DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tor Confirms ToM Release for the 26th of October

Luckers

Groan.

There should be some system that forces publishers not to mention release dates until the final draft manuscript is handed in and ready to go. Brandon has already said his deadline is mid-August, and if he hands in the book before then it will be out in October or November 2010, and if it is later the book will be held back until Spring 2011. This deadline counter is therefore meaningless until we know if Brandon has delivered in time (although indications are positive at this time).

The last time I got this wrapped up in a series, the author just QUIT writing it...

and now the author dies...

Although I am waiting with baited breath, I am prepping myself for doom and despair.

On a related note - didn't BS say that the last "bit" was already almost finished by the time RJ gave it to him?  I wonder if there might be a possibility of getting the last book early...  (okay, not COMPLETE doom and gloom...)

Since none of you people are willing to be happy for the moment, I will be.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I can't wait.

Amen to that!  So good to have a book a year *thinks of the lag after KoD*   ;D

I'm happy! Think about it. Tor wouldn't establish a release date if it wasn't reasonably confident that Brandon would meet it. No publishing house wants to look bad with one of its flagship titles.

I'm happy! Think about it. Tor wouldn't establish a release date if it wasn't reasonably confident that Brandon would meet it. No publishing house wants to look bad with one of its flagship titles.

I believe too! but like someone already mentioned A Dance With Dragons was supposed to come out 2006. Still isn't out. Im not saying anything like this will happen but noone know when or where WRITER"S BLOCK will strike.

The next Bella scene might give BS writer's block and delay us 6 months :[

I believe too! but like someone already mentioned A Dance With Dragons was supposed to come out 2006. Still isn't out. Im not saying anything like this will happen but noone know when or where WRITER"S BLOCK will strike.

The next Bella scene might give BS writer's block and delay us 6 months :[

A Dance with what? I seem to remember something about crows feasting...can't remember for the life of me when I bought that. Or where it is.

Ok, point made. But I have trust in Brandon's work ethic more than someone who claims to live in my state (they don't call it Land of Enchantment for nothing!)

GRRM is more enthused about selling worthless/meaningless trading cards and pulp than trying to figure out how his story ends and actually writing something worth reading instead of putting his name on stuff by less well known but more hungry writers who he "honors" by inviting them to belly up to the Wild Cards trough....

Well, I would be willing to wait longer, but I'm really happy about this release date. Hope The Way of Kings is out around then, too. Nothing like getting a couple good books to read around my birthday muahahahah.

Thanks for that - marked on the calendar. If they need more time...so be it. I'm glad it appears we're back to the 1 book/year fall release schedule. Been reading this series for almost 20 years, much as I love it I kind of want some kind of resolution.

I'm very happy that they're giving us such an optimistic date for ToM's release, but if AMOL comes out within a year after ToM I'll be extremely surprised no matter what Brandon or Tor claims at this time.  Even if he didn't have his own books to write, edit, and release concurrently.

Well, I'm very excited about this, and I hope to be able to go to the Provo midnight release party (was a blast last year).  I love the series too, as has been stated, but I'm just ready for resolution so that I can move on.  I mean, I'll still reread the series every decade or so, but I just want it over so I can move on with my life (it's been almost 15 years for me). 

I think AMOL will be more on schedule that TOM was/is simply because, as far as I know, BS isn't releasing a "stand alone" book of his own next year like he did with Way of Kings this year.  I could be wrong about that, but I'm guessing after the TOM release and signings and everything, BS will be hard at work on AMOL and nothing else until it is finished.

Does anybody know if he intends to release anything else next year besides AMOL?

Well, I would be willing to wait longer, but I'm really happy about this release date. Hope The Way of Kings is out around then, too. Nothing like getting a couple good books to read around my birthday muahahahah.

The Way of Kings will be out in August.

Archived