DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Recipe Challenge in honor of Kathana!

Mendorah

Attention White Tower!  It is my pleasure to announce that the Gray Ajah is hosting a Recipe Challenge in honor of Kathana Sedai's service as Amyrlin Seat. 

The rules for this challenger are below.  Cairos and I will be judging each recipe and we will announce the winners by the last day of the honorific extravaganzza.  Please have your entries in to us by Sept 28.  Please direct all questions to Mendorah and Cairos at the submission e-mail.

Recipe Challenge:

I. Categories

A.  Recipe Submission

1.  Original/Family Recipe Division

2. Open Recipe Division

B. Video Submissions

II. Rules: 

A.  Recipe submissions must be forwarded to Mendorah Sedai and Cairos Sedai at (foodchallenge.dm@gmail.com).  Recipes must be in standard recipe form with measurements and ingredient lists.  Photos of process are allowed, but not required.  If using a family recipe without measurements, please provide some sort of measurement system so cook(s) can decipher how the dish is to be made.  Sources for recipes are required.  If recipe is original, state “original recipe.”  If recipe is partially original, but inspired by a recipe you saw somewhere else, please state where you got the inspiration for the recipe.

1. Original/Family Recipe Division entries are described as recipes which are original and not copied from a website or cookbook, or a recipe handed down from your family that was also not copied from a website or cookbook.  Similarities are allowed, but recipes must have enough differences to be called your own.

2. Open Recipe Division is open to any recipe you like.  This includes directly copying a favorite recipe from a TV show, magazine, website, or cookbook.

B.  Video submissions must be forwarded to Mendorah Sedai and Cairos Sedai at (foodchallenge.dm@gmail.com).  Video submissions are described as presentations of an entrant making their recipe on camera similar to any cooking show demonstration.  As this division will be based more on presentation, the source of the recipe is not judged and thus not required.

IV. Award Categories:

A.  Recipe Submissions

1.  Original/Family Division

a.  Best Original Recipe

b.  Best Family Recipe

c.  Most Original Concept

2. Video Submission

a.  Best Presentation

b.  Best Recipe

c.  Most Entertaining

V. Certificates will be presented to each participant.  Awards Certificates will be presented to each winner. 

I need help with eggplant this week, if that inspires anyone. I haven't made it in years, and I'm actually not sure if I like it. I'm thinking eggplant Parmesan, so I can have pasta and salad to go with it if I decide its nasty.

Fried eggplant is wicked. Generally speaking you cut it into thin slices... you throw a bit of salt on the pieces and leaves it for half a day or so in a bowl (if possible, in a sunny spot in the kitchen). That dries it up nicely... it's no fun when it's all greasy. Then you just fry it in a pan. It's REALLY good.

If this is something obvious that all people know..... then I apologize for the dummy talk... but I didn't know how to make it till I was shown so... yeah :)

Nyn

Stir fry is also a major win with Eggplant.  Although it's the third on my list.  1 & 2 being fried and roasted respectively.

Ooooh!  What about a stuffed eggplant?  Stuffed with quinoa or some other grain some red peppers, maybe zucchini, and smothered in cheese.  You could bake it.

I already ate it. =)

I did the eggplant parm I planned on, but i baked it instead of fried. It as alright. I'll try it again. I think I'm definitely doing the garlic sauce next week.

I'm trying to expand my palate for fruits and veggies. I've managed to change my mind about peaches and beets this year. I'm hoping eggplant will be next. Since I'm trying to have most of my diet come from fruits and veggies now, I need more stuff I can eat.

Archived