DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

What the flip!? Two times in a row I posted something and it didn't show! Friggin work computer.

All I'm sayin, is that anyone jumps off the lynch I'm watching you the rest of the game. Wayyyyy to "coincidental" for AJ to pop up, what, one vote away from a lynch? He's called out in some kind of connection and trying to back pedal. Lets just finish this.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the way you just zero in on me there, hot shot. Care to clarify what I am being stupid about, or should I just guess?

I was saying that you would vote for Mynd regardless of my alignment tomorrow. Since I will die, I think this is a hammer game, and I will flip innocent (Though I'm willing to try and get saved). If I am innocent I would like you to think him innocent as well Aemon. Sure he could be scum trying to go against a lynch to appear innocent tommorrow but it doesn't seem that way. It is something Wombat would do but I don't think Mynd would do.

Err... sorry for calling it stupid Aemon. I was still a little annoyed with all the spam and having to read through it to come upon myself being hammered. My appologies.

Deadline is only three hours from now. I'm willing to unvote if you give more reason than 'I wanna say something tomorrow, by which time you'll all have forgotten it'.

At least for your absence

I'm working on it. It is 1:15am here and I wake up at 5:30am for work. I don't have a ton of time and wading through all of this has been tedious. I'm working on posting more explanations if you'll only wait a few minutes for me to type them. I want to cram in as much as possible so I'll start with the relevant stuff and work to the more complicated stuff.

Nice how a post comes out after he is linked with the longest running post in history and is connected with them. He is scum. Someone finish it.

Fine I'll try a tactic most of you will believe then. On my honor and on how I like Crystal I am a townie. I am town. Now would you care to elaborate on that statement because it is a little scummy and will appear more so in a few hours.

What the flip!? Two times in a row I posted something and it didn't show! Friggin work computer.

All I'm sayin, is that anyone jumps off the lynch I'm watching you the rest of the game. Wayyyyy to "coincidental" for AJ to pop up, what, one vote away from a lynch? He's called out in some kind of connection and trying to back pedal. Lets just finish this.

Actually Millon I'm 2 votes over being hammered. I have 17 votes and it takes 15 to lynch, so I'm a dead man typing. I am a townie whether you like it or not. Now to go and post suspicions and casing a few people, actually I won't get to casing people.

Aemon, if Mynd and I were a scum team, why would we risk revealing ourselves on day one just to lynch Ed?  The only ways your theory of Mynd and me being scum makes sense is if you think one of us is a dayrolefinder and hit a power role on the first try, or if you think we are pretty much going all-in to try to save our teammate Al Jenn (who if we were scum, I would have been castigating on the QT since the very beginning of the game).  In both of those cases, the coroner's report on Al Jenn would mean quite a bit.  If he doesn't flip power role or scum, then your theory is completely shot (as opposed to being possible but still absurd if AJ does flip scum or power role).  The absurdity of your post suggests a lack of thought.  If you are town, then you need to step up your game.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, I don't think asking Ed to out innocents right now is a good idea, but I also think Ed is lying through his teeth with this semi-mason claim.

EDIT: Oh look Al Jenn is claiming vanilla townie with a twist.  Interesting.  Not sure if I believe it though.  I agree with you about the reason for your lynch being ridiculous Al Jenn, but right now I don't think there is much to be done about it.  You really should have spoken up earlier if you wanted to stop the lynch.  Why so hostile Aemon and Millon?

Okay, in order to speed things along. I [glow=red,2,300]unvote WWWwombat[/glow] and [glow=red,2,300]vote Al Jenn[/glow].

I hate to say this but Ed...I looks like you might have some

scum there on the bottom of your boots. And Mynd is playing a

instigator. Is there also a third party hiding in the weeds that

we should be concerning ourselves with?  

Sorry about that, not a good skimmer and must have missed a vote count and am at work so it's hard to read through alot of stuff hehe. I threw an idea that came into my head about a HUGE ampunt of nonsense bickering that could almost have successfuly kept you from being lynched and forcing a mod kill. When it seemed IMO that a lynch on you was nearly inevitable, Mynd jumped on board. And now, we are hours away from a lynch on you and you all of a sudden pop up? Any kind of post, within the past couple of days would have changed my opinion completely. You are the master debater are you not, lol, expected just a little more of a defense from you.

Ok Talya's on and will kill me soon. So I'll leave you with this advice.

Don't do what I did this is what it gets you:

InCaseofFire.jpg

And town remember Teamwork!

width=600 height=480http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/Daviddezwaan/166.jpg[/img]

Edit: 18 votes out of 15 votes.

Wombat I think you're right there is nothing to really do now. I was going to try the lurking theory either way in this game *shrugs* however I should have jumped on what I read when I skimmed over this topic. However I had read only like 4-5 people had voted for me so it didn't seem that bad at the time. Work has kept me pretty busy, I've had a few after hour calls for UXO's... mortars on the island. O'well I would have like to stay alive but keeping up with a game this big would have annoyed me to much since I do read everything, especially before posting. I'm sorry but this thread has just grown to fast. It is a scum tactic so people won't reread the thread. However again I reiterate that I don't think Mynd is scum.

Millon, if you think my timing and posting is suspicious just look at my posting activity. I don't think you will find it that suspicious anymore. I just haven't been on that much. And when I am on it is around 3 hours ago when I should be going to sleep.

Edit 2: No Millon you and a few others are nailing my coffin shut and making sure I do get lynched. I just think it is something scum would do if people do think I am innocent. Which having read the thread they generally do they are just voting for me out of convenience.

Thorkin, Ed, whoever else I said earlier, and possibly Millon/Aemon. Keep an eye on them. Especially Aemon. He has played enough with me to metagame about me lying. I might twist words like a top but... yeah.

*Is surprised to see Al Jenn posting*

Dont know where you've been hiding, but I think after 20 pgs+ we've pretty much got our minds made up, Al. I dont know why you're pinging me as scum when my vote for you was in my sign in post just like a lot of others. (I've said this before. Hate having to repeat myself, but I guess it's necessary when their are so many friggin pgs to read and posts are easily overlooked.  ::) ) I simply chose not to change my vote due to lack of sufficient evidence -- esp your own lack of voice in the matter. I'm not easily swayed by the speculation of others, but I may have changed my mind if you'd presented any kind of defense. My vote could've gone to someone else and I'd have done the same thing. I think you're reacting at the eleventh hour. If you flip innocent, then we'll regret it. If you flip scum - as I think a lot of us suspect - then no harm done.

EDIT:: Whatever image you posted, Al, I cant see it. Blocked at work.

Well, I now believe you are town, Al.

Right, Wombat, because it's absolutely unheard of for teammates to support each other. Looks like Al is going to get lynched no matter what.

Aemon, if Mynd and I were a scum team, why would we risk revealing ourselves on day one just to lynch Ed? The only ways your theory of Mynd and me being scum makes sense is if you think one of us is a dayrolefinder and hit a power role on the first try, or if you think we are pretty much going all-in to try to save our teammate Al Jenn (who if we were scum, I would have been castigating on the QT since the very beginning of the game).  In both of those cases, the coroner's report on Al Jenn would mean quite a bit.  If he doesn't flip power role or scum, then your theory is completely shot (as opposed to being possible but still absurd if AJ does flip scum or power role).  The absurdity of your post suggests a lack of thought.  If you are town, then you need to step up your game.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, I don't think asking Ed to out innocents right now is a good idea, but I also think Ed is lying through his teeth with this semi-mason claim.

EDIT: Oh look Al Jenn is claiming vanilla townie with a twist.  Interesting.  Not sure if I believe it though.  I agree with you about the reason for your lynch being ridiculous Al Jenn, but right now I don't think there is much to be done about it.  You really should have spoken up earlier if you wanted to stop the lynch.  Why so hostile Aemon and Millon?

I've bolded the part I'd like to address. Other ways you can both be scum: We have 28 players in the game. To me, that means two groups of bad guys and at least 1 solo winner. You could both be on the same team and playing the "why would we do that if we were scum" routine. You could be on seperate scum teams and just taking advantage of Mynd's accusations to get rid of a perceptive player (you've played in enough games with Ed to know that even through the spam he is good at finding scum). You could be doing the same, but as a solo winner instead of another mafia. I see many, many ways my theory works. You know all of these reasons as well. Why so defensive when I want to go after Mynd, Wombat? Am I making you nervous?

Day 1 Vote:

Al Jenn: (18) Aemon Locke TMD Charis Dragon MCS Millon Som1 Meesh Mynd Wombat Locke Player

Tigs Lia Led Efrit Thorum Elli Thorkin

Som1else: (2) Locke Pookie Amadine

Mynd: (1) Al Jenn Led Thorum Marta Dragon Elli

Ed: (1) Mynd Wombat Efrit Lia Al Jenn

Marta: (2) Meesh David H TMD

Thorum: (1) Adella

Thorkin: (1) Marta

Wombat: (0) Lia Thorkin

Dragon: (0) Mynd TMD

Amadine: (0) Marta Millon

Locke: (0) Meesh

Adella: (0) Player

Pookie: (0) Locke

Thorum: (0) Dragon

Not voting: Ed Talm Bliggy

Whilst you gather at the two paths the arguing on who to lynch heats up. At least now, they were realising that they have to lynch someone and soon. They can't move on from the point they were at until a lynch had occured. Eventually Al Jenn was the fore runner in the votes, until he had more than the majority. After being silence for a while, he tried to proclaim his innocence, but now they just weren't listening. Sam pulled some rope from his pack and before Al Jenn knew it he was grabbed, the rope tied around his neck as he was lifted up. Once the rope was in position he was dropped allowing the rope to tighten forcefully and quickly round his neck. It was over.

AL JENN  - EOMER Has been lynched

It is not yet night. You can still vote on the path you wish to take until 8pm tonight (GMT) that is just over two hours from now. You do not have to vote, but if you do it will [glow=blue,2,300]LEFT[/glow] or [glow=blue,2,300]RIGHT[/glow]

Bah, had to erase my post. *Sighs* Well Talya posted what I was hinting at and my casing will have to go to the winds.

The pictures were just some funny motivational pictures.

Good luck town, remember my opinions about people please!

All right. Had to read up on Eomer. We may also have his sister in here, in which case we may see either another death before the day is done or some other effect on a player. Theoden and Wormwood are probably around here as well. Just throwing out ideas about what we might encounter.

I believe you mean Gríma Wormtongue.  Funny that you should get his name wrong after looking up Éomer when the first three articles I found on Éomer via google mentioned Gríma Wormtongue quite early on.  Early enough to be caught by even someone who is skimming in my opinion.  I think you are faking ignorance.

LOL. The funny thing is that I was going to change it to wormtoungue and thought "no, that just looks wierd". Why would anyone fake ignorance of the name and give what they did and what the alignment would be? I read the first sentence of the wiki and it jogged my memory on Eomer. Sorry I didn't write a book report for you, Wombat.

damndamndamndamndamn!!!!!!!!!! I finally think I'm onto somethin' and this is what I get! I was barely active in my first game and now I'm part of lessening one of our numbers. If this wasn't a flippin PG13 Site!! FLIPPIN" DAMN!!

LOL. The funny thing is that I was going to change it to wormtoungue and thought "no, that just looks wierd". Why would anyone fake ignorance of the name and give what they did and what the alignment would be? I read the first sentence of the wiki and it jogged my memory on Eomer. Sorry I didn't write a book report for you, Wombat.

You gave nothing that wasn't obvious to anyone who read the novel, watched the movies, or even googled Éomer.  Why would you feign ignorance?  Perhaps you are Wormtongue and it was a ploy to make us think you are not because obviously no one who received a role PM for Gríma Wormtongue would call the character Wormwood, right?

Edit:  Really, Millon?

I'm not sure what Ordeith had to do with anything ( ;)) but I did say earlier that I didn't think Al was scum and we should look at some of the people really pushing it. I'm not even sure what the direction voting is for either but [glow=blue,2,300]RIGHT[/glow] I guess.

Well, I now believe you are town, Al.

Right, Wombat, because it's absolutely unheard of for teammates to support each other. Looks like Al is going to get lynched no matter what.

Aemon, if Mynd and I were a scum team, why would we risk revealing ourselves on day one just to lynch Ed? The only ways your theory of Mynd and me being scum makes sense is if you think one of us is a dayrolefinder and hit a power role on the first try, or if you think we are pretty much going all-in to try to save our teammate Al Jenn (who if we were scum, I would have been castigating on the QT since the very beginning of the game).  In both of those cases, the coroner's report on Al Jenn would mean quite a bit.  If he doesn't flip power role or scum, then your theory is completely shot (as opposed to being possible but still absurd if AJ does flip scum or power role).  The absurdity of your post suggests a lack of thought.  If you are town, then you need to step up your game.

I've bolded the part I'd like to address. Other ways you can both be scum: We have 28 players in the game. To me, that means two groups of bad guys and at least 1 solo winner. You could both be on the same team and playing the "why would we do that if we were scum" routine. You could be on seperate scum teams and just taking advantage of Mynd's accusations to get rid of a perceptive player (you've played in enough games with Ed to know that even through the spam he is good at finding scum). You could be doing the same, but as a solo winner instead of another mafia. I see many, many ways my theory works. You know all of these reasons as well. Why so defensive when I want to go after Mynd, Wombat? Am I making you nervous?

Also, since I forgot to address this:

I think it is likely that there is one big baddie group as in LotR pretty much every organized bad guy is at the beck and call of Sauron.  I suppose there could be two groups that don't know each other but still win together, but what I really don't see is something like two mafia families or a mafia and a cult.  Furthermore, if I were scum, I would find Ed to be a godsend rather than a threat right now and would want to keep him around.  He is playing really anti-town no matter how you slice it.

You can't all decide which way you should go. So some start off down the Left path and some down the right. There are a few however that do not know which way to go and stay glues to the spot.

The right path seems to venture out of the woods. You feel like it will at least give you a little more light before it fades completely, but as you come to the crest of the hill the path goes back down into the forest. Deeper and deeper you go, the path is hardly visible and it feels as though you are going round and round, you don't seem to know where you are. Then the path runs out, only the roots of old trees lie before you. You step over then trying to find your way back onto the path, but you can't seem to find it. You are sure that the roots have moved. There is a creaking sound, and someone shouts, before long you realise you ankles have been in twinned round with vines. The roots move and you feel yourself falling into the holes, the roots closing in around you, it gets hot and clammy, you are struggling to breathe. You continue to shout, but now a harsh rasping comes out. Darkness folds in on you.

You the world slipping away when it's easier to breathe again, you hear voices now, but cannot speak, trying to gasps for the fresh air that hits your lungs. You look up to find those that had taken the left path. There is a strange man with them, he is talking to the trees. An off sort of fellow. Your companions all lie on the ground at the foot of the trees. Slowly they begin to move and also look up, all but one that is. They do not seem to move at all. Cold grips your heart as you watch the others surround them, trying to wake them up, but you know in heart that it is too late. They didn't make it.

WOMBAT - EOWYN has been killed by the Old Willow Tree

You all follow this, Tom, to the edge of the wood, where in the clearing is a welcoming house. You suddenly feel really tired. Once settled inside you realise that those that didn't take either path are left in woods.

It is now Night.

You have until Sunday 9th May 4pm GMT to hand in your night actions. If I get them all early then I will end night early!

Archived