DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand VS Halima/Arangar

Just an idle thought I had when going through Path of Daggers this time.  If Rand where to find himself facing Halima, would he be able to kill her ???? 

On one hand, she currently wears the body of a woman :-\, on the other hand, she is Arangar, one of the Male Forsaken and Chaneler of Saidin >:(... 

So it comes out to whether he would consider her a woman or a man, supposing he realizes she was originaly a man...

Anyway, your thoughts and speculations please...

I think that even if he knew that it was really a man, Rand still wouldn't be able to her Aran'gar. Aran'gar seems to have integrated as a woman very quickly, and already acts like a woman whenever the story centers around him/her.

I don't think Rand would be able to kill someone if they perfectly looked and acted like a woman, he's too damaged about it at this point.

I don't agree with Rand not able to do anything with Halima. As soon as he is told or figures out that Halima is channeling Saidin, he will know she must be forsaken. He might not kill her, but I can see him giving him to Cadsuane etc. as prisoner like Semi. That might be worse than killing her.

Knowing the Arangar is Forsaken?  That might be doubtful.

Rand concluded that Moridin was/is a Darkfriend, on the basis that he knew/knows (through Lews Therin's memories) the faces of the Forsaken; he might conclude the same with Arangar.

Since the attack on him (Rand) in Lord of Chaos, he seems to have changed mind about attacking women even though he seems to still dislike to hurt women.  Because of that, I think Rand would be able to kill Arangar.

The most likely situation Rand would face Arangar would be if Arangar is sent to rescue Semirhage.

Arangar might be defeated in that situation since Semirhage would be more closely guarded than Moghedien was in the camp the the rebel Aes Sedia.

I actually think this is how Rand will get over his "block" of not being able to kill women.  He will feel a male channelling at him and automatically respond and fry her but then when he finds out he is a she... he will then be cured and in the 2nd book of a memory of light he will go on a rampage making up for all the missed opportunities in the last 12 books,

"your bow wasnt low enough, ZAP"

"straighten that dress, ZAP"

"stop straightening that dress so much, ZAP"

The most likely situation Rand would face Arangar would be if Arangar is sent to rescue Semirhage.

Arangar might be defeated in that situation since Semirhage would be more closely guarded than Moghedien was in the camp the the rebel Aes Sedia.

I doubt Halima would be sent to save Semierhage, she/he only saved Moghedien because she was already in the Aes Sedai camp, and the DO was ready to make her a mindtrap. 

i think that if Rand sees this woman channel Saidin, if nothing else it will make LTT go nuts over it.

There we go, Rand won't have to kill her.  LTT will just grab the power from Rand and do it for him, simple enough and an end for Halima ;D. 

• 2 weeks later...

The next likely situation for Rand to face Arangar would be if Arangar is sent to assist Graendal.

The chance for defeat in that situation would be less than an rescue attempt of Semirhage.

By the way the attack I refer to in my other post is the Whitecloak attack in Chapter 26.

I doubt Halima would be sent to save Semierhage, she/he only saved Moghedien because she was already in the Aes Sedai camp, and the DO was ready to make her a mindtrap.

A mindtrap to me would have very little to do on if the Dark One sends someone to rescue Semirhage or not.

Archived