DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tor Confirms ToM Release for the 26th of October

Luckers

I've thought about "The Way of Kings" and how I feel about even starting it, and I'm concerned for multiple reasons.

First off, I love everything of Brandon Sanderson's that I've read, and I recently purchased the paperback edition of "Warbreaker" (which I read for free from his website last year), specifically because it had the prologue to tWoK and I felt like I owed BS for releasing the book for free in the first place.

I couldn't even bring myself to get past the second page of the prologue of tWoK.  Not because it wasn't good, but because I knew already that he has said it is a 10 book series!  AND he's said he won't be solely working on it for the next 10+ years, but that he'll be releasing it slowly and releasing other standalone books and stuff between each Stormlight Archive release!  This means it will likely take 15-20 years MINIMUM before that series is over.  I just spent the last 15 years waiting for WoT.  I don't know if I can handle that again!

So, I think I'm with you LTArmstrong1 (though this will likely change once I hear more feedback from SA fans).  I think I'm not going to start another epic fantasy series until WoT is totally finished. 

Well, I would be willing to wait longer, but I'm really happy about this release date. Hope The Way of Kings is out around then, too. Nothing like getting a couple good books to read around my birthday muahahahah.

The Way of Kings will be out in August.

Excellent. Most excellent. I expected earlier, but I wasn't sure if they would be rushing WoT or not. Mmm I must slow down my reading and try to stretch that book into three months... or re-read A Song of Ice and Fire and hope Dance is out shortly.

I'm looking forward to WoK and TOM both, mistborn, Elantris and Warbreaker were very good.  I have Alcatraz but waiting to listen to see if Audible gets the other books.  Doesn't matter to me how long SA takes as long as it's eventually finished.  I'll do other stuff while I wait.

P.S.  I want Moraine back

Awesome. I get married on the 23rd and leave for my honeymoon on the 25th. So unless I can get an early copy, like I was lucky enough to do with The Gathering Storm, I'll be waiting till the 31st to read it. Or I can get the ebook on my Ipad and read it  while on the trip. The future wife reads the series. She'll understand, right? Right?

On second thought, I'll be picking this one up  when I get home if I don't luck out with an advanced copy again.

I now have schizophrenia over this.

I don't want to get my hopes up about this yet, as it hasn't been written.

But another part of me just did a search on Google for "Towers of Midnight Robert Jordan Sample Chapters".

Despite the fact it hasn't even been written yet.

This has officially taken my relationship with books to a new level.

Edit: fixed spelling

Awesome. I get married on the 23rd and leave for my honeymoon on the 25th. So unless I can get an early copy, like I was lucky enough to do with The Gathering Storm, I'll be waiting till the 31st to read it. Or I can get the ebook on my Ipad and read it  while on the trip. The future wife reads the series. She'll understand, right? Right?

On second thought, I'll be picking this one up  when I get home if I don't luck out with an advanced copy again.

Simple solution...just buy two copies on the 26th.

• 5 weeks later...

Simple solution...just buy two copies on the 26th.

It just occured to me, the new Nov 2nd release date solves your problem :).

i think that the problem with GRRM is, when (if) he releases Dance with dragons, he still has to prepare and write 3 more books (if he stop splitting his tomes).

Cmon, 5 years to a book, 3 to go .... just as well we can give up on him. Maybe when i retire i'll be able to pick it up and read (if GRRM is still alive)

So many ifs.

=/

Archived