DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Frustrating moments in gaming

Blig Blog

Final Fantasy VII:  One of those ultimate weapon robots(I think the underwater one). 

Thus far I have been unable to beat this one.  I use Knights of the round with the x2 materia, then have the other two characters mimic this action.  After all of that(And an ungodly amount of HP taken off of him), he turns around and smacks me dead, before I can attack again. 

I always wanted to beat Area 51 on the campaign but it was just way too hard...even on easy. I got to the part where you had to defeat the two floating aliens who just kept spawning shock troopers in your face. I could hold off the troopers but not be able to hit the floaters. They kept healing so I would have to keep unloading on one to take it out...and if I did that the shock troopers would rape me...

How late it that in the game? It's been a real long time since I played that game...been a long time since I even TOUCHED my 360.

I kept getting to the part where you're on that big moving platform and these flying things with guys riding them were assaulting me and I was on a gun emplacement...the one that came up the side ALWAYS killed me...

Then get a PS3. >.>

Lol

Something aggravating: Getting 20+ killstreak on MW2 going for the nuke and someone hunts you don't...what I call "Killcam noobs". I've hit the nuke though and found a way to get one almost every game. 8) So I guess it's not that frustrating anymore.

Then get a PS3. >.>

Why? So I can play games on inferior graphics and inferior? There is no legitimate reason not to release games that are on consoles (especially ps3/360) on the pc as well. Buying a PS3 would be telling the game publishers that doing what they're doing is smart because they'll make money by me wasting it on buying consoles.

/Rant off

hi, my name is Red and i've offically had my first frustrating moment on "Mario Galaxy 2"

Prankster Comets, you love to hate them.

i was on maybe the 5th one (because once you unlock them they just keep comming apparently) and it's the world where you have to jump and spin to make the platform switch between blue and red tiles.

30 MINS!!!  it took me 30 mins to get all the freakin coins. 

the funny thing is, if you listen to the music, the words "This stage sucks" and some other choice ohrases really fit with the beat lmao

I've recently started playing SWAT on Halo 3, where you have no shields, headshots are a one hit kill, and melees are one hit kills.  The problem/frustrating part is that when someone's character is an Elite, it's extremely hard to get a headshot on them.  Significantly harder than on Master Chief.  It's annoying.

• 1 month later...

FF13 is annoying the hell out of me. Can't get beat the head Cocoon Fal 'Cie. I can drop off all the crap on his sides, but once i take on his main section he drops me

Send me a PM and I might be able to help. I beat FF13 months ago (contrary to the anti-FF13 crowd, it was pretty fun IMO).

If it's the boss I'm thinking of there are really two approaches. One is the "burn, baby, burn" approach. Basically you blitz him offensively really fast and hard. When he prepares his god attack of doom you shatter him and it stops his attack. Works decently I think.

What I did was an uber conservative approach. I had all my buffs going all the time and always switched over to healing mode when I even smelled his attack of doom. It took me around 20-30 minutes to beat that way, though. I think the first approach is how it's meant to be done.

However, if you're where I think you are... well, I'll just say there is a big difficulty spike around that part in the game. But it's also where the game opens up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived