DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne in that other world...

nnokwoodeye

o.k., in the great hunt when they used the portal stones, in one of the worlds it was mentioned that Elaine was married to some noble from tear. How did this happen? How did one of the most powerful channellers in the third age end up married to a guy from a culture that doesn't want anything to do with the OP? And that even without mentioning that she almost certainly was an aes sedai in that world.

Maybee in that alternate reality, her father was still alive, Queen Morgase was dead, daddy wouldn't let her go train in the tower, and married her to a Tarien Lord at an early age (before she manifested the ability to channel) to solidify some political alliance.  There are infinate possibilites.

Maybee in that alternate reality, her father was still alive, Queen Morgase was dead, daddy wouldn't let her go train in the tower, and married her to a Tarien Lord at an early age (before she manifested the ability to channel) to solidify some political alliance.  There are infinate possibilites.

Not likely, as soon as the aes sedai would have realized how powerful she is they would have dragged her to the white tower regardless of what daddy wants. And considering that the power kills most of the untrained (and that we are talking about andor where aes sedai are respected), I don't think he or anybody else would have argued with them anyway.

She may have done it for Political reasons, in this Alternate reality the King of Chairhein is still alive so she may have sided with Tear to bolster her influence. As said before the Possibilities are infinite.

Not likely, as soon as the aes sedai would have realized how powerful she is they would have dragged her to the white tower regardless of what daddy wants. And considering that the power kills most of the untrained (and that we are talking about andor where aes sedai are respected), I don't think he or anybody else would have argued with them anyway.

I disagree with this.  Aes Sedai like to think they rule the world but they don't.  Kidnapping the Daughter-Heir of Andor and taking her to the Tower?  That would be -suicidal- for the Tower.  Except for Borderlanders they'd get ousted officially -and- unofficially from probably every nation in the world.

Now the power untrained thing is likely but this is portal stone world where Rand managed to hold off the power for years or died within days.  Anything's possible. :)  It wasn't Elayne's jump so we don't know how unlikely the world in general was.

Probably, but in this reality Elaida may not have become Morgase's adviser, would not have discovered Ealayne's potential at an early age, and the marriage might have been aranged before her powers manifested/where discovered. 

I disagree with this.  Aes Sedai like to think they rule the world but they don't.  Kidnapping the Daughter-Heir of Andor and taking her to the Tower?  That would be -suicidal- for the Tower.  Except for Borderlanders they'd get ousted officially -and- unofficially from probably every nation in the world.

Now the power untrained thing is likely but this is portal stone world where Rand managed to hold off the power for years or died within days.  Anything's possible. :)  It wasn't Elayne's jump so we don't know how unlikely the world in general was.

Cadsuane kidnapped the King of Tarabon and fled with him, the army on her heels and it did not harm the Aes Sedai.

o.k., in the great hunt when they used the portal stones, in one of the worlds it was mentioned that Elaine was married to some noble from tear. How did this happen? How did one of the most powerful channellers in the third age end up married to a guy from a culture that doesn't want anything to do with the OP? And that even without mentioning that she almost certainly was an aes sedai in that world.

Because high ranking nobles rarely get to choose who they marry.  AS rarely marry so her marriage would be as Daughter-heir and future Queen of Andor, not as an AS.

Cadsuane kidnapped the King of Tarabon and fled with him, the army on her heels and it did not harm the Aes Sedai.

The King of Tarabon is a very weak king, his power split between the Panarch and himself much in the same way as Ghealdan's rulers being weak.

Andor is not.  There's a major difference here.  Siuan said outright in one of her flashbacks that she had to lean on the Queen of Andor to make Bryne do as she wanted she couldn't just force her.

The King of Tarabon is a very weak king, his power split between the Panarch and himself much in the same way as Ghealdan's rulers being weak.

Andor is not.  There's a major difference here.  Siuan said outright in one of her flashbacks that she had to lean on the Queen of Andor to make Bryne do as she wanted she couldn't just force her.

Not to mention the fact that Morgase was nearly willing to go to war with the Tower because she was sure they had lost Elayne, and did turn a cold shoulder on them.  Part of that was, of course, Gaibrel, but much of it was her own stubborn temper. 

maybe there is no white tower in the alternate world.

I don't think so; the aes sedai extreme involvement in politics would probably mean that any world that didn't have them won't have the same nations.

Although by the time Elaine married, the white tower was probably already destroyed by the Seanchan, so I guess Elayne would have had a good reason to try to hide what she is.

maybe there is no white tower in the alternate world.

I don't think so; the aes sedai extreme involvement in politics would probably mean that any world that didn't have them won't have the same nations.

Although by the time Elaine married, the white tower was probably already destroyed by the Seanchan, so I guess Elayne would have had a good reason to try to hide what she is.

Didn't that alternate life end with the Seanchan attacking Caemlyn?

Are we sure that Elayne was able to channel at all? Rand weren't able to channel in every life we saw.

Yes he did, in every world. I think is shows that channeling is a function of the soul. It has physical aspects, but you won't get them unless you have the right soul. If you are a channeler, you would always be a channeler.

Archived