DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Merry Kingling Christmas Tree Decorating Party!!

twinflower

twinnie whoops, then bounces out of her room on the second floor of the Farm House,dressed in her footy Frosty the Snowman jammies and a Santa hat,she runs to the stairs and slides down the bannister, landing at the front door.  She throws it open wide, grinning.  A swirl of snow blows in, along with the Kyn, Daemon and Manny carrying in a ten foot tall pine tree. Bouncing around the guys, not helping a bit, starts singing Jingle Bells watching the boys set the gorgeous tree up near the fire place in the Farm House's great room.  Her eyes shining, she stops singing long enough to hug each of the big men, kissing thier cheeks and then stares at the tree fascinated...suddenly yelling out

KINGLINGS!!  KINGLINGS!!  It's time to decorate the tree!  Somebody make the popcorn and get the cranberries!  Who's going to untangle the lights?  Oh we have cookies from baking this afternoon too and a big pot of hot chocolate and hot toddies to!!  C'mon everyone!!

Oh Tay!  We can cut out snowflakes too!  ohh and we have to decorate the sugar cookies! *giggles and skips around, setting out cookies and popcorn and knocking at every door for everyone to join in!*

Oh!  Don't forget to put your favorite ornament on the tree and describe it to us too!

This is gonna be so GREAT!  We can tell stories and share favorite Christmas memories and what we put in our letters to Santa...*grins from  ear to ear looking up at Lor grinning at her from the balcony* I so love Christmas!

Here I come!  Leave room for the sheep, please.  I have a small collection of sheep ornaments, china sheep, terracotta sheep, a big punched-tin sheep from Mexico, wooden sheep.  You get the picture.  I haven't had a tree in years (cats), so I will be happy to have someone admire them. 

Toddies?  Did someone say toddies?  Yum!

I have no idea what I want.  Having that problem here at home.  I got 2 big spring-form cake pans from my ex as an early birthday present, and he's going to cook for me for Christmas, but I can't think of things to ask Lloyd for.  New laptop?  Patterns for my steampunk outfit?  Probably both, actually. :D 

I got him a sapphire ring.  Well, he picked it out in October, and he never forgets anything, so he already knows about it but I finally got it in the mail! 

My son and my ex are getting a new computer for their house so they will have 2, from my mom, my sister and me.  My daughter is getting a wedding dress and all the trimmings. 

*smiles* You just don't know how much I have missed you, silly sistertwinny! *hugs tight and smiles some more*

My favorite ornament... hmmm... I think my angels are my favorite ornaments. I collect them and have some pretty elaborate ones. One is just the torso of an angel and where her legs should be is a froth of fuzzy ribbons. Another is a ceramic angel with golden metallic stuff behind her to make it look like the whole "light of God" thing. *smiles* I have a lot of time-stamp ornaments on my tree, which is really cool (and so very me. How many people turn their christmas trees into scrapbooks? *laughs*). I have an ornament from the Christmas after dana and I were engaged, another when we got married and another when we bought this house. I have three "baby's first" ornaments for Alex and we added her Rocket ornament this year from her favorite TV show (Little Einsteins!). I try to buy one type of ornament for the tree every year, too, so I can look back at them and smile.

As for what I want... *sighs* I never know what to say when people ask me that. I want books and crafts and time to do both. *laughs* Hook me up with a 25th hour, would ya?

I would certainly love to do it if I could just figure out how!

*hugs back tight and grins*  Just as much as I miss you! 

Now I insisted that we buy an ornament for our tree every year as a tradition when we were newly weds...and the first couple years revolved around our favorite movie, WInnie the Pooh..but then it seems we started to collect black labrodor ornaments..*grins*  of tiny pups having fun in all sorts of ways they shouldn't!  LOL  I think my favorite is the one of t he baby tangled in lights!  Sven did that one year...

Actually, my contribution to the decorations though...will be my collection of nativities!  Most are small, and many I've made myself, but each is unique and is lovely!  And of course my Menorrah!  LOL  Yes I'll be vewy careful lighting the candles!

Hummmm My favorite would be a wire spider web I bought for my mom years ago. Its painted white with glitter on it.

The story is that when Joseph, Mary and Jesus fled for their lives they hid in a cave. The solders looked in the cave but God told a spider to weave a web in the entrance. The solders saw the web was not disturbed and did not look any farther into the cave. Thus the spider and its web saved Jesus.

But I refuse to put anything on our tree till the night before Christmas. That's when all decorations go up.

Merry Christmas!!!

I got my new laptop today so I can finally post again, yay!

It sucks that the last one got stolen, but the upside is that now I have a way better one.

Favorite Christmas ornaments have to be a set of 10 angels that's 5 generations old. It's passed down to the oldest grandchild and my grandmother gave them to me last year.

Leanne~! *hugs and grins* Welcome!  It's so GOOD to have you here!  WoW!  That is a special set of ornaments!  Cherish them!

You know Torrie..there is another story about the spider and her web and the baby Jesus..and why we have tinsel on the tree I think...I'll try to find it tommorrow!  Cool story though!  and I've always wondered what it was like to decorate the tree on Christmas eve!  We always had a big family gathering so were, well first at church, then at my aunt's..so it was not ever an option!

Ursuala..how did you come to collect sheep?

*sneaks behind Jade and starts munching on popcorn*  Wow that smells good!  I love the scents of Christmas! The tree, the wreath..cranberries and popcorn.cookies baking...mmmm..

*sits on the arm of Dae's chair, giving him a poke and smiles at Mirsh*  My aunt used to decorate her tree with only crocheted snowflakes..and red and blue ornamentes that she had croceted like a snoode over.  It was just beautiful!  LOL  I trie dto make a snowflake and it looked like a melted snowball!

So most cherished and favorite childhood memory..I'll tell mine after the rest of you do!

*slides into Dae's lap*

I have so many childhood memories.

My sister used to sleep in my room every year on Christmas. Even when I was a teenager. We used to get so excited.

I remember getting snowed in at my Grandmother house. My dad was not happy about that one. lol

My best one, though, will bring tears to my eyes...

When I was 12, my dad had cancer and after 6 knee replacements had his leg amputated. He almost bled out on the operating table. This was a week before Christmas. The first time I saw him after the surgery was Christmas day. We went to the hospital and took all our gifts up there to open them in his hospital room.

He was our present that year. We almost lost him.

Opening presents and seeing him smile never felt so good.

*hugs torrie*  I so understand that one torrie!  My dad had a massive heartattack the week before Christmas when i was 13 and we almost lost him!  I remember that being the worst Christmas..cause even Christmas day we weren't sure how things would turn out..*smiles*  but I do remember his gift that year...he had never had an electric toy train..so my brothers and I had gotten him one..a big one with the huge layout on a plyboard and everything.  THe only part we could take though was part of the track and some cars and the engine..but we set it up and had it running around his bed!  *grins*

My best Christmas though..I was only about seven or eight.  For the first time Ever..i didn'twake up Christmas morning..and I remember my big brother coming in to wake me up..he was my idol back then.  Anyway..I walked into the living room..and there was a Suzy homemake Vanity!  Oh my God..I was a princess!  And it just got better!  My aunt had made my barbie a full wedding gown, and three bridesmaid gowns..and a troussou!  *smiles*  I was such a girly girl..still am!

But in all honesty..my best Christmas memory was a tradition that was unspoken.  My dad would always wake up first..and stir up the fire in the fireplace and turn on the Christmas tree lights and make coffee.  I was up soon after..and I would sit by the fireplace in the tree lights, and stare at my sock, cause fascinating things would be sticking out of the top of it!  My dad would make me hot chocolate and we would spend that quite and special hour together.  Even as I got older we did that until he died..*smiles*  although the chocolate turned to coffee..and not staring at the sock so much as daydreaming of Christmas's with my own kids one day.....it was our special time and almost a holy thing in a way...

Archived