DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

YOUR DESKTOPS, SHOW ME THEM

Dunbar

Who is that fellow and what has he won?

That fellow, is the greatest Norwegian footballer who's ever liver, in fact, he might be one of the best footballers period. *nod*

Ole Gunnar Solskjær, is his name, and that picture is taken on the 26th of may 1999, on the eve of the Champions League final between Manchester United (glory glory!) and Bayern Munich (boo!). Anyhow, Bayern took the lead at only 5 minutes played, and holding the lead of 1-0 until the 90th (the last ordinary minute of play). It certainly seems like they'd win, but then Teddy Sheringham (not picuted) scored and made it equal. That pretty much meant both teams would have to endure another 30 minutes of play, to determine the winner.

But then, in the 93rd minute, Ole Solskjær, the super sub, having only played 10 minutes of the match, scores, 3 minutes in over time, and makes Manchester United the champions of Europe. Any Manchester Supporter will always remember this moment, and any Norwegian football supporter better damn well do it too.

Not only is/was (he's retired to coaching the Manchester United Subs due to a knee injury) a great footballer, but he also heavily promotes fair play, charity and was a very down to earth fellow. A great Norwegian, a great soccer player, a legend of Manchester United.

I can't figure out how to show my desktop, but this is the artwork I have displayed.  It is what Mightelove would look like if she were a real....and had been captured and bound.....which is unlikely, but that's ok.  I like the damn piece of art, dangit.  It's mine.  Someone made it for me.  :P

MighteLhance-1.jpg

Archived