DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A New Arrival {Attn. Jozan & a Sage, then OTA}

Asfaloth

Continuing from "You're No Longer Alone"

Any other day they would have made camp to rest already but Burrich knew they were close and the extra hour or so of hiking wouldn't do them any harm.  Silent, nearly-invisible sentries observed their passage and sent word ahead, seen by Burrich only because he knew where to look from his own turns serving sentry duty.  A short while later he felt the now familiar tingle across his skin as the five weary travelers crossed the unseen boundary and entered the Stedding.

Burrich noticed Cerise's reaction to the sensation and chuckled, "Welcome to the Stedding, home of the Wolfkin.  We'll get you checked out by one of the Sages and then I'll bring you to the inn and introduce you to some of the others."

As they neared the infirmary people and wolves came out to see the new Wanderer but none approached yet.  By unspoken custom they would wait until she'd been looked over and officially welcomed to the kin.  Most of these, if they were free of other responsibilities, would head to the inn and await the newcomer there.

OOC: Cerise, go ahead and post your reactions but we'll need a Sage to post before we move on.  After that anyone else can enter this thread if they want.

Aislyn stood at the entrance to the infirmary awaiting the new arrival. She'd had word an hour since so had plenty time to make sure there was ample food and bedding available for the newcomer. Newcomer's usually were both hungry and thirsty and often in need of a hot bath and a comfy bed so she'd also arranged for hot water to be available. She ran through the arrangements in her mind as she waited, making sure she hadn't forgotten anything vital. Once she had assured herself that all was in order she set her mind to wondering what this newcomer would be like, whether they'd settle in quickly or take time to adjust. Everyone was different and Aislyn was sure that, come what may, she was prepared.

She stood watching the party approach and smiled a welcome to them, then raised her voice and spread her arms in a welcoming gesture. "Welcome, welcome. Please come in, all of you. I've fresh baked bread and hot soup waiting. I'm sure you're all hungry and want to sit down." So saying she stepped inside the door and gestured towards the sitting room where apprentices were already setting out trays of food.

• 2 weeks later...

Cerise was showed to the infirmary by Burrick and a lady called "Aislyn" There were baked bread and other foods placed upon a table in the middle of the room. She seemed to have been expected as in they seemed to know she would be coming, which of course got her thinking to herself how they could know that. She slowly sat down and looked around a bit and then started by taking a small bite of the baked bread lying on the plate in front of her. It tasted warm and quite delicious, she hadn't eaten much for many hours, since Burrick had found her alone in the woods. And now here she was with complete strangers she knew nothing about, eating baked bread and drinking water they had put fourth just for her. Cerise glanced a bit at Burrick who still hadn't sat down as he was still standing at the opening of the tent. "Thank you! Who made these breads? they are delicious." Her voice trailed off after she had said the last word, and well her voice was still quite weak.

She clapped her companion who had laid down beside her, just as she kind of expected 'Rain' to have done. Then she turned and looked at Aislyn and said with a calm but still weak voice "I don't know why I am here but..can you tell me about all of these things that's been happening to me for the last few days now." She wore a curious and a bit questionable face.

• 4 weeks later...

The heat of the oven's in the Infirmary's kitchen was a welcome relief from the cold that had settled into the outside world. Winter had volenteered to help out with the cooking for the day, as he had never really cooked before, and had been given the task of helping make bread dough.

Forest was out of the way in one of the corners. They had been talking for a while now about perhaps moving out of the house they were currently staying in, and perhaps building a cabin of their own.

"But where would we build it sister?" Winter asked for what was perhaps the third time.

"I do not know, that is up to you and the other of your kind, I do not mess with your kinds affairs." She said with what could only be interreted as a paitent maner, "When my kind needs a new den we just go find one."

Winter was about to protest to this when he saw someone walk in through the front door down the hallway from the kitchen.

"It would seem someone new has come to the stedding Sister." He said.

"I know, perhaps we will get to meet her." Forest said, then with what felt like a smile in the picture Forest sent him, "It might be best to pay attention to what you are doing young one, one of the apprentices is giveing you an interesting look."

Winter looked down to find he has topped working the dough and had just been standing there talking with Fofrest. Slightly embarrised he went back to work.

John Winterwinds and Forest Shadow.

Working.

Aislyn smiled and spoke gently. "Thank you for the compliment. I try and bake whenever I can, i find it relaxing. As to what's being happening to you, I won't go into too much detail now, you need rest and sustenance more than knowledge at the moment unless I mistake it." She paused wondering where to begin. She never found it easy to explain, and she'd seen all kinds of reactions from outright denial to shock and anger, to awe and acceptance. No two had been the same.

She took a deep breath and began. "You have been experiencing what we call the Howling. You may have found that your eyesight is sharper, that you can smell more than most and certainly hear things others cannot." She paused and studied the girl in front of her. "Some people begin to have dreams, vivid dreams of Wolves and hunting. Has any of these happened to you yet?" She spoke gently, keeping her voice calm and unhurried, "Don't worry if they have, you are safe here and are amongst people who have been through the same as you, you're not alone".

Aislyn

Explaining things

• 10 months later...