DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Pandy thread

ed2funy

This thread is dedicated to Pandy and all that he is, in his Pandaness.

;D

Because I love him.

Did you now, the Chinese believe if you find a Panda tooth, you can summon Godzilla?

Enjoy.

That is all for now....:)

Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck was a Dutch composer, organist, and pedagogue whose work straddled the end of the Renaissance and beginning of the Baroque eras. He was among the first major keyboard composers of Europe, and his work as a teacher helped establish the north German organ tradition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVnVhX-JthA

OR

Jean-Baptiste de Lully (28 November 1632 – 22 March 1687) was an Italian composer who spent most of his life working in the court of Louis XIV of France. He became a French subject in 1661.

August Carl Ditters von Dittersdorf (November 2, 1739 – October 24, 1799) was an Austrian composer and violinist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGK99aNggkI&feature=related

heh.....good music. This iz what you study? o_0

• Club Leader

I have noticed a distinct lack of tribute being paid to our illustrious org leader (I’m sorry,but SGSG is just weird. It’s an org!) and have done my humble best to make up for it. Sadly, I'm not terribly talented at groveling. It just doesn't come naturally, although with practice I may master it, or at least improve. I shall continue to try. I'm glad to see that you, Ed, to whom it does come naturally, are beginning to pay tribute. Pandy deserves it. And, well, so do you.  ;)

So, Pandy, for you I saved part of a conversation I had with an Aussie.. I thought you might get a kick out of it really :D

"Shipping stuff to Oz is prolly REALLY spendy... I mean, they have to make the tornado and everything, drop the house on that poor old lady again... expensive stuff that is...."

*bows and backs away carefully*

A worthy and intriguing offering indeed, Adella. Have a few points for amusing me.

Ed, yes, I study that sort of thing. I enjoyed the first video the most as it was an exuberant and individual performance with many improvised embellishings of the score - including the rather startling sharpened fourth - fifth device in the coda, which is a massive deviation from (or rather, addition to) the score. Very interesting. Have 30,000 points.

The Lully was also interesting. I would have expected more of the lilting style of the notes inegales used in the French style of the period, and I'm wondering why this performance didn't use them so much.

A worthy and intriguing offering indeed, Adella. Have a few points for amusing me.

Ed, yes, I study that sort of thing. I enjoyed the first video the most as it was an exuberant and individual performance with many improvised embellishings of the score - including the rather startling sharpened fourth - fifth device in the coda, which is a massive deviation from (or rather, addition to) the score. Very interesting. Have 30,000 points.

The Lully was also interesting. I would have expected more of the lilting style of the notes inegales used in the French style of the period, and I'm wondering why this performance didn't use them so much.

I am going to pretend I understand what you said just to keep the 30,000 points....

>_>

All I understood was "the music sounded good, expect I wanted the second one to be better"....

>.<

Archived