DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Rey Mafia] Julius Caesar - THE CONSPIRATORS HAVE KILLED CAESAR!

Reyoru

You figured during night one that Lily would be lynched the next day?  Why?  She had two votes at end of day 1.  Me and Talya.  She said the phrase.  I was still suspicious of her (rightly so it seems) but everyone else had pulled their vote.  That, in the words of Lanth, is weak sauce.  It's like you are the one that is actually on her team and you were planning the false reveal gunning after Ed knowing she'd be at risk of getting lynched.  I didn't act as suspiciously day two?.. I don't think I acted suspiciously day one.  Pete was going after MCS pretty harshly and Lily at first harped on MCS but she herself didn't even say the phrase.. that's why I went for her.  Had nothing to do with MCS.  Had he not said the phrase my vote would have stayed on him.  I know if I were scum I'd be hesitant to say the phrase.  If you will read back... I was the first one to say ANY phrase.

Once Ed made his roleclaim it made sense to lynch Lily, even before Lily countered.  If someone claims an investigative role and then says someone else is guilty, the logical play is to lynch the person implicated, and if he or she flips innocent, then lynch the claimer.  Disregarding inaccuracy, this always nets you at least a one for one trade, which is good for the town.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God Ed you are worse than Pete.  Figure yourself out.  This constant double checking is why we are all suspicious of you.

Edit: Pete.. you showed no love for my kiss. :(  *saunters to the food table and picks out yummies to put on her plate*

Edit again: Wombat.. Did he reveal viewing her day one?  I'm going back to check...

Guest dragonsworn1991

I always love the Nae kisses. *Loves on Nae*

I love them just a small piece more than Martha cookies which is what this apocalypse is being catered by.  :D

This whole gambit/gunning for each other is giving me a major headache. Wombat is claiming finder which is a believable role to have and Ed is claiming a lie detector, another believable role. Gah, Ed's constant jabbing and inconsistities are scummy, where as Wombat has not done as much scummy things. And we lynch one to test the other so worst case scenario we lynch another scum tomorrow

I'm gonna go for [glow=red,2,300]Wombat[/glow]. Unless I hear something convincing otherwise. *sighs* I'd hate to lose a finder, but Ed was kind of accurate on Lily. And he seems SO confident. *lol* I mean maybe it's just me but Mafia renegating as townie roles tend to trip up or get confused. Ed on the other hand basically screams LIAR!!! at anyone who even THINKS about counterclaiming.

Also, there were times when he went under the radar and STILL he basically pushed his way to the top of the list JUST to scream LIAR at counterclaimers. He's either very stupid or really the Lie Detector.

Like I said, I might change my vote. You never know these days. Like me waking up to Jeran and Dapianoplayer dead. *hangs head* No more nice shoes and poetry. I'm not sure which is worse.

Once Ed made his roleclaim it made sense to lynch Lily, even before Lily countered.  If someone claims an investigative role and then says someone else is guilty, the logical play is to lynch the person implicated, and if he or she flips innocent, then lynch the claimer.  Disregarding inaccuracy, this always nets you at least a one for one trade, which is good for the town.

You were hoping to use the same logic to get me lynched, just because I discovered Lily.

Mafia won't always defend their own if they can get a benefit out of it, and they always want one or two to stay on the down low.

You hope that since you claimed Finder, people would automatically believe you, when people berated me for offering more evidence.

EDIT: Nae, I know. :(

I realize that, but I can't help it. I fuss myself up a lot.

EDIT: They are dumb, not scummy. :(

EDIT: Fourth! time I am editing!

Yes Wombat.. I went back and checked.  God.  >.< Now I remember why I hate doing that!  Yeah he did it just before deadline... I still would have checked him.  I don't know when exactly he got the info but if he got it earlier he coulda told us so we could have done a lynch on her day one.  That would have proved/disproved him.  Since it was then night I'd have checked him.  It's a good idea for finders to check revealers...  I'll give you that there was a very good probability of her getting lynched the next day with what Ed said.  I still would have viewed him.  She was gearing up for discrediting him from the moment he said he picked her phrase to check.  That's what's nice about lie detectors and a big reason why mod's put them in games with godfathers.  Finders view godfathers as innocent... but lie detectors check truth in statements.  It's the balance for the godfather.

I'm not liking this "normal lie detectors wouldn't reveal, wouldn't ask people to say phrases, etc".  This is one of my biggest peeves in mafia. (check movie madness and choose your role) Just because you would do something one way doesn't mean someone else would.  I've seen the lie detector role a few times... it's a role often used over on myndjack.  More than once the ole.. "please say this phrase" thing comes up.  Min revealed early on with that role too.  She didn't have time to suggest saying the phrase though.

To me it would make sense to reveal this role because then you CAN do the "please say I am not anti-town so I can check it."  That's just me though.. and that may not be what Alanna or Pookie or Pete would do.

I also, in my reread, noted that Lily said that exact thing...

page 23...

quote from Lily:

A REAL lie detector would not reveal.

Uh, to clarify, I was not saying Ed couldn't be the lie detector because 'a normal lie detector wouldn't do that.' I had said it was likely a game with a lie detector could still have a finder, and I was explaining why to him. That's all. Of course people will choose to play it however they want, and I'm perfectly aware that Ed especially does things differenly sometimes ;D I was just explaining that because some people would probably choose to play it that way (at least at first), it still makes sense to have a finder as well.

By nature, I lie low in mafia games, whether I'm innocent or mafia or have a role or not. So as a lie detector, I would probably play it quietly. Which is what I was pointing out to Ed. I don't think that's the onyl way to play it, nor do I think that if you don't play it this way, you're not doing 'right.'

Also, [glow=red,2,300]Ed[/glow]. (Please tell me I haven't voted yet, because lately I've gotten into this bad habit of voting again without unvoting). Wombat's claim is more believable to me. Ed seems very scummy, though...he often seems scummy ;D So I wouldn't vote on that reason alone. Also the person Wombat was hinting at being seems likely to be the finder.

In the end, I just think there would likely be a finder in this game, lie detector or not. And no one has counterclaimed.

Shakespeare?? You're using shakespeare to reveal yourself???

That's... well... it seems a bit desperate to me. Very, very desperate. Kinda like having a gun pointed to my head and trying to quote my kidnapper's mom.

*pauses*

I'm not sure what I'm talking about. But I'm sticking to my vote.

In my opinion Rey.. telling us not to reveal our characters means no hints or anything allowing people to guess who we are.  Posting quotes from your character is revealing who they are.  I really can't believe you'd allow that in a game.  Either allow people to reveal their characters or not.

With the way people are going after people who reveal/counter reveal would YOU reveal if you were the real finder Alanna?  :D  They may not have even checked in yet, may have and just chose not to counter reveal or he may, in fact, be the finder.  I have no idea and that's why I haven't yet voted.  They could BOTH be telling the truth.  Does it neccesarily have to be a one is lying or the other?  I think the mafia is playing us.  If we lynch Ed/Wombat and find they are what they say they are then we say ok then Wombat/Ed must be lying and lynch them the next day.  We have just lost both of the power roles that can help us find the scum.

Guest dragonsworn1991

But Nae wombat said he viewed Ed and he turned up scum and Ed said he was not a miller so there is no other explanation, other than one of them is lying

Also, it doesn't matter a flying flip if you are Ceasar himself or the queen of england.  Mafia got a recruit and someone changed alignments. ;)  Just thought of that.  You may have started out the man you quoted and an innocent finder.  You may not be anymore.

Yeah Pete.. let me process my thoughts dude!  With two different happenings causing someone who was formerly not mafia becoming mafia and someone changing alignments your "clever" hinting at being ******** holds no water.

Archived