DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tuon and the Seanchan (Full Book Spoilers)

Luckers

Mainly it's because their omens are hugely vague and general. Take for example the one that Tuon read to mean that 'bold decisions will have to be made'. That's basically fortune cookie stuff, it can be true depending on how a person reads it, it's no a true/false thing but rather entirely dependent on how someone sees it.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is classic fortune teller/oracle/starsign/psychic stuff: fortellings that are so vague that they always come true. For example, if a soldier went to a fortune teller and asked if he would win an upcoming battle or die in it, the fortune teller would say 'there will be a victory' or 'there will be much death', and it will come true.

The seanchan omens are ridiculous and nonsense. An evil entity of vast power using common, cliche'd evil critters like rats and ravens as spies is not too ridiculous, fortelling "bold decisions" from a random cloud shape, is, however.

In my opinion, the omens mean nothing and are superstitious bull***t, like what permeated ancient and medieval culture, and is often prevalent today in the form of psychics, horoscopes, and other forms of divination from common or random occurences and vague signs.

*gypsy palm-reads someone*

gypsy: You will have a long and fruitful life.

Person: Allright! *walks out and gets hit be car*

Gypsy: Uhhh... did i say long and fruitful? I must have misread, what i meant was, short and abrupt... he... he...

Does that summarise my opinion? If an omen goes wrong, then obviously, it must have been misread, because omens are never wrong, are they?

God! He is not my god! we are more like.... buisness associates.

*lightning flashes overhead*

Ahhh! Sorry, Great Lord, w-what i meant to say, was that i am your humble servant, and will always follow you and your allmighty darkness!

*lightning subsides*

Well... that was awkward.

Other than Moraine, I think one of the best parts of Towers of Midnight is going to be the Seanchan Bloodknives hidden throughout the tower killing as many Marath' Damane as they can. These assasins seem more deadly than even the Gray Men with their invisibility and poisin stick pins  :)

True, but they have at maximum a few more weeks. People will start grouping together if AS are dying.

And some might get caught.

Bryne got one after just being bonded....Other Warders might be better at it.

:-\

I thought the max was 5 days, but i was wondering about them myself.

Yup, the Bloodknives were ordered to stay put and stab as many AS as possible. A kind of 'if we can't have them, the DR can't either' scenario. Every AS killed is one less to fight you....

I reckon a considerably important AS is gonna buy the farm inside the first couple chapters of ToM. Defo not Egwene, but somebody interesting. Cool if they got Mesaana by accident... do everyone a service... she is really the most boring Forsaken, isn't she?

I think 4 are still alive.

We haven't seen another one killed.

Could be, and most likely am, wrong.

I don't think you are Ed. The only Bloodknife we've seen killed was by Gareth Bryne. No other deaths were mentioned. I would also have to assume that when the Bloodknives do kick it, we will see their deaths in the book. We will be getting a somewhat decent dose of Egwene and the Tower in the next book.

Yup, the Bloodknives were ordered to stay put and stab as many AS as possible. A kind of 'if we can't have them, the DR can't either' scenario. Every AS killed is one less to fight you....

I reckon a considerably important AS is gonna buy the farm inside the first couple chapters of ToM. Defo not Egwene, but somebody interesting. Cool if they got Mesaana by accident... do everyone a service... she is really the most boring Forsaken, isn't she?

I also believe that a few sisters of importance will be killed by those BK's. Important to the point that their deaths will be noted.

I can't wait until a BK tries to Kill Egwene and Gawyn kills him, and then say "wtf b*tch? An you still haven't bonded me?!"

:D

Hells yeah! Who better to protect her then the man that is madly in love with her. For christ's sake Egwene! Bond the jackass already! He's already pretty much given up his post with Elayne. She just needs to complete the process.

I can't wait until a BK tries to Kill Egwene and Gawyn kills him, and then say "wtf b*tch? An you still haven't bonded me?!"

:D

She'd prolly deny that she was ever in danger and get after Gawyn for getting blood on the floor.

Hells yeah! Who better to protect her then the man that is madly in love with her. For christ's sake Egwene! Bond the jackass already! He's already pretty much given up his post with Elayne. She just needs to complete the process.

I don't like Gawyn but I don't think Egwene deserves him.  That's not about Egwene in general, it's about the whole Egwene/Gawyn storyline...I don't like how she treated him...and from his POV, I don't see how he did anything wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, Gawyn's an awful eejit all the same.

That said, I'd like him to grow a pair and pick a feckin spot properly. Either BE prince of the Sword, or go home tell Elayne he's not doin it so she can hire some other poor sap. I'd imagine that chat could damage Gawyn's hearing somewhat...

Or, make Eg bond him and be done with it.

On the main topic again, tho, the Bloodknives were carefully introduced as super dooper assassins. NO WAY is making Gareth Bryne a little bit itchy & scratchy a fruitful use of them. They're gonna do somethin big n exciting for sure.

I wouldn't mind them offing Mesaana, find her not that thrilling really.

BUT, they've got what a week til they die off, or something, and Mesaana should have at least one fun POV first, do something interesting.

I do think they'll kill somebody that we'll gasp over. Maybe Leane, or... who else is in the Tower that we really give a crap about?

Like, it's a needle, done real quick, 5 mins, you're toast. It's not an exciting way to kill characters, so they'd better be important characters. That's my tuppence worth, anyhoo...

I wouldn't mind them offing Mesaana, find her not that thrilling really.

BUT, they've got what a week til they die off, or something, and Mesaana should have at least one fun POV first, do something interesting.

I do think they'll kill somebody that we'll gasp over. Maybe Leane, or... who else is in the Tower that we really give a crap about?

Maybe they'll kill Verin again?

Archived