DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Death Note Mafia (Night 4)

ChronoCrosS

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The task force has one defense against lynching, which means that once the voting finishes, their vote count get lowered by one. For example assuming the following happpened:

ed:Tynaal, Aemon

Aemon:Talya, ed

Aemon is on the task force and gets his vote count of 2 lowered to 1. Ed would then die and Talya would get the death note power from Kira. She would kill Aemon and then Tynaal would kill Talya during the lynch since she has one defense.

Anyway, in the future, I think only the chief and kira will get one defense.

Kira also has one defense and if Ed died then Talya could kill Tynaal with the death note and it would be 1 vs 1...

Kira with one defense and Aemon with one defense means that the vote count would be 1 and 1 making it a random lynch, with the mafia killing someone at night. Same for the next day.

But you are forgetting that the chief canot be killed by the deathnote, meaning Kira cannot kill Tynaal. Town wins!

Light Yagami/Kira: Once each night you may choose one player and attempts to guess their role,

if correct, this person will die, you may not kill Soichiro Yagami nor tell Mikami to kill him.

All of Soichiro's abilities passed to Tynaal after Al's death.

Go town!!

No problem, mafia typically when when the equal or out number the townies so I would say they have won.

Since all the info is out in the open.

Aemon I'm disappointed you voted for me day 1. Joking. I thought it was you just trying to draw attention away from me being the Chief.

ED YOU LLL! EVIL LYING SACK OF MONKEY POO!

Good game and well played Ed, I'll see you in another game soon...

Kira can't kill Tynaal but they could kill you tonight and lynch her tomorrow. Or if Ed dies then Talya could use the death note on Tynaal. Trust me they have the upper hand, sorry Aemon. I wish you guys won I was the chief after all :)

Stop tearing apart my carefully articulated reasons for the town to win!!  ;D

But, if Ed get's lynched, Talya has to NK me, because the deathnote cannot be used to kill the chief, leaving us with Talya and Tynaal at day phase....and we're stuck at an impasse. Bummer. They both would have 1 protection against day phase lynching if Talya gets all the powers of Kira. If Talya ONLY gets the deathnote, Tynaal lynches Talya and Town wins!!  ;D

Light Yagami/Kira: Once each night you may choose one player and attempts to guess their role,

if correct, this person will die, you may not kill Soichiro Yagami nor tell Mikami to kill him.

If Kira is killed, this power passes to a random mafia member. If this power passes to Mikami, his Death Note now has a 100% chance of killing someone. If this power passes to another mafia member (i.e. not Mikami), they may choose to use it OR their previous power during the night phase.

Misa Amane: You may choose one player each night and reveal their role (there is a 2/3 chance of success). You are aware of

Light Yagami.

From this I get that Kira can't kill the chief. The death note can kill the chief if it is passed to another mafia member. The reason Kira can't kill the chief is because he starts out knowing who the chief is.

I guess this is one of those times. There wouldn't be a lynch unless there is majority. You shouldn't have a situation where the end of the game is decided by a random lynch nor by a who has most...It is a MAJORITY that is require. We wouldn't get that with 2 and 2 left. In every other mafia game I have played, there wouldn't have been the next day unless something else had happened. If we had carried on then:

this day: no lynch as all voting is equal, no majority.

Night:  Ed kills Aemon

Next day: Talya and Ed vote Ty, she is lynced.

End of Game.

If you don't have that, the odds of Mafia winning at the start would be very low indeed, if they even could. The only way would be if The ones left were the other lot.

Thanks for the game though Chrono.

I think there are a number of things you may want to take forward. It's never a good idea to name all the characters. If the Townies had worked it out they could have easily worked out who the Mafia were and we could have been taken out in no time. Plus if you are going to have a rule of no revealing you should have a punishment. In theory Aemon should have been modkilled. If you keep changing the goal posts, it makes it a hard game to play.

Make sure that you keep up with the game, it would have been good to have the voting updated regularly, so all knew what was going on. If you make deadlines keep them, unless due to RL, which obviously happens. You need to be visible in the game. It helps to keep it going, like you are watching over naughty children, they will behave better (except Ed of course)

Those are just a few pointers for your next one, I enjoyed the game, so please don't think I didn't. It was a hard game to mod for your first time and I think you did well.

So thank you.

now all you have to do is to give points to those that played (max of 20 min of 5) Decide who won (because there is some confusion over this). How well you thought people played etc. Then put the points in here and I will transfer them over.

;D

They can do, but it's best not to tell everyone. Usually you tell each person there role, but leave the rest guessing. That way, if people do claim a role, people can't just check the list and workout who's who etc. especially when there seem to be a lot of people who knew each in the game!

Mod is God. So sorry Talya and Ed.  ;D

Actually, now that I think about it, the townies win. This is due to the fact that members of the task force have one defense against lynching.

I'm pretty sure you all know each others roles by now, so I won't say.

Finally, thanks for being the guinea pigs in this game. I have gotten some very useful info on making the game better and longer.

Archived