DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand kneeling before the crystal throne...

i really hope Rand doesnt have to kneel to anyone
He doesn't, that wasn't a real Prophecy.
hope he blows Tuon away if she commands him to kneel
He won't. He needs her. He won't kneel, but he won't kill her just for saying it.
acc to me Tuon marrying Mat fulfills the 'binding the nine moons part'
It doesn't. Tuon is not bound to serve Rand yet. Mat may be the conduit through which that binding takes place, but as yet it hasn't, because Tuon is Empress - if anyone is bound to serve in that relationship, it is Mat.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't. Tuon is not bound to serve Rand yet. Mat may be the conduit through which that binding takes place, but as yet it hasn't, because Tuon is Empress - if anyone is bound to serve in that relationship, it is Mat.

you are wrong.  that part of the prophecy is already fufilled.  the prophecy was never about rand alone.

you are wrong.  that part of the prophecy is already fufilled.  the prophecy was never about rand alone.
That Prophecy is certainly not filled. The Nine Moons have not been bound to serve anyone as yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Crystal Throne could of been the Tamyrlin seat in the hall of the servant if its from the age of legends and wasnt made by a forsaken

why would a forsaken nd a chair to "inspires reverence and wonder" when they can compel some1

its either corrupted false or dark Prophecy

we know ishameal was hawkwings advisor

besides the Crystal Throne cant do much to effect rand imho

hes unbreakable

That Prophecy is certainly not filled. The Nine Moons have not been bound to serve anyone as yet.

I'm gonna side with Mr. Ares on this one. But I always lol at these arguments where people believe that their theories are 100% fact. As for the actual topic of this thread:

Maybe Rand will be trying to reach saidin when he meets Tuon, gets overcome with feeling sick and collapses to his knees *shrugs* job done

The more I've thought about this I think it is going to happen and it will be something along these lines. I can't think of one prophecy that has been fulfilled through a conscious attempt to do so. They always happen through some off the cuff action that is necessary at the time or through what seems like happenstance. There is never the "Behold!" moment, as we see Rand musing over at one point. It is exactly these type of events that become interpreted as prophecy fulfillment after the fact. Then as the story gets passed down through the generations the Behold! and lights from heaven, angels singing and all that get added in. I think he will kneel unintentionally in some way. Then he will get up and "bind the Nine Moons" to him.

This sounds a little too Terry Goodkind to me. I would hope that neither Robert Jordan nor Brandon Sanderson would ever write such a silly fulfillment of so important a prophecy. My personal opinion is that Rand will realize that the last battle has arrived and that the Sanchean still own half of Randland. Realizing this he decides that kneeling to the Crystal Throne is better than getting destroyed by the DO.

My personal opinion is that Rand will realize that the last battle has arrived and that the Sanchean still own half of Randland. Realizing this he decides that kneeling to the Crystal Throne is better than getting destroyed by the DO.

My personal opinion is that Rand will realize and/or believe that this particular prophecy is a false prophecy and that he will NOT kneel at all in any shape, form, or manner, to Empress Tuon.

right so you are saying a marriage is not a bond, at all.  that explains why so many people think marriage is useless.

This sounds a little too Terry Goodkind to me.
It would make a change for RJ to borrow from Goodkind, rather than the other way round.

right so you are saying a marriage is not a bond, at all.
That's not what I'm saying. It was not prophesied that he would bind the Nine Moons, but that he would bind the Nine Moons to serve him. "What does it mean that he shall bind the nine moons to serve him?" -The Dragon Reborn, The Hunt Begins. To serve him. Tuon is not yet bound to serve anyone, not Mat, not Rand. So the marriage cannot count as fulfilmment of the prophecy.

I can't think of one prophecy that has been fulfilled through a conscious attempt to do so. They always happen through some off the cuff action that is necessary at the time or through what seems like happenstance.

Rand taking Callandor from the Stone of Tear comes to mind.  He deliberately set out to fulfill that one.

[TEOTW: 13, Choices, 158-159]

Thom in conversation:

One of the Prophecies says that the Stone of Tear will never fall until the People of the Dragon come to the Stone. Another says the Stone will never fall till the Sword that Cannot Be Touched is wielded by the Dragon's hand.

Two conditions.  People of the Dragon come to the Stone, Sword that Cannot Be Touched wielded by the Dragon.  Rand fulfilled part #2 by deliberately entering Tear and taking Callandor, which was his goal all along.  And he was definitely aware of the significance of his actions, since it was the only prophecy he knew at the time (IIRC) and there was such a big deal about Logain moving towards Tear in TEOTW.

I can't think of one prophecy that has been fulfilled through a conscious attempt to do so. They always happen through some off the cuff action that is necessary at the time or through what seems like happenstance.

Other possible examples:

Rand cleansing the Taint.

Rand going to the Aiel Waste to become the Car'a'carn.

Rand leaving Callandor in the Stone ("Into the heart etc.").

Rand sticking Callandor into the Heart was definitely conscious.  In the others, he could have other motivations, but he did thoroughly read every translation of the Karaethon Cycle available.

Archived