DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The True target of the Seanchan?

Jameric

Of course I do believe that one of their main goals in the White Tower attacks is of course the Elimination of the White Tower, which we all know will fail. The point I want to raise is, what I think their primary goal in the attack will be: the horn of valor.

Now since Turak had it, and we know Tuon knows it exsists and has been sounded. They also know their were Aes Sedia at Falme. So it is a possibility they have reasoned out where the horn has to be. And according to Tuon, the horn sounder is nearly as important as the dragon reborn in her book. Also I think it would make for a great story arc. It would give the Seanchan some leverage in the last battle. Rand would tell her its worthless to her without the one person who can use it. So some banter/negation back and forth. And then Tuon learned who sounded it. That would be epic, espeically if it was around the same time Rand learned who Tuon's husband is.

Purely conjecture, one possible way I think it might play out.

What do you think?

The Seanchan seem to not seek to destroy any building, but to bind all people to them.

There seems a slight chance that the Seanchan would figure out where the Horn is on their own.

The only people that know (or suspect White Tower) are the ones that had possession of it for a time.

At this time Rand does not even suspect that Tuon is married; not sure if it even would become rumor.

Most likely way for Rand to find out of the marriage is if he meets Mat and if Mat (or Mat's companions) spill it out.

Next likely way would be if Mat is brought up in Tuon's & Rand's meeting.

Rumours would probably reach Rand, presuming he doesn't immediately try to establish contact with Tuon again. Marriages of royalty are things that are proclaimed to every corner of the land, and I don't see why Seanchan would be different. I don't think, however, it would be likely that he learns it was Mat from those rumours. Most likely it would be something along the lines of "the Daughter of Nine Moons (Or perhaps I should say Empress?) married a local Lord."

I do agree that the story will be epic. Mat has had a growingly large place in my heart, especially since Rand picked up Depression as a trait. :P

I was always under the impression that the Seanchan will attack the White Tower purely because they believe that every woman who can chanel should be collared. I also think that they will all find out that they can learn to channel which in some way will spoil the invasion. It will be like the bleakeness with the Aiel.

Also, I dont think that Tuon will be involved in WT attack, it was probably already ordered by one of the Forsaken or a DF.

how would the seanchan even know the horn is there in the first place?

Turak had it in his possession with the attention of sending it back to the Emporess, all Seanchan know of Aes Sedia involvement at Falme, via Egwene destorying a squad of them having it out on the streets with the one power.

Its not to far of a stretch for them to think that the power that they see that "rules" this land, from there to have control of the Horn after it dis-appearance. Knowledge of the horn's exsistance to the ones currently in power could of came from a couple of possible sources.

But to be fair Turak could of been afraid of what others would do if they knew he had possession of the horn and could of kept its exsistance tight lipped. Of course Listeners might of discovered that. But anyway you look at it the Seanchan KNOW that horn has been found, and KNOW Aes Sedai were present at Falme. IMO their PoV could reason they wouldnt let such a power once revealed out of their grasp and might assume that they now have control of it. And where better to store such a legendary item but at the their seat of power, Tar Valon.

Thats just my line of reasoning. Dont change its still pure conjecture, but not an imcomplete possibility.

Even if the Seanchan figure out where the Horn is, I think it would be more probable that they would want the Horn sounder more than the Horn itself.

Rumours would probably reach Rand, presuming he doesn't immediately try to establish contact with Tuon again. Marriages of royalty are things that are proclaimed to every corner of the land, and I don't see why Seanchan would be different.

The Seanchan do not have a 'third person' that officiates their marriages.  And their wedding ceremonies could last up to a year.

The only way for Tuon's marriage to become rumor is if she (or the people she came back with) slips it out.

I was always under the impression that the Seanchan will attack the White Tower purely because they believe that every woman who can chanel should be collared.

That sort of thing was in my mind when I made my post.

Also, I dont think that Tuon will be involved in WT attack, it was probably already ordered by one of the Forsaken or a DF.

Tuon or Egeanin would need to be there; because those are the only 2 that could fit the description of Egwene's Dream.  (One of Egwene being rescued by an Seanchan woman that has a sword.)

The order would probably needed to come from a high ranking person if it was given; which would likely mean Suroth on her own or by Semirhage's biding.  Suroth's POV in Knife of Dreams Epilogue does not tell either; and it seems doubtful of that sort of thing being ignored.

Also, a number of Seanchan were sent to Tarabon to search for Rodel Ituralde earlier in the book (order given in the Prologue).

Seems most likely that the order to attack the White Tower is yet to come.

i don't think the forsaken ordered the attack because Galgan had been directing the armies basically. and i would think the woman that saves Egwene would be Tylee Khirgan as she has worked w/ non chained channelers and forces of non seanchan origin. working w/ Perrin might have opened her eyes? maybe a taveren influence? /shrug 

but if not Tylee i would have to say in the long shot it than would possibly be Shipless.

Most likely it would be something along the lines of "the Daughter of Nine Moons (Or perhaps I should say Empress?) married a local Lord."

to speak of the Prince of the Ravens so would lower their eyes.

Rumours would probably reach Rand, presuming he doesn't immediately try to establish contact with Tuon again. Marriages of royalty are things that are proclaimed to every corner of the land, and I don't see why Seanchan would be different.

The Seanchan do not have a 'third person' that officiates their marriages.  And their wedding ceremonies could last up to a year.

The only way for Tuon's marriage to become rumor is if she (or the people she came back with) slip it out.

Again, the Deathwatch Guards call Mat the Prince of the Ravens, and now that Tuon knows shes empress, well that probably stepped it up a notch for her hubby too, but even if not, its something that will be known.

Archived