DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nominate Your Piece of Soundtrack Music for "It's A Knockout"!!!

Corki

The Band of the Red Hand is taking a two month break from our search for our "Dream Band". And as a result, we will be focusing on Soundtrack Music for April. This thread allows you to nominate your favourite piece of Soundtrack music to enter into the "It's A Knockout" contest to win the title of the Band's and DM's Favourite Piece of Soundtrack Music. And below is what you need to do!

Between now and WEDNESDAY 14TH APRIL 2010 FRIDAY 16TH APRIL 2010, nominate the piece of music you want to see try and win the contest. Follow the simple proforma below to get a nomination in. Name the piece of soundtrack music, explain why you have nominated it, and provide a YouTube clip (or similar) of the piece.

[u][b]Piece of Music:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]Reason for Nomination:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]YouTube (or similar link):[/b][/u] 

You can nominate more than one piece. Any nomination that is seconded, i.e. Krak suggests Piece X and Farcrie agrees with the nomination, automatically qualifies for a place in the "It's A Knockout" contest. Otherwise, it will be done on a first come, first served basis. If there are any gaps at the end of the nomination period, I will fill in the gaps.

PLEASE NOTE: I am looking for a minimum of 8 nominations, and a maximum of 16.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

EDIT from Jea: And again, proofread! END EDIT

EDIT from Jea: And again, proofread! END EDIT

;D

And just keeping you on your toes!

Nominated Tracks

Seconded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

1. Into the West from Lord of the Rings(Annie Lennox/Howard Shore)

2. The Coronation from Stardust (Ilan Eshkeri)

3. Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter (John Williams)

4. The Battle from Gladiator (Hans Zimmer)

5. Main theme from Jurassic Park (John Williams)

6. Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

7. The Blood of Cuchulainn from Boondock Saints (Mychael Danna)

8. May it Be from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

9. Riders of Rohan from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

10. The Imperial March from Star Wars (John Williams)

11. Ouverture from Le Grand Bleu (Eric Serra)

12. Duel of Fates from Star Wars (John Williams)

13. Binary Sunset from Star Wars (John Williams)

14. Ederlezi from Les temps des Gitans (Goran Bregovic)

15. Destruction of Home Tree from Avatar (James Horner)

16. The Medallion Calls from Pirates of the Caribbean (Hans Zimmer?)

Nominated

1. Now We Are Free from Gladiator (Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerard)

2. Main Title from Last of the Mohicans (Trevor Jones/Randy Edelman)

3. The Way of the Sword from The Last Samurai (Hans Zimmer)

4. Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

5. Vargsången (The Wolf Song) from Ronja Rövardotter (Björn Isfält and Astrid Lindgren)

6. For the Love of a Princess from Braveheart (James Horner)

7. The Call from The Chronicles of Narnia (Regina Spektor)

8. Laundry Day from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (Joss Whedon)

9. Say it to Me Now from Once (Glen Hansard)

Added by Corki

YAY!!!! ;D someone will have to check the you tube links as my internet is crap :D

1. Piece of Music: Into the West, by Annie Lennox/Howard Shore from LOTR

Reason for Nomination: because its a stunning piece of music and won an academy award in 2004 and really ends the trilogy well

YouTube (or similar link):

2. Piece of Music: Destruction of Home Tree, by James Horner from Avatar

Reason for Nomination: This is a really emotional piece of music, and the scene it accompanies has occurred hundreds of times in the past and will continue to occur into the future, trust me, im a geologist.

3. Piece of Music: The Battle, by Hans Zimmer, from Gladiator

Reason for Nomination: what a way to open a film!! this bit of music tells you from the start who the victors are and really shows off the glory and adrenalin which comes from a full cavalry charge...it has been used in so many documentaries and commercials, its got to be one of the best bits of soundtrack music out there

4. Piece of Music: Main theme, by John Williams, from Jurassic Park

Reason for Nomination: This bit of music always makes me smile...its triumphant and dramatic and is instantly recognisable.

5. Piece of Music: Main Title, by Trevor Jones/Randy Edelman from Last of the Mohicans

Reason for Nomination: listen to it. enough said.

YouTube (or similar link): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN9Ace1pukY

6. Piece of Music: The Way of the Sword, by Hans Zimmer, from The Last Samurai

Reason for Nomination: This music is sad and completely moving and dramatic at the same time. It captures so many things and can be applied to so many different scenes, for me, it is something i can listen to over and over again.

7. Piece of Music: The Coronation, by Ilan Eshkeri from Stardust

Reason for Nomination: this has all my favourite bits of the stardist score in it and captures the main mood of the film really well

you know what, im just going to list the other soundtracks i would nominate...tbh, for the specific bits of music from each soundtrack i tried to get a  bit which represented all of it, but im nominating the entire soundtrack for the majority of cases both above and below:

- Braveheart

- Chariots of Fire

- Kingdom of Heaven

- Titanic

- Pirates of the Caribbean (for hilarity..)

- Troy - as its so different to anything else...

there are ALOT of others...but im moving onto the other thread now :D

YAY!!!! ;D someone will have to check the you tube links as my internet is crap :D

1. Piece of Music: Into the West, by Annie Lennox/Howard Shore from LOTR

Reason for Nomination: because its a stunning piece of music and won an academy award in 2004 and really ends the trilogy well

7. Piece of Music: The Coronation, by Ilan Eshkeri from Stardust

Reason for Nomination: this has all my favourite bits of the stardist score in it and captures the main mood of the film really well

I second both of these.  That Stardust track is incredible and I agree with what you said.  Annie Lennox on into the west just blows my mind every time.  It's so inspired!

Piece of Music: The Medallion Calls

Reason for Nomination: This song epitomizes courage, honor, daring, and hilarity for me.  I just love the scene with Jack Sparrow sinking with his boat.  It's a short song, but boy is it good!

Piece of Music: Ederlezi by Goran Bregovic, from Les temps des Gitans.

Reason for Nomination: Incredibly beautiful and emotional

YouTube (or similar link): Ederlezi

Piece of Music: Le grand bleu, ouverture by Eric Serra

Reason for Nomination: The music is supposed to echo the ocean, and the dolphins, and Serra absolutely nails it. There are other songs on the soundtrack that are better as songs, especially Hymn to the Sea, but this is the one that captures the spirit of the move.

YouTube (or similar link): Ouverture

Piece of Music: Vargsången (The Wolf Song) from Ronja Rövardotter, by Björn Isfält and Astrid Lindgren.

Reason for Nomination: Like pretty much all Swedes, I grew up with Astrid Lindgrens books and the movies based on them. All her movies (except one) has some great songs in them, and this is in my opinion the very best. I do not feel like translating the whole thing, but basically it is a lullaby where a mother tells her daughter to not fear the wolf.

Great! lol!

Anyway, I am extending the deadline until Friday 16th April as I am away for the next 2 days on an audit, which I forgot about when setting the deadlines. I also have no internet access. Everything will be sorted out on the Friday evening when I get in.

Piece of Music: May it Be

Reason for Nomination: I just love this song. The music is haunting as well as being sung in English and Quenya (elevish) (From LotR TFotR)

Piece of Music: Riders of Rohan (LotR TTT)

Reason for Nomination: I just love the way this music flows, It conjures up the feeling of riding a horse and suits the landscape of Rohan and the Edge of the White Mountains, it backs onto

Piece of Music:The Imperial March (The Empire Strikes Back)

Reason for Nomination: This has to be some of the best music from the film, you can see the Imperial Army all lined up in your head when this plays, lol

Piece of Music: Binary Sunset (Star Wars)

Reason for Nomination: I just love this peace, close my eyes and I'm away from the hectic every day life and thinking there is something better out there.

I second Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter (John Williams), The Battle from Gladiator (Hans Zimmer,) Main theme from Jurassic Park (John Williams) and Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

Piece of Music: For the Love of a Princess

Reason for Nomination: It's a beautiful song that calls to mind the absolute love of a person who has lost love, only to rediscover it in a surprising place. (if that makes sense)  It also evokes raw emotion, sadness, and makes me think of Scotland.  It might be my favorite piece by James Horner.

Piece of Music: The Call

Reason for Nomination: Regina Spektor at her best in this song of yearning from the Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe soundtrack.  Her voice is amazing and pure and knocks the breath out of me every time I listen.

Piece of Music: Laundry Day

Reason for Nomination: NPH ROCKS!  And it's a great vlog/production by Joss Whedon

YouTube (or similar link):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfaXt1rC2G0

Piece of Music: Say it to Me Now

Reason for Nomination: Glen Hansard's voice is incredible and this is one of my top 10 movies of all time

Piece of Music: Duel of Fates

Reason for Nomination: THIS is my favorite John Williams song, EVAR!  He crafts a piece that, in my opinion, is beyond him.  I'm not sure how he did it, but he truly broke the mold with this song.  Such force, such clarity, such daring, such bravery, such action, in one song...it's incredible.

YouTube (or similar link): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyCigHHwOcE

I second....

Duel of Fate

Riders of Rohan

May It Be

Binary Sunset

Ederlezi

Jurassic Park (Main Theme)

Hedwig's Theme

Destruction of Home Tree

The Medallion Calls

I almost want to nominate The Call, but I have to say no because...I love the music but the words make me mad because of the idiot that used them towards me :(

Below is the list of all nominations. As we got 16 pieces that got seconded, these shall be used for the "It's A Knockout" contest, which is going up shortly.

Nominated Tracks

Seconded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

1. Into the West from Lord of the Rings (Annie Lennox/Howard Shore)

2. The Coronation from Stardust (Ilan Eshkeri)

3. Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter (John Williams)

4. The Battle from Gladiator (Hans Zimmer)

5. Main theme from Jurassic Park (John Williams)

6. Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

7. The Blood of Cuchulainn from Boondock Saints (Mychael Danna)

8. May it Be from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

9. Riders of Rohan from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

10. The Imperial March from Star Wars (John Williams)

11. Ouverture from Le Grand Bleu (Eric Serra)

12. Duel of Fates from Star Wars (John Williams)

13. Binary Sunset from Star Wars (John Williams)

14. Ederlezi from Les temps des Gitans (Goran Bregovic)

15. Destruction of Home Tree from Avatar (James Horner)

16. The Medallion Calls from Pirates of the Caribbean (Hans Zimmer)

Nominated

1. Now We Are Free from Gladiator (Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerard)

2. Main Title from Last of the Mohicans (Trevor Jones/Randy Edelman)

3. The Way of the Sword from The Last Samurai (Hans Zimmer)

4. Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

5. Vargsången (The Wolf Song) from Ronja Rövardotter (Björn Isfält and Astrid Lindgren)

6. For the Love of a Princess from Braveheart (James Horner)

7. The Call from The Chronicles of Narnia (Regina Spektor)

8. Laundry Day from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (Joss Whedon)

9. Say it to Me Now from Once (Glen Hansard)

Archived