DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Canukistani or Far? Help? Please?

Jelly

I got this email...

Greetings

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here:

WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement

and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:

WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.

In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:

https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/authenticate.html

Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Account Administration

Blizzard Entertainment

I have never used World Of Warcraft...

1) DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IN THE EMAIL

2) Manually type in www.worldofwarcraft.com and log into your account and change the password.

3) call or email blizzard customer service

edit: didn't see that you never play wow.  in that case forward the email to blizzard customer service so they can track the horrible people.

Yes; this is called a phishing scam.  As a general rule of thumb if you get an e-mail from ANYWHERE (specifically banks, etc) either call up their number (DO NOT CALL THE NUMBER FROM THE E-MAIL) or go to their actual webpage (AGAIN DO NOT GO TO THE LINK THEY GIVE YOU) because they try to make it look legitimate.

Ah, alright... I did think it was some sort of scam but it even had the no-reply email address on it so I thought it could be real :-\ Never clicked the link, anyway :P My parents did however yell at me and tell me all the money I had in the bank was probably gone now, because I made an online bank account... ::)

Are these emails sent out at random, then? Or has someone used my email address to create an account?

I have gotten them from Paypal and my bank both... no matter what they say I always close out the email and type in the address in the bar at the top of the screen.  I heard awhile back about that scam.  Same if they call asking you for info.  They are your bank(or whatever) they HAVE your info.. they don't need to call you for it.

Archived