DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tuon and the Seanchan (Full Book Spoilers)

Luckers

That style of helmet was apparently the norm for regular soldiers during the War of Power, and apparently it was what remained with the Seanchan after the breaking. I doubt this would be the thing mainly because I don't think I ever saw it remotely discussed and I think that whatever the unnoticed thing is, there should have been at least one discussion.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that her main targer now will be Rand himself (prophecies). In that, a surprise attack utilizing Traveling (Rand does not know that Seanchan have Traveling now) may just work in their favor. Capturing the DR could also put his empire in disarray and aid Seanchan in continuing to nibble on their opponents.

Of course, capturing the DR tends to backfire for the perpetrators (see Dumai's Wells, Far Madding, Semirhage...) - which could just neatly lead to the fulfillment of the DR/Seanchan prophecy (the real one presumably)...

This would actually allow both the "kneel before the crystal throne" and "bind the nine moons" prophesies to both come true. They gate in catch Rand. Tuon uses our friend the domination band on Rand but since she's empress and stuff she puts on both bracelets and makes Rand kneel. Then a few days later due to that feedback issue...  ;D

That style of helmet was apparently the norm for regular soldiers during the War of Power, and apparently it was what remained with the Seanchan after the breaking. I doubt this would be the thing mainly because I don't think I ever saw it remotely discussed and I think that whatever the unnoticed thing is, there should have been at least one discussion.

It may not be the BIG thing, but i highly doubt that RJ would have made that kind reference unless it has some bigger significant meaning, not his style at all. When Coumin sees the soldier RJ really focused in on just the helmet.

It may not be the BIG thing, but i highly doubt that RJ would have made that kind reference unless it has some bigger significant meaning, not his style at all. When Coumin sees the soldier RJ really focused in on just the helmet.

It could have been just a style that remained in use in that part of the world after the breaking, up until Luthair Pendragon arrived and started to conquer.

I dunno, I could be wrong. It just seems to me that RJ was really trying to get something across here. Never anywhere else in the whole series do you hear about insectile helms except for that little part and any time he wants to relay the point that a new person or soldier in the book is Seanchan.

It could have been just a style that remained in use in that part of the world after the breaking, up until Luthair Pendragon arrived and started to conquer.

Here is a long shot. Fortuona, Tuon, whatever you wanna call her dies. Making the Prince of the Ravens the first Seanchan Emperor in many centuries. Hahaha, can you imagine Mat as an Emporer?

If Tuon dies, Mat should get together with Birgitte. They can hang out and talk about old times (The Trolloc Wars, Artur Hawkwing, etc.).

So, fancloth is pretty big thing too then.

We saw it there, and they focused on that.

The BUT is fancloth.

:P We saw both fancloth and the Helmets before book 4.

He didn't focus on the fancloth, that wasn't the point. The point was that he focused on the helmet when he very well could of had your run-of-the-mill soldier with no helmet on. Jordan made it a point to show that the soldier was wearing this very distinct helm...why? Jordan is not the kind of writer to just throw something in like for no apparent reason. For that matter why would he need a soldier there period? He was trying to make a point of something when he described the man.

So, fancloth is pretty big thing too then.

We saw it there, and they focused on that.

The BUT is fancloth.

:P We saw both fancloth and the Helmets before book 4.

I saw...

>.>

I tried to rip.

:D

Apart from lack of discussion, why would an artefact which is standard issue for 100,000+ soldiers suddenly become important?

I only see it as a remnant left over from the AoL. A lot of the Light's army apparently survived the breaking in Seanchan and they fought Shadowspawn for the Aes Sedai that survived the breaking as well. The armies just started to transfer their allegiance to Hawkwing's rule once the surviving Aes Sedai were collared. Thus their armor probably just stayed the same and never changed.

I'm sorry if I'm getting in the middle of some discussion. I also didn't read this entire thread, but I did a search that came up empty, so let me ask a question:

Do you think the Seanchan are really superstitious with all their omens? The conversations Tuon and Mat had on the subject made me think. Indeed, a lot of what Mat said sounded like superstition. I was trying to figure out what portion of that we absolutely know to be fact, and what parts that we accepted until now might only be folklore (like rats spying for the DO, for example. We did witness some odd behavior by ravens, though, for whatever that's worth). And on the other hand, did we actually see any of Tuon's omens turn out to be false? Perhaps there's truth to their so-called 'superstition'?

Perhaps there's truth to their so-called 'superstition'?

Can't find the RJ quote on that right now, but it said someting similar to this:

Omens are the mundane way of reading of the pattern.

Min's viewings are the actual reading of the pattern.

I'm sorry if I'm getting in the middle of some discussion. I also didn't read this entire thread, but I did a search that came up empty, so let me ask a question:

Do you think the Seanchan are really superstitious with all their omens? The conversations Tuon and Mat had on the subject made me think. Indeed, a lot of what Mat said sounded like superstition. I was trying to figure out what portion of that we absolutely know to be fact, and what parts that we accepted until now might only be folklore (like rats spying for the DO, for example. We did witness some odd behavior by ravens, though, for whatever that's worth). And on the other hand, did we actually see any of Tuon's omens turn out to be false? Perhaps there's truth to their so-called 'superstition'?

I think all of their omens come true, at least they have so far. In all of RJ's WOT books, what a person thinks or says is almost always correct. No coincidences no bad fortellings and such.

Archived