DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand needs his hand back

Lord Monty

I notice you excluded my mention of Olver sneaking along. Are you thinking then that only the three will end up going? Olver must serve some purpose in the books. It's that thing about if there's a rifle over the mantle at the beginning of the story, it better be used by the end. :D I keep going back to Mat's thoughts about Snakes & Foxes . . .

Didn't Moiraine say something  to the effect of "if anyone but you, Thom and one other person goes the mission will fail"?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice you excluded my mention of Olver sneaking along. Are you thinking then that only the three will end up going? Olver must serve some purpose in the books. It's that thing about if there's a rifle over the mantle at the beginning of the story, it better be used by the end. :D I keep going back to Mat's thoughts about Snakes & Foxes . . .

Didn't Moiraine say something  to the effect of "if anyone but you, Thom and one other person goes the mission will fail"?

Exactly.  Only 3 can come.  If Olver comes then he has to come as the 3rd person.  As for Olver's place in WoT, I can't say.  He obviously has one but considering how normal he seems, it's hard to say what

Courage to strengthen, fire to blind, music to dazzle, iron to bind.

Interesting that there are four you list but Moiraine says only 3 may come--no more, no less. So we have Thom, Mat, Noal, and . . . Olver (sneaking along)? Which would he be of the above four? Besides bringing Moraine back, will this trip do anything to further Rand's cause?

Maybe Moiraine is the fourth herself.

I think Moiraine will help Rand learn to trust Aes Sedai.

I HATE how Egwene talks about Rand. Seriously, he's unselfishly gone through 10 types of hell just because he HAS to save the world, even if it kills him in the process and she actually dares to talk about him like he's some sort of selfish maniac who needs to be "controlled"? I mean sure, he's made some mistakes here and there but still that in no way means that her opinions on him is justified.

(Oh and HAI everyone! :D Not been on here for a while)

Courage to strengthen, fire to blind, music to dazzle, iron to bind.

Interesting that there are four you list but Moiraine says only 3 may come--no more, no less. So we have Thom, Mat, Noal, and . . . Olver (sneaking along)? Which would he be of the above four? Besides bringing Moraine back, will this trip do anything to further Rand's cause?

Maybe Moiraine is the fourth herself.

I think Moiraine will help Rand learn to trust Aes Sedai.

I think Moiraine will be dangerous if she comes back out. I don't know why, but I have that feeling, however wrong it might be. Why would she spend time in that place where Lanfear was killed (and brought back by the Dark One) and live to tell the tale and be good to boot? Nope, I think not, but... Perhaps Rand will get his hand back from her. Maybe that Tower is where all things missing go.

Maybe that Tower is where all things missing go.
So they'll be wandering around, and then Noal exclaims, "that's my sock. I was wondering what had happened to that. And some loose change." Mat, Noal, look at this: we've hit the motherlode. Pens! Pens by the thousand.!

Maybe that Tower is where all things missing go.
So they'll be wandering around, and then Noal exclaims, "that's my sock. I was wondering what had happened to that. And some loose change." Mat, Noal, look at this: we've hit the motherlode. Pens! Pens by the thousand.!

Hahahahah! yes, I had socks in mind when I posted that.  :D I remember seeing an episode of Ren & Stimpy where they went to the dimension of lost things.. ;)

Ares said something that made me laugh =O

Quick run the world is ending!

Where to? The world is ending.
Another world of course. Silly you.

Hahahahah! yes, I had socks in mind when I posted that. :D I remember seeing an episode of Ren & Stimpy where they went to the dimension of lost things.. ;)
Of ocurse, the one problem with this theory is that they have to enter via the Tower, not by falling down the back of the settee.

Hmmm . . .

Purley is a place in the London Borough of Croydon. It is a suburban development situated 11.7 miles (18.8 km) south of Charing Cross. The name derives from "pirlea", which means 'Peartree lea'. Purley has a population of about 72,000.

Last time we saw him he was getting his sorry butt killed. Hopefully that will be what happens to the DO. Or is the DO a godlike thingy and can't be killed but only contained?

I am guessing that if the Dark One was killed/destroyed/wasn't there no more it would be as unbalancing and dangerous as if the DO won. The Creator sealed the DO away at the moment of creation. So the way it's "supposed to be" is the DO sealed, not the DO destroyed. Either because the good vs. evil thing requires that there be a force and counterforce, or the Creator did it on purpose as a constant struggle for humanity.

While philosophically I would subsribe more to the first, the second explanation is probably the one that makes the most sense for the series.

Hmmm... All things lost from all ages....  "Hey look, what's that big shiny thing with moving pictures on it?" 

One thing that WoT could use is a nice little situation that goes as follows:  Person A balefires person B, person C balefires person A, and then person B balefires person C.  (Exchange whatever names you want with persons a,b,and c.) Then we have a paradox of incalculable proportions.

But running to another world is only possible for you-know-who.
Voldemort?
No, Gratch. Terrys only original idea.
I thought he also had an evil chicken that is not a chicken?

That derived from RJ having a bird watching Rand Mat and Perrin in EotW. Old Tez old pal felt that he "understood" the illicit promise that birds are both sinister and intelligent in all forms in Wheel of Time and his compulsion to steal saw him take it too far with the involvement of chicken, only to be shocked and horrified with the realization that what he stole just didnt fit with what he already had. Poor bloke.

P.S. That chicken was called a Lurk. Hahahaha

Archived