DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So TGS is out next Tuesday...

el Nynaeve

Got any plans for the day? ;D

I'm going to get mine from Waterstone's. Fortunately there's a Starbuck's right next door so I'm going to get a gingerbread latte, go home and read the day away. My hubby is going to be so annoyed he'll have to do all the washing up and the dinner. :D

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not buying the book till the 28th, the day after.  Because that's the day I'll be in Chicago at the book signing, BEING A STORM LEADER AND HAVING DINNER WITH BRANDON SANDERSON!  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D

*dances around*

I'm so excited!  I'm gonna buy the book at the bookstore that's hosting the signing.  And...I have a week left to obtain somewhere around $70... >.>

For each one of the book tour events, Dragonmount will be recruiting approximately 4-5 Storm Leaders. Storm Leaders will get the rare opportunity to meet with Brandon and/or possibly Harriet in a casual setting before the actual book signing. Typically this will be at a nearby coffee shop, restaurant, or inside the bookstore cafe. Food and drinks will be provided, so there’s no cost to you. You’ll get the opportunity to meet with Brandon (and/or Harriet), and discuss whatever you guys like. You can also get your books signed and personalized in advance. The amount of time you’ll have to hang out will vary from city to city depending on Brandon’s schedule, but right now we’re estimating that it will be about an hour. And, of course, you’ll receive an Official Collector’s Edition 2009 Gathering Storm Tour T-shirt. (Oh yeah)

In return for this opportunity, we’re going to put you to work. Each of the Storm Leaders will be asked to help document the event in different ways. Some Storm Leaders will take photos. Another will take notes and do a blog write-up for DM to share with the wider community. Some will hand out promotional material to people standing in line. If the bookstore needs help organizing lines, a Storm Leader will be there to help. If Harriet needs a glass of water, a Storm Leader will be there to take care of that. If Brandon sneezes, a Storm Leader will … nevermind. You get the idea.

Another important task for some of the Storm Leaders will be to get involved on our message boards, and on our Facebook group to help promote the event. We’ll probably ask that each “team” of Storm Leaders get together in person at the bookstore once before the event in order to work out the logistics and delegate tasks to be in charge of. You’ll be provided with a packet of more detailed guidelines once the teams are assembled.

Just had to apply. ;D  You could've done it, too, if you'd wanted to.  Anyone who wanted could apply.  Too late now, though. :P

Archived