DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's Going on at the Black Tower? (Full Spoilers)

Luckers

Luckers, I love you.

I would LOVE to see this. I'm getting extremely tired of this whole "Aes Sedai are dumb idiots who can't tie their own shoelaces" stuff. They've been the most prominent people in Randland for 3000 years, for crying out loud! They couldn't have done that if every single last one of them (except Moiraine and the WGs) were morons.

:D

I'm the same. I've been dissapointed with Aes Sedai, but I do see the mettle under the idiotic surface. Time for it to come out and play.

Of course this is very rough. I'll see what the responses are and then polish it a bit. But yeah my other thought is that give the overt nature of Logain's muttering's about Taim combined with his glory to come then I can't believe I didn't consider that he might be a Red Herring. He's too strong a candidate, if that makes sense.

Also this might give meaning to the Black Ajah Hunters. I'm vaguely dissapointed that there three book arc was resolved by Verin--only vaguely, coz that scene rocked. If Pevara's experience with the Black Ajah--say she sees him talking to a Rebel sister she knows is black--in some way reveals Taim it will be brilliant.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen. I completely agree with you.

Of course, if this comes to pass, I'm going to have to stick tiny little swords in a voodoo doll of you, for spoiling such an awesome scene for me  ;D

I think if this turns out to be true I'll make my status "And Luckers Said: Let There Be Cool! And There Was!"  :P

Of course, if this comes to pass, I'm going to have to stick tiny little swords in a voodoo doll of you, for spoiling such an awesome scene for me

If I call you mummy will you set the doll on fire?

It's certainly something I would love to see happen, but would Elayne back in Caemlyn not have noticed something in one of her PoV's? (I recall she visited the BT at one point, but I can't for the life of me remember what actually happened)

I'm not sure how the timeline is between Elaynes plotline and the BT plotline.

I think if this turns out to be true I'll make my status "And Luckers Said: Let There Be Cool! And There Was!"

If this turns out to be try, I'll set MY status to that too!

If I call you mummy will you set the doll on fire?

No, because you'd probably like that  ;D

I might make you hug a New Zealander, though  :P

It's certainly something I would love to see happen, but would Elayne back in Caemlyn not have noticed something in one of her PoV's? (I recall she visited the BT at one point, but I can't for the life of me remember what actually happened)

I'm not sure how the timeline is between Elaynes plotline and the BT plotline.

Elayne visits the BT, a few days after Toveine, Gaby and co are captured. We see it from Toveine's PoV. (WH Prologue)

That's well before either the rebel or Tower AS arrive at BT.

Logain leaves with his captured AS (none of whom are BA) and goes to meet Rand in Algiarin's manor. (KoD)

The day after the trolloc attack, Narishma goes to the rebel camp to make the bonding offer (KoD)

The tower AS (Pevara and Co.) decide to do their thing even later. (KoD epilogue)

Sharaman's right. Chronologically this would be occurring after we last met Elayne. The Aes Sedai might be prisoners at that stage, but the blood and fire part of my theory wouldn't come till later.

I do agree though, Elayne will probably notice when it happens, if she's not caught up in other stuff.

The rebels could have sent 47 (assuming that many wanted to bond AM) or slightly more or less.

The Pevara group includes a total of six reds.

Logain's ladies (Toveine, Gaby and the others) are no longer in the BT unless he's gone back there.

Let the Lord of Chaos Rule is a darkfriend saying. I think Tain isnt who we think he is. Demandred maybe?

Haha, did someone really just say this?  Where has this person been all these years... haha.  You can't miss this worn-out debate on any WoT related website! 

I'm only innocently poking fun... :)

Also, had he done something complex (if he'd even had the time to do it before Mishraile spilled the beans) or even significantly different, it might have roused the Reds' suspicions.

Complex & simple (and in between) in saidin seem undetectable to saidar channelers; and vice versa.

Also, had he done something complex (if he'd even had the time to do it before Mishraile spilled the beans) or even significantly different, it might have roused the Reds' suspicions.

Complex & simple (and in between) in saidin seem undetectable to saidar channelers; and vice versa.

They would not have been able to see the weaves, but if it was something impressive they could probably reason that the weave was a complex one, particularly if it was something they had not seen.

They would not have been able to see the weaves, but if it was something impressive they could probably reason that the weave was a complex one, particularly if it was something they had not seen.

Exactly. Simple Is Good. Better for the Aes Sedai to see merely a more brutal form of an Air switch. That, they would easily dismiss as discipline. The severity of it, of course, would additionally make them wonder about the intense and violent training that goes on at the Black Tower.

Archived