DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Female Vocalist for the Band's Band - It's A Knockout (Winner: Sharon den Adel)

Corki

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round 1, Tie 4

Greta Salpeter (The Hush Sound)

Simply one of the best female vocalist I've ever heard! She is also the pianist for the group, which she was classically trained in since the age of 2. The band is currently on a hiatus, and she has started a solo project.

Links: Lighthouse

vs.

Dawn Richardson (of Fireflight)

I'm not really sure. She is the lead singer of Christian rock band Fireflight. I just really like her voice and the music Fireflight does. She does a fantastic job as the lead singer, although her Cruella de Vil hair coloring is kind of scary!  ;D

Link:

and

Voting ends Wednesday 17th February 2010 at 11pm (GMT)

Did not like any of them, and none were particulariy cute, so I am voting for the one with the best name, Greta Salpeter. Salpeter being a key ingredient in homemade smoke bombs, which is the closest connection to rock any of these little girl ever will have.

Round 1, Tie 5

Annie Lennox

While I'm not a big fan of her music with the Eurythmics, once she went solo she created some amazing music that rates among my favorite of all time. She is an Oscar winner, winning in 2004 with her song from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Into the West. She is known as a pop culture icon for her distinctive contralto vocals and visual performances.

Links:

and

vs.

Amy Lee (of Evanescence)

When it comes to female vocalists for the most part I am not a fan, but she is amazing, and has some pretty awesome metal songs. She has a great range and can really rock out. Talentwise especially I have heard no one better. She is also a classically trained pianist. She is heavily involved in designing her clothes and appearances for music videos and gigs, and refuses to use "sex appeal" in her music.

Links: Bring Me To Life and Going Under

Voting ends Friday 19th February 2010 at 11pm (GMT)

Archived