DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Luc/Isam Slayer

stevemc

Luc was Tigraines brother (Mother to Rand and daughter heir of Andor) and Isam was of manethren royalty, cant remember exactly how. Isam killed Luc in the blight or the other way around and they merged into one person. They are now a hired assassin for the shadow who's services has to be "begged" as he states it by anyone except the great lord himself or  the chosen. He can slip in and out of TAR at will and everytime he does this he can choose to be either Luc or Isam, he seems to mostly be Isam in TAR and Luc in the real world though. He killed the dark friend aes sedai in the stone and some others I cant recall. He also wanders TAR slaughtering animals when hes boored and had a fight with Perrin there. ALSO he took part in the two rivers war with whitecloaks and trollocs, having been sent there with the trollocs to hunt down Fain.

Isam is Malkieri royalty, not Manetheren.  Otherwise this is essentially correct.  He physically seems to resemble Luc whenever he's seen in the real world, but in his mind he can switch personalities at will.  When he's about to try to kill Rand he specifically changes into Luc "because it seems appropriate."  He also recalls killing the Aes Sedai that talked, but he states that was "as Isam, but the memory was no less sweet."  He's basically a split personality, two men in one body, who work together to cause death.

Isam is Malkieri royalty, not Manetheren.  Otherwise this is essentially correct.  He physically seems to resemble Luc whenever he's seen in the real world, but in his mind he can switch personalities at will.  When he's about to try to kill Rand he specifically changes into Luc "because it seems appropriate."  He also recalls killing the Aes Sedai that talked, but he states that was "as Isam, but the memory was no less sweet."  He's basically a split personality, two men in one body, who work together to cause death.

Sorry, I meant malkieri, NO idea how manethren came out xD

Mostly by way of confirmation and slight elaboration:

Slayer can chose whose appearance he will take, in either Tel'aran'rhiod, or in the real world.  He changes appearance by moving into or out of Tel'aran'rhiod.  He does not have to change appearance in order to move between the waking world and the World of Dreams, but he does have to move in order to change appearance.  This is from RJ's blog on the subject:

Slayer just choses who he will be when he steps into or out of Tel’aran’rhiod.  The stepping in and out is part of the mechanism for his change.  He couldn’t do it in the middle of a street, say, not without the stepping in or out.  Which might be a little noticeable, since he would vanish from sight for a perceptible time.

http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/?p=26

This also means that he enters Tel'aran'rhiod physically, not in the same way that Dreamwalkers do.  If there has been someone with his ability in the past, that might be the source of the Dreamwalkers' taboo against entering Tel'aran'rhiod in the flesh, since what Slayer does is most definitely evil.  Whether that evil is caused by his method of entry, or whether it is merely a coincidence, cannot be said with surety.

Among his kills are not only Joiya and Amico in the Stone, but Rand's biological father Janduin.  He has been assigned at various times to kill not only Rand and Min, but also Padan Fain.

• 2 months later...

hmm i havent seen anything where he can choose his appearance 

as stated in the books he is Luc in real world an Isam in dreamworld  i havent seen anything saying anything else

Luc (Tigraines brother ) Isam ( Lan's uncle ) an he is a composite of both of em

as stated in the books he is Luc in real world an Isam in dreamworld  i havent seen anything saying anything else

Luc (Tigraines brother ) Isam ( Lan's uncle ) an he is a composite of both of em

Hence it stands to reason that he could choose which he appears as physically. ;D 

Don't forget Asmodean in his list of kills.  ;D

Any proof?

It becomes clear late in the series after he kills who he thinks are Rand and Min. He can appear as either Luc or Isam in waking or dream world, he just has to be steppingin or out of the dream world to change. In the prophecy Fain wrote of in TGH it says "one did live, one did die." Isam lives, I reckon, because Moridin and also the Trollocs call him Isam, not Luc. So Isam has Luc as a disposable identity

Among his kills are not only Joiya and Amico in the Stone, but Rand's biological father Janduin.  He has been assigned at various times to kill not only Rand and Min, but also Padan Fain.

Can you point me in the direcrtion of where it is said that Slayer killed Rand's dad? Not saying you're wrong, just want to read that part. Is it clearly stated, or just strongly implied?

Whenever someone (I think it was in the Aiel Waste) is telling Rand about his dad they say that after they came back across the Dragonwall (in what the wetlanders called the Aiel War) he goes a bit crazy that Rand's mother (I forget what her Aiel name was) is dead because he let her go even though she was pregnant. So he goes to the Blight and his men reported back that he met up with a man who reminded him of Rand's mother so he wouldn't fight him. Slayer of course has no problems killing him.

its implied because after Rands mother disappeard than died his father blamed himself  an left his clan to go hunting in the blight with the young aiel warriors an Rand's father was killed by a man that had the look of his wife because of that he couldnt bring himself to fight the man ( Luc/slayer)

Archived