this game at all except that I spent an hour of my life making what I don't even see as a good case (even though it is better than anything I could get for Charis). I told him I was gonna do it, and I follow through with that kind of stuff.

Also, I have no clue what info Meesh has on me, but seeing as how I know I'm town, I'm gonna go with so is she, with a good role that gives her info on players role/ability. I just read 4 pages and that's all I have to say, which is weird. We all seem to just be repeating ourselves.

Nyn's response is a classic example of the mafia overreacting to being called out.  Her overreaction betrays her own frustration on being caught trying to manipulate the game with a very weak reason.  Mafia don't have to read the threads because they already know who is innocent and who isn't. 

Her post had two distinct purposes: 

1) to bring us back to the WIFOM on Dahmir's semi-finding claim and to try and add validity to it. "Sure, he could be wrong and we might lynch three innocents, but hey, he's the finder!"  She completely ignored the law of probability and assumed that Dahmir is telling the truth.  Her frustration showed when we pointed out the flaws in her logic.  Instead of "hey, i disagree" she became hostile and defensive. 

2) to sway us away from Daruya. It's this second purpose that I find most interesting.  While I am not really understanding how she is likely scum because Pete (allegedly) gave her a double-whammy, it is quite interesting that Nyn did what she could to dismiss the reasons for lynching Daruya, who has also not revealed her character.  I can understand expressing doubt, but the nature of Nyn's post was much more "Don't even bother, we are back to square one."  I'm not sure I agree with that, do you?

I've been tempted to leave my vote on Daruya for the sake of hearing her defense, but Nyn has revealed herself in her most recent actions.  She refuses to reveal and her hostility after failing to convince us to move forward, not to mention her complete disregard for the facts of the past 4-8 pages, lead me to believe that she is Madam Scummy MacScummerson from Scumville, East Scumshire!

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] Daruya

[glow=red,2,300]Vote  Nyn[/glow]

I will not deny that part of my reasoning for this vote is also that Charis, the other player with 3 votes, is voting for her as well.  With both of us voting for the same person, neither one of us is likely to remove our vote for sake of one of us becoming the clear majority.  Why that is still the case in spite of the evidence is beyond me. 

Anyways, yeah that and the points made above!

Archived