DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fringe Season 2 - Fox Thursday 9pm

Mendorah

Starting the thread for the new season of Fringe.  I'm gonna have to re-watch it before I really comment because I missed a lot.  I wish this show was on at 10pm.  That would make it 9pm for me and I would be settled and finished with dinner and I could watch it X-Files style from college.  Turn out all the lights and shut out the world so I can really soak it in.  Last season Hulu carried Fringe.  This season I don't see it listed though.  That makes me sad.  I like it when I can fall back on Hulu if I miss something!

Man...they opened the can of worms at the end of last season and then the beginning of this season was just a full-on dig into the heart of that can. 

Really loved how hard core in your face they got with the 'impossibilities', however; given what's happening with Defying Gravity, I will be very upset if this turns away enough of the audience to get this show cancelled. 

On the bright side, if it does, it's probably got enough of a following to show up on another network within a year and continue going for several.

To be a little more specific though...

I still completely heart Joshua Jackson. 

I still get a kick out of Walter with his little eccentricities.

And I'm oddly happy about that kiss between what's Nina Sharp and Agent Broyles.

I was also glad to see that Agent Broyles actually wants to stand behind his people...sometimes he was such a hard ass last season I wanted to see him gone.

SAD SAD SAD about Charlie  :(

The first thing I thought...

Did I see that ending right?  That should make for a very interesting season.

So far I think the show started off with a bang.

I too hate this was moved to Thursday.  I worry what will happen when all the Thurs night shows return.  Since the wife doesn't watch this, it might move to a netflix and not DVR.  I gotta check and see what is on Demand first.

You know, this is silly, but I'm actually considering writing Fox a letter admonishing them for moving it to Thursdays and suggesting a move to Tuesday at 10.  It's a very Fox-like move to shift a great show to a Fail timeslot.  I don't want to lose this show.  I know my one little letter will be a drop in the bucket that they will likely not pay any attention to, but it would make me feel better.  Unless things progress within the next year such that the ratings measurement is changed to count online and DVR views.  Or if they Really want to know what people thing, they'll troll message boards, like this one, where people really discuss what is good and what isn't.  Then I won't worry so much about cancellation.  Somehow I don't see that happening though.

Yep, I watched it on Hulu this morning *sigh of relief* Still mad about it being on Thursday though, now I watch, like, 5 shows on Thursday nights. Ugh.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty great premiere! Certainly is this episode is any indication, this season will be exciting. And oh my gosh, I forgot how much I love Walter and his craziness. I think he's secretly why I watch this show :P

Yeah, when Peter and Olivia were still trying to find their stride as characters, Walter was Absolutely the best character to watch!  I mean, all the cool stuff was there, but the characters hadn't really gelled yet.  Except Walter.  He's been perfect since the beginning.

I LOVE where they're taking Peter's character!  I hope they make due on this promise that he's going to take charge more instead of just being Walter's babysitter.  And I'm intrigued about this new agent.  Is she going to be a help of a hinderance?  She's a "believer", but what kind?  Is she an "end of times" believer?  That's kind of what they're hinting at with that bible scene.  I want to know more about her.  It's funny, now I'm so spoiled on character flashbacks, I want a total history flashback on her!

Tonight:

Night of Desirable Objects

Written by Jeff Pinkner (“Lost”) & J.H. Wyman (“Keen Eddie”)

The Fringe team travels to Pennsylvania to investigate an underground tunnel full of human remains. Meanwhile, Walter experiments using frogs to travel between realities.

Next Thursday:

Fracture

Written by David Wilcox (“Star Trek: Enterprise”)

Peter, Olivia, and Walter race against time to investigate the bombing of a train station. Walter discovers something unusual about the human remains.

Oct. 1:

Momentum Deferred

Written by Ashley Miller & Zack Stenz ("The Sarah Connor Chronicles")

Agent Dunham, still recovering from her traumatic visit to the alternate reality, is given a concoction by Walter to help her remember. Another woman being experimented on by Walter is introduced. Meanwhile the Fringe team look into a series of robberies that are linked to shapeshifting.

You know, this is silly, but I'm actually considering writing Fox a letter admonishing them for moving it to Thursdays and suggesting a move to Tuesday at 10.  It's a very Fox-like move to shift a great show to a Fail timeslot.  I don't want to lose this show.   I know my one little letter will be a drop in the bucket that they will likely not pay any attention to, but it would make me feel better. 

I would sign that letter as well.  Seriously.

And I'd just like to take this short space to say that I love Olivia Dunham.  And her outfit at the Emmys.  Mmmmm.

I jumped so high at the monster attacking Olivia, I scared the crap out of my cat!  Hahahaha!

This episode was an obvious copy of X-Files, a little more than the past eps, but I loved it.  The small continuing bits concerning the characters' lives help to give the show its own spin.

Walter asking to go fishing made me all misty eyed.

So Olivia has a super power that comes and goes as it pleases?  Sucks to be her.  Especially since super hearing is not really a super power most people would wish for.  I'm anxious to see how it fleshes out with what happened to her in the alternate universe.

Definitely interested in finding out more about the whole 'super-hearing' thing, especially to find out what else might have awakened on the other side.  What's interesting though is the fact that she was messed with as a child by Walter and the other genius (played by Leonard Nimoy) so what's awakened may be something that's been latent since then and have nothing to do with the actual trip between universes.

I really want them to delve further into the idea that Peter is adopted from the other universe as well.

The monster thing sucked...not so much the story, because mixing scorpion and (possibly) mole-rat into the dna as a fetus and then ending up with a super fast digging and venom producing birth is kinda cool, but the look of the offspring was just very cheap to me.

Still upset about Charlie.  I liked him. :(

• 5 months later...

Entertainment Weekly reports that Fox has renewed "Fringe" for a third season.

J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are behind the show, which stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown and Jasika Nicole.

"Fringe" has been averaging 7.6 million viewers in its tough Thursday slot and is ranked No. 50 in the 18-49 demographic.

The show returns with new episodes starting on April 1st.

Archived