DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, crud.  We lost Hagrid.  >:(

Boopsy wasn't pinging on my radar but some of the people voting for him were (and is) though I'm pretty sure the mafia split their votes so they weren't all voting for him.  It's rather early in the game for block votes, I think, even from scum.

And, after my latest skimming re-read, if I'm correctly interpreting the character clues one of our players is dropping, my suspicions are raised pretty high on that particular person.  I just wish I'd caught those potential hints earlier . . .

[Technical question for Mod:  How did the Aurors manage to stun Hagrid with him being half-Giant? Didn't stunning spells bounce off him in the books?]

Guest dragonsworn1991

[glow=purple,2,300]common rooms[/glow]

Now to see what the night brings.

And BAHHHH Luna was one of my favorite characters.

Guest dragonsworn1991

GREAT JOB PEOPLE!!! GREATTT #$*&#^ JOB!!!

*rolls eyes*

You are missing a # or some other thing to cover up an expletive.

And BAHHHH Luna was one of my favorite characters.

You gave her an awesome role in your HP game, I remember.  Too bad practically no one believed her. :D

I think that game was one of my best. I loved it. Mystica was the pink lady, it just played out epically.

40 mins until the Hammer Falls

Deadline

Wed, June 2nd @ 2pm CST; 38 alive, 20 to lynch

Vote Count

Boopsy(11): Aemon, Nyn, Tayla, Jeran, Verbal, Wombat, Som1, Meesh, Dah, Nae, Crusher

Som1(5): Elli, Boopsy, Pete, Mynd, Amadine

Wombat(2): Ausr, Adella

Thorum (2): Taei, Marta

Marta(1): Thorum

Adella(1): Alanna

Rojano(1): Pankhuri

no vote (15): Bela, Mottlee, Krak, Daruya, Lia, Tigs, Pookie, Player, Wolfie, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Rose, Rojano Koujin, Summer

Ok, enough of this spam trying to bury the final Day 1 post-reboot voting totals.  Let's take a closer look at who voted.....and who didn't vote for Boopsy!

Taei and Marta voting for Thorum on Day 1.1.  Wow, really?  Are you that lazy that you can't go back and read what pretty much took up 80% of Day 1.0?  I doubt that either one of you are mafia from the standpoint that your mafia buddies wouldn't let you do that.  Still, please start playing the game for real and make useful pro-town posts or you might find a well-justified Vig kill coming your way.  Threat? No, a warning!

Adella's vote on Wombat is much more curious than Aust's.  She is clearly trying to distance herself from Wombat, so much so that she would rather cast her vote on him than participate in the major argument of the game.  Boopsy is going down and she is more worried about how she looks.  Sounds like a scummy conscience there. 

Aust, on the other hand, seems to see what I am talking about; however, I also find it curious that he goes after Wombat when the major two players in question are Som1Else and Boopsy.  He offers absolutely no thoughts on Boopsy's lynch whatsoever.  Is he reading the same game as us, or does he not care if an innocent like Boopsy is lynched? 

The mafia are laughing at us, BTW.  We lynched Hagrid with little evidence, and we let them push this lynch on him.  Question is, how many of them did it take to get this majority? How many on the bandwagon are mafia?  How many mafia are not on the bandwagon?

Boopsy(11): Aemon, Nyn, Tayla, Jeran, Verbal, Wombat, Som1, Meesh, Dah, Nae, Crusher

Aemon - At least he put up an argument and justified why he kept his post reboot vote on Boopsy.  I'm not as worried about him as others. 

Nyn, Som1, Dah, Nae, and Crusher - All gave very vague and lemming-like reasons for voting Boopsy.  It is a strong likelyhood that at least one of them is scum.  My personal guess is Som1!

Talya, Jeran, and Meesh - Gave a bit more than ambiguous reasons for voting Boopsy, but still, none of them really had much to go on anyway.  There is also such a thing as being TOO wordy in your reasons for voting someone.  Meesh is the biggest culprit of those three in this. 

and finally....VERBAL!  Dude, what have you done with the REAL Verbal32?  You're posts are not that of someone really reading this game.  You finally jump in and make some odd post about people taking this game too seriously and being defensive, when in fact you of all people know that this is MAFIA!  To me, that was a very "LOOK AT ME, IM TOWN" post and for you, pushed you near the top of my list!

I'm torn between Som1Else and Verbal for lynch tomorrow.  If one of them is NK'd tonight, it might make things a bit easier tomorrow for me to decide who to vote for.

More to come...I want to discuss the failed bandwagon on Som1Else....but perhaps after the Night is over.  I have some interesting thoughts. 

I would like to point out that if I HAD voted to lynch Boopsy, whom I did not feel to be scummy for any solid reasons (which turned out to be true ::)) you would be jumping all over that for me instead. Have fun with that Mynd. You have a few valid-seeming points but not much.

I would like to point out that if I HAD voted to lynch Boopsy, whom I did not feel to be scummy for any solid reasons (which turned out to be true ::)) you would be jumping all over that for me instead. Have fun with that Mynd. You have a few valid-seeming points but not much.

Ok, well then do enlighten us....which of my points do you find valid and which do you not?

How did the Aurors manage to stun Hagrid with him being half-Giant? Didn't stunning spells bounce off him in the books?

you are correct, in the book (OoTP) numerous stunning spells were shot at him and bounced off of him.  But my hands are tied artistically so i had to bend the lines a bit and get him out of the game because of the lynch.

with a normal character i wouldn't want 3 stunning spells hitting them at the same time; i thought that maybe with 3 hitting him at once in the forhead wouldn't stupify him but merely knock him unconcious.  afterall, he is only Half Giant and when 3 stunning spells hit Minerva that same night, she had to go to St. Mungos for a spell reversal and was out of commission for a rather long time (about 1 or 2 months if i rememebr correctly)

glad to see your paying attention to the scenes though, as well as being on the up & up on the book facts

*red's eyes twinkle mischeifly as she chuckles*

Deadline

Friday, June 4th @ 2pm CST or when all Night Actions have been recieved

Vote

Great Hall - 17

Commonrooms - 1

Well, your summation of why people voted how they did all looks like it could be true. But, knowing that you've got me figured totally wrong, could just signal that you are twisting people's words to how you want them to sound. It's something that every skilled mafia player knows how to do without making it look like it's happening.

I personally am going to go back and look at people's arguments on my own, rather than taking your word for that being what they said. Trust if fickle my dear Mynd, and even more so in mafia.

Well, your summation of why people voted how they did all looks like it could be true. But, knowing that you've got me figured totally wrong, could just signal that you are twisting people's words to how you want them to sound. It's something that every skilled mafia player knows how to do without making it look like it's happening.

I personally am going to go back and look at people's arguments on my own, rather than taking your word for that being what they said. Trust if fickle my dear Mynd, and even more so in mafia.

Hmmm, wanna try again...this time being specific?  Or were you just making a general statement about my post because you didn't actually read anything but the part about you?

Is it sad that I don't even remember what I typed? :P

I don't think I was too wordy in my reasons, it wasn't like that post I made when I voted for you, Mynd.  All I really said about Boopsy was "I think he's more likely to be scum, so I might as well vote for him."  The rest of my post was A) Trying to decide who to vote for (my options, all pretty equally weighted for me, were Boopsy, Som1, and not voting, because I didn't really feel all that strongly about anyone) and B) getting worked up about my pet peeve.

However, I will admit that I have never succeeded in being a squizzle of few words, so even when I think I'm being succinct I'm usually talking someone's ear off.

So you may be right.  Maybe I should just stick to one word vote posts if I can't keep my posts under one paragraph.  At least I won't be too wordy!

Seriously, I'm irritated at that comment of yours, Mynd--ha, nothing personal, it's a mafia game, I know, but I've grown up with people telling me I talk too much (one girl in elementary school told me on the bus, one week after we'd met, "Meesha, you talk too much" and then she turned around and ignored me), so when people STILL feel the need to point it out, my reaction is "WOW, you really think I don't know that already?  Tell me something I don't know, please, I'm sick of hearing it."  I'm pretty sure everyone who knows me more than just passingly knows that I talk too much, okay?  Please don't bring it up again.  If I start acting really scummy, or if I'm alive close to endgame and the scumhunting isn't going so well, THEN you can start taking a look at everything, EVEN how much I type when I post.  But until then, can you only say things about me that actually matter to the game?

Ooops.  There I go again, and for no real reason. ::)

[/irritated]

The mafia doth protest too much.  ;)

You are either for the town or against us.  If you are going to post a ginormous amount of info, then please make it substantial.  You are far too skilled a player to drop text-vomit on the thread.  Keep in mind that even spam and marathon posts are also mafia techniques. 

Also, I mentioned a lot of people in that thread, but only you and Adella seemed to focus only on the parts about you and not about the other, perhaps more glaring issues I addressed.  If that doesn't scream scum, then I don't know what does. 

The mafia doth protest too much.  ;)

You are either for the town or against us.  If you are going to post a ginormous amount of info, then please make it substantial.  You are far too skilled a player to drop text-vomit on the thread.  Keep in mind that even spam and marathon posts are also mafia techniques. 

Also, I mentioned a lot of people in that thread, but only you and Adella seemed to focus only on the parts about you and not about the other, perhaps more glaring issues I addressed.  If that doesn't scream scum, then I don't know what does. 

Mynd, I am only a skilled mafia player when I'm actually mafia.  I suck at FINDING mafia.  I am willing to admit that.

I still try, but just don't accuse me of being a skilled player, it makes me feel worse when I screw something up.

Okay, okay, I'll stop my pity party.  I'm just depressed tonight and I'm not even bothering to hide it, sorry.

Mynd, also, Adella and I are the only ones who have posted after you so far (except Red, but she's the mod).  Saying we're the only ones to do anything is kind of silly, because we're the only ones period.

Okay, my thoughts on other things.  Honestly?  Dah to me seems scummy, I kind of feel like Talya might be too, but Dah seemed scummy to me in the only other game I've played with him, excessively so, and he was innocent, so it seems more like a playstyle difference to me and I guess I've been giving my thoughts on him less weight because of that.  I'm keeping track of Talya, though.

And that's all I have at the moment, other than keeping an eye on Daruya.

I don't feel the need to comment on Taei and Marta because anything I can say has been said already.

Okay, and with Som1, I decided not to vote for him because of the character hints he's been dropping, while he's not really contributing much and in the end would likely have been a better lynch, at the time I thought because of who I think he's hinting at he wouldn't have been scum, whereas Boopsy could have gone either way (hindsight is much clearer than sight is in the moment).  So maybe Som1 would be a better lynch after all, for tomorrow, but right now I still think he's actually not scum.

[glow=purple,2,300]Common Rooms[/glow]

Last time I tried to be contrary on one of these things I ended up killed by an ornery willow tree.  There aren't any of those at Hogwarts, right?

Oh.

Archived