DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah’s “Happy Mail for Kath” Project

Daruya

As part of this month’s celebration of Kathana’s contribution to the WT, we are asking WT members to send Kath some happy mail!  Your happy mail could be a card, post card, letter, or even a gift if you like -- just a little something to let Kathana know how much you appreciate all that she has done for and given to this community!  We do ask, though, that you please send your happy mail so that it will arrive by October 3, if possible.  Not that us WT members are procrastinators or anything . . .  ;D  *clears throat nervously and looks furtive*

If you have access to the Great Hall, Kath’s address is available there.  If not, please PM me and I’ll see about getting it to you.

(Kath, if you read this and you want to specify a different address to send happy mail to, please post it here ASAP!)

I will be bumping this up regularly so we don’t drop off the board. 

Ready . . . set . . . HAPPY MAIL!!!!!

The address I posted on the Aes Sedai & Der'Manshima board is fine. Its not like any of you will show up at my house with bouquets of flowers or anything...Wait. Do I need to check Mystica's list again?

If you want to come and clean my house for me though, I won't complain. I'm throwing a bridal shower here on Saturday and I still have all my con stuff in the living room. =(

*sighs*  I'm just a hopeless case sometimes!  ;D

Ummm . . . Kath, about that house cleaning?  I think I'll have to take a raincheck this time.  I'm having my fingernails ripped out or washing my hair or something this week.  Maybe next time.  ;D

Besides, my motto is "horsework before housework." 

Horsework as in grooming (brushing), feeding, cleaning stalls/paddocks, etc.  Much more fun than house work because the horses appreciate it (the feeding and grooming anyway) and the house just sits there and shows no appreciation for my efforts!  ;D

agreed! I've finally figured out why I hate housewifing.... (only took me 39,5 years). It's nothing short of conveyer belt work. Ya' know with those endless streams of empty milk bottles filing past, getting filled, being labeled? No matter how many are done, there's always that much more to do. Same with housewifing. No matter how many dishes you clean, rooms you mop, laundry baskets you wash, meals you cook, the moment you turn your back thinking FINALLY it's done, there's another load of dishes, laundry to be done, stomach growling for food, floors that look like they haven't seen a mop in months.

I like a task to have an ending. A result. A clear and distinct finish. It's like carrying water to the sea in a flaming sift (or however it's called).  >:(

Exactly! I think I told Jimmy once that he was going to have to stop wearing clothes, because I was getting sick of washing them. It feels like the laundry basket is never ending.

*snortgiggle* How true!!! I'd rather pay someone to clean my apt, but it's EXPENSIVE, esp for such a tiny place. Argh! I've gotten to reading REAL SIMPLE magazine and reading SIMPLE blogs in order to cut down on how much time I'm spending doing stuff. And also we're starting to split the chores. (Newlyweds, you know.)

I do FlyLady off and on. More off than on lately. I like having a system for chunking, them prioritizing tasks. My poor ADHD addled brain gets so overwhelmed by the prospect of keeping the house clean that its nice to have that friendly, positive email telling me to go make my bed.

I have a "cartoon" in my office that reflects my life perfectly of late.

On it, a dragon rests against a tree, picking his (her?) teeth with a lance.  Scattered around the dragon are pieces of armor.  Smoke issues from the dragon's nostrils as it rests there, one hand on its belly as it digests its hard-won meal.  The caption on the picture reads: 

Remember

No matter how hard you work . . .

No matter how right you are . . .

Sometimes the Dragon Wins!

Lately, the dragon (real life) has been winning.  However, I finally succeeded in slaying one dragon and made my way to the post office at lunch today to get some happy mail off to Kathana.

Keep an eye open for it, Kath!  It should arrive this week, as it's only going from NW Florida to Georgia.  ;D  It's a small token of the Blue Ajah's esteem for you and all you have done for the WT here at DM!  I hope you enjoy it!

Archived