DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

VMA's

Almearafan

First off...I haven't watched the VMA's in a VERY LONG time.  However, I felt the need this year, mainly for the special performance at the beginning with Janet Jackson in honor of her brother Michael of course.

Well I ended up recording the whole thing, and then reading about some of the things that went down so Dale and I watched most of the thing so we could see the drama. 

Now normally I like Kanye West...he WAS one of the FIRST and ONLY rappers to ever call the rap community out on their homostupidity (I think I've mentioned before that I think the word homophobia is a misgnomer).  But his stunt on the VMA's was ludicrous and he should have known better.  He knows damn well that if someone had cut him off like that he would be ready to fight. 

RESPECT!!!  It has a place in this world, and it was nowhere near Kanye on Sunday night.

he disrespected a young woman and took away her victory, that was her first moonman. he disrespected the whole Michael Jackson tribute. it was disgusting. this has been like the third time he has done this. he has no excuse, none at all.

i was so glad when Beyonce invited her back up to go through with her speech. she showed real class imho.

i was so glad when Beyonce invited her back up to go through with her speech. she showed real class imho.

Agreed...I already liked Beyonce a good bit, but my respect more than doubled for her after that.  And Dale didn't really like her that much at all, but his went way up too.

Kanye has always been a joke to me because he calls himself "the voice of a generation" and how much he puffs himself up.  He's a joke and a gay fish.  He is an incredible hypocrite as he started out touting himself as God-loving guy and now sings about the opposite of that. 

Anyways...

What he did from Taylor was absolutely ridiculous, rude, and a dick move.  He stole her thunder and embarrassed her on national tv.  He also embarrassed Beyonce.  I wanted to slam him to the ground and punch him multiple times...and then run before his posse got there.

• Community Administrator

Humility may be a virtue when found in lesser beings, but for people like me it is just awfully inconvenient.

You can't be a scientist with out humility. Else your no different then a Priest, Rabbi, Monk, Minister... Servent of Diaonisus.... ;)

Humility may be a virtue when found in lesser beings, but for people like me it is just awfully inconvenient.

Yes, I'm sure douchebags do find humility invonvenient.

Before you reply I must refer you to barmacral's signature.

Hehehe.

Speaking of douchebags, Kanye West quotes...

1. "I'm doing pretty good as far as geniuses go..."

2. "I'm like a machine. I'm a robot. You cannot offend a robot..."

3. "I'm going down as a legend, whether or not you like me or not. I am the new Jim Morrison. I am the new Kurt Cobain..."

4. "They feel like, yo, you know 'he's got a God complex, because he said if they wrote the Bible again that he would be in it."

You can't be a scientist with out humility. Else your no different then a Priest, Rabbi, Monk, Minister... Servent of Diaonisus.... ;)

Good thing I am not a scientist then.

Except for that research I do when I study the effects of drinking huge amounts of alcohol, it is a pet project I do when I find some free time ;D

I suppose I'm the only one who found Kanye's antics terribly amusing.  I'm not going to defend what he did (since he won't man up and do it himself the job doesn't fall to me), but it was funny.  The only bad thing was that he apologized for it.  Own your actions Kanye.  I think too many people are ashamed of being straight up pricks, and that is unfortunate. 

Secondly, Kanye should have been beaten up.  Who walks up to a teenage girl who appears not to have a malicious bone in her body, snatches the microphone from her on argubuably one of the most important moments of her career and starts ranting drunkenly and gets away with it?

An incredibly soft room.  So in summation.  Shame on Kanye for apologizing, and shame on every dude in that room for not being real men.  The only real winner is whoever took Taylor Swift home after the show...

Smokin' hot.  And 19?

Nice.

JD,

Unapologetic prick

Archived