DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Perfect Ending to the series

TalonSpiritCat

I mean, it's so blindingly obvious.

"The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend.  Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.  The wind was not the ending.  In one Age, called the Fourth Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind swirled and died above the great mountain known as Dragonmount.  The wind was not the ending  There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.  But it was an ending."

Thats pretty good but I think RJ would do something like this.

"The time between the tremors was getting smaller and smaller. Cracks were rupturing on the landscapes. Molten hot rock bubbles up to the surface. Shiatan is dead. The Creator is dead. Everyone was dead. A razor thin line that seemed to drink in all of the light and warmth of the land appeared in front of Bela. It opened revealing a new world. She lazily sauntered over to the next world while contemplating the finality of her absolute victory, she was struck by something she did not see. She lost her footing and stumbled. As she was consumed by red hot rock, Pips gazed soberly. The blacked strips of flesh pealing of off her corpse. Nothing is absolute thought pips as his own gate way appeared. He new this was not the end. The wheel was still intact. He and Bela, had fought this fight countless time before, but he knew that they would meet again. "

Very nice Rankai if just a little unlikly :P

What I think would be great would be, if after the actual ending, there was a section of short, fan written alternative endings which have been cherry picked to 5 or so. It would really incourage people to come up with fantastic endings if they knew they had a chance of it going in the book.

There were past threads that discussed the end of this series.

The most probable end of the series I think would be one of these:

-Birth of Elayne's twins

-Birth of Aviendha's quadruplets

-Rand's second death (if Tarmon Gaidon is his first)

It wont end with Rand dying. It will end with happiness and love all around. Aes Sedai and Asha'man will be equals, Rand will live as supreme ruler of the world, or at least most of it (directly and indirectly). and everyone will be happy.

Thats pretty good but I think RJ would do something like this.

"The time between the tremors was getting smaller and smaller. Cracks were rupturing on the landscapes. Molten hot rock bubbles up to the surface. Shiatan is dead. The Creator is dead. Everyone was dead. A razor thin line that seemed to drink in all of the light and warmth of the land appeared in front of Bela. It opened revealing a new world. She lazily sauntered over to the next world while contemplating the finality of her absolute victory, she was struck by something she did not see. She lost her footing and stumbled. As she was consumed by red hot rock, Pips gazed soberly. The blacked strips of flesh pealing of off her corpse. Nothing is absolute thought pips as his own gate way appeared. He new this was not the end. The wheel was still intact. He and Bela, had fought this fight countless time before, but he knew that they would meet again. "

^^

It wont end with Rand dying. It will end with happiness and love all around. Aes Sedai and Asha'man will be equals, Rand will live as supreme ruler of the world, or at least most of it (directly and indirectly). and everyone will be happy.

No happiness for Rand would be going back to Emond's field and being a shepherd. Perrin would become a blacksmith and Mat will travel the world drinking it up.

I don't think we'll get any long happy endings. One of the quotes from the Fourth Age heavily implies that the alliances and truces Rand forges break apart after Tarmon Gaidon and the world is torn asunder by more wars than you can shake a stick at.

The first one is actually very good, second only to the Pips and Bela ending, of course.

What I think would be great would be, if after the actual ending, there was a section of short, fan written alternative endings which have been cherry picked to 5 or so. It would really incourage people to come up with fantastic endings if they knew they had a chance of it going in the book.

Now that's unlikely.

Now that's unlikely.

Why not? It's what Rowling did with The Deathly Hallows.  :P

:D i was thinking about this last night.  what i think the perfect epilouge would be for the very last book MoL.  and in thinking of the perfect epilouge, i'm reminded of Rands last vision in Ruehdain, seeing the bore being creadted in the DO's prison.

it would be 4000 yrs into the future, the 7th Age, a new Age of Legends with jo cars and such.  we would have new characters of course.  and it would show us the new Forsaken boring a whole, once again, into the prison of the DO.

this would be the perfect ending to the a series.  it has always been stressed that this is a battle that is never ending and has been fought time and time again, and it sort of brings the story full circle.

:D i was thinking about this last night.  what i think the perfect epilouge would be for the very last book MoL.  and in thinking of the perfect epilouge, i'm reminded of Rands last vision in Ruehdain, seeing the bore being creadted in the DO's prison.

it would be 4000 yrs into the future, the 7th Age, a new Age of Legends with jo cars and such.  we would have new characters of course.  and it would show us the new Forsaken boring a whole, once again, into the prison of the DO.

this would be the perfect ending to the a series.  it has always been stressed that this is a battle that is never ending and has been fought time and time again, and it sort of brings the story full circle.

Not sure if the series would end like this.

And the mentioned detail might be longer than a paragraph (which the original poster intends for this thread to be about).

If this series ends like this, it might be better for the people to have vague identities and for the technology to not be mentioned.

Rand stumbles down the slopes, often falling on the loose rocks.  Looking back he can see the path of blood behind him, leading back up the mountain.  He laughs at himself, seeing prophesy fulfilled.  He realizes even more, that the bloody trek truly lead all the way back home, to the farm he grew up on.

Falling to his knees, a coughing fit takes him.  The blood spraying from his mouth the last thing he sees as his eyes darken and the pain recedes.  Finally, Rand thinks, I can finally set the mountain of duty down.  Death truly is lighter then a feather.

Yet he has new sensation.  A gentle prodding, a shaking of his head. “Let me be in peace, my duty is over.”  It continues, becoming ever more insistent.  As if from far away, “Pips, wake up dear.  It is time to get to work.” He thinks, what new torment is this.  As if thrown into an icy river he sits bolt up right.  Scared, looking around not understanding what he is seeing.  A stout but pleasant looking woman sits on the bed next to him.  “Who under the light are you?” he screams at her.  

“Now you get your tail out of bed NOW!  If you are late for work again, the crew foreman is going to fire you!”  She pulls him out of bed, tossing cloths at him.

“But who are . . .” things seem to be coming back to him. “Bela, what is going on?  I am so confused”  His wife looks oddly at him.  “I had this dream.  I was someone else, and you were there, but you were a horse and . . .” he trails off seeing horror and hatred coming into his wifes face.  He knew this was never going to work.  As the dream receded, and his real life filled his thoughts again he sighed.  “Never mind, it was just a dream.”  He hurriedly pulls on his cloths and runs out the door to get into his car.

His wife follows him out. “Pips, I tell you.  Get these crazy dreams under control or I am leaving you !” she says.  Pulling away from the house, he ponders the fading memories of the dream.  He seems to remember someone saying that life is a dream, one we all must wake from.  He shudders.  These dreams are horrible.  He is going to have to go back to that doctor.  It just was never much help.  It just seemed to bring everything further into the open, not farther from his thoughts like he wants.

A horn blares, and Pips looks up expectantly as if expecting some host of friends.  An out of control city bus is coming straight for him.  He has just a second to feel that he was meant for something more.

I WIN AGAIN LEWIS THERIN !!

:D i was thinking about this last night.  what i think the perfect epilouge would be for the very last book MoL.  and in thinking of the perfect epilouge, i'm reminded of Rands last vision in Ruehdain, seeing the bore being creadted in the DO's prison.

it would be 4000 yrs into the future, the 7th Age, a new Age of Legends with jo cars and such.  we would have new characters of course.  and it would show us the new Forsaken boring a whole, once again, into the prison of the DO.

this would be the perfect ending to the a series.  it has always been stressed that this is a battle that is never ending and has been fought time and time again, and it sort of brings the story full circle.

Not sure if the series would end like this.

And the mentioned detail might be longer than a paragraph.

If this series ends like this, it might be better for the people to have vague identities and for the technology to not be mentioned.

if you read my post again, you will see i said perfect epilouge  which can be from a paragraph to a few pages long.  never said it woudl only be a paragraph ;)

kinda like how the prolouge in EotW began with LTT and the breakings...  the series ends with a prolouge about a new bore being driven into the DO's prison a few Ages in the future

Archived