DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do you do?

Karana Majin

okay my turn... i am a personal banking associate for cibc in delhi canada.... so what i do is open accounts do loans and lines of credit, apply for credit cards and gic's and rrsp's .. that is until i get my mutual finds licence....

though i am a wanna be artist and do a little work every once in a while for my dads comic book...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was a satellite space flight controller

and technical engineer w/nasa, jhuapl and osc

during a span of ten years after playing music and holding other jobs for 20 years.

computer geek does not come close to what i did.

i am now disabled and wait.:roll:

Hmm, I haven't been around here much the last couple of years.

Anyways, I'm currently on the final year of my bachelor in anthropology. I study at the University of Bergen in Norway. I'll be taking a master degree in anthropology too, and I'm hoping to one day get a job within management of some kind, or maybe research.

I am a steward at Disneyland. Basically that means I wash all the dishes at Cafe Orlean's which is inside of Disneyland. I am planning on moving to Food Prep or Order Cook so that Disney will pay for me to go to Le Cordon Blue and become a chef.

Hmm' date=' I haven't been around here much the last couple of years.

Anyways, I'm currently on the final year of my bachelor in anthropology. I study at the University of Bergen in Norway. I'll be taking a master degree in anthropology too, and I'm hoping to one day get a job within management of some kind, or maybe research.[/quote']

Woohoo, another anthropologist! It's what I majored in, after spending far too many years having fun in uni :D

Well ill give it a go!

Im curently in secondary school(Highschool to you Americans)with 2 years 2 go i dont really like it but what can u do? only 2 years until a fresh start in colleage! i work part time in daddys(lol) bookmaking ofice(no i dont make books!!)and at the race track ither working the computer or taking bets. i cant c myself as a bookmaker but who knows? in school im doing the regular subjects(Irish, English and maths) and my other subjects are History, German(gona fail it), Economics and construction studies! in my spare time i kayak(6 days a week)run a little bit, cycle a little bit, and do nothing a little bit!

thats it really!

Me, I start my junior year of high school in less than two weeks. :( I am definitely going to have a science major in college, and I plan on taking Spanish as my minor. I don't know which science yet... I have already taken biology and chemistry (loved both), and am taking physics this year. My major's going to be some combination of those; I won't know which two I'll like the best until I experience physics. I plan on eventually doing cancer research.

By the way, all of you who majored in science in college, any hints to what it's like? Is it anything like high school?

danis

Well I am currently a student at Uni, plannin to major in aerospace engineering and maths.

what do plan on doing with your aerospace degree?
To be honest, I'm not too sure yet (Have only just started the degree). I wouldn't mind working in Europe, where I hear there is a large Aerospace movement.

I'm also studying industrial design, I'm in my junior year. I used to be aerospace engineering, until I realized that aerospace engineers don't actually design or build planes, they develop theories for how new engines and wing curves will work.

I love my major, no tests except for final exams, I get to build things that work, and some companies sponsor studios so we get to see our designs in production. I also get to use our shop to make things for costumes.

I was peruaded by my dad to get a proper job when I left school rather than go to "poncey" college as he so eloquently put it. So I started a five year Electrical/ Mechanical Fitting apprenticeship where I had to do day release at "poncey" college. I worked as a fitter for nine years until the factory closed down, surprise surprise!

I now work as an installation technician for a very small local company who build Public Information Displays for bus & Train stations and Airports which have included Newcastle, England (which incidentally I've been working on the past three months) Manchester, England and Toronto, Canada. I am over worked, under valued and severely under paid but that seems to be the norm here in England where every company is top heavy in the managerial dept.

Recently, while undertaking some servicing work at Manchester Airport I had a rather disturbing experience after inadvertantly leaving a small metal tool case (which in hindsight did look like those metal briefcases prefered by terrorists in the movies!).Upon returning to retrieve said tool case I was greeted by a wall of hostile, testosterone-fuelled, semi-automatic wielding armed response Police officers. There is nothing more comforting than the click, click, click of seven Heckler Koch semis being cocked and thrust in your face! This caused a rather startling transformation in the colouring of ones underwear! But it was understandable considering the current security climate. Anyway it was soon sorted out after a three hour interrogation a vigorous body search and Police security checks.

I am a' date=' get ready, Television Master Control/Studio Operator at a local CBS affiliate. And because I [u']hate[/u] my job I went back to school and I'm majoring in English. No, I'm not going to be a teacher...I'm not ruthless enough.

Ah, yes, Kaznen, no one is more evil than your average high school English teacher. You must be a bit Sadomasochistic to survive in this job. :wink:

I teach Literature and Composition at a University. No one, and I mean no one, in any of my classes has heard of Robert Jordan or The Wheel of Time. They are all Harry Potter enthusiasts . . . which lends proof to the assertion that there is no hell but the one we make of earth.

Just a college freshman - I'm hoping to major in journalism and communications. I'm considering becoming a travel writer, or just writing for different magazines and papers, preferably outdoors-oriented ones. I'm sort of an outdoors freak, you might say. If I wasn't so interested in writing, I'd probably end up as a forest ranger or something...

Yeah... I'm sort of pathetic...

Archived