DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How life was in the AoL

Builder

Didn't the rest of the world have more channelers?
Yes. Quite possibly millions. About half of them became Chosen.

There is one big question. How could the Forsaken have learned about strategy when there were no wars prior to the first war?
Same way the Light learned. Trial and error, in part.

Yes but im fairly sure we know that the 13 main chosen were the 13 most powerful channelers apart from LTT, could be wrong tho. And I was sure that where they drilled was what would be Shayol Ghul, if it wasnt I was just wrong :) Also they were searching for a power of sorts that both sexes could use.
Yes, they were searching for a Power both could use, they drilled at the Sharom, we have no reason to believe it was anywhere near where SG now stands, and the 13 "main" Chosen are just 13 who were at the top and got caught. They are remembered because they survived. They were strong, but no more so than others of their colleagues - there would have been others who could match them.

EDIT: I came up with more on the original question. What kind of devices did the people have in the AoL? Did they have refrigerators, stoves and microwave ovens? I want to expand on that.
Yes, they would have had similar things, though powered by the Power.

They didn't need electricity. All of their devices were ter'angreal (I think the BWB mentioned that stasis box were used, among other things, to store food for long period of time). They have some way to make them always active, even if there wasn't any channeler around.

By weaving.

No shit Sherlock.

They didn't need electricity. All of their devices were ter'angreal (I think the BWB mentioned that stasis box were used, among other things, to store food for long period of time). They have some way to make them always active, even if there wasn't any channeler around.

So how many Ter'Angreal were made? Does that mean that making Ter'Angreal is easy, you just have to learn how to do it? How did they manage to make them active all the time? By tying off the weave and leaving it? Wouldn't that deteriorate the weave after a while?

So how many Ter'Angreal were made? Does that mean that making Ter'Angreal is easy, you just have to learn how to do it?

Elayne doesnt seem to have any trouble doing it. That being said it is made by the power, not by illegal immigrants working for minimum wage.

No shit Sherlock.

OK.  You want a serious answer?

We have already seen a multitude of channelers weave directed lightning.  In short, to get electricity, you WEAVE it.  If you need it in a more controlled form than lightning, then you learn how to WEAVE it that way.

I'm sorry if you thought the answer would be more complicated.

You weave it.

No shit Sherlock.

OK.  You want a serious answer?

We have already seen a multitude of channelers weave directed lightning.  In short, to get electricity, you WEAVE it.  If you need it in a more controlled form than lightning, then you learn how to WEAVE it that way.

I'm sorry if you thought the answer would be more complicated.

You weave it.

Didnt quite chatch that.. You wea.. wea... wiggle it? Thats it right? Wiggle?

I think he wants you to teach him the weave, RAW.

Come on, Builder. Its a thread about a fantasy world, and a portion of that fantasy world that we know damn near nothing about. Lets not get all bent out of shape when someone gives an explanation we don't like.

There are much better ways to express emotion than to curse, and if you must curse, why not keep it in play with this board?

Example: Blood and bloody ashes RAW. Can't you flaming answer with more than a single sentence?! Mother's milk in a cup!

Nah, I won't chill, because that's how I roll.

Besides, if RAW really wants to be spanked with the admin hammer (although I don't know how :S) he will be spanked, but there must be some compromise. I really want to listen to the old Eminem songs, ok?

"The way you shake it, I can't believe it, I've never seen an ass like that."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwJXWiqOD6k

Bela, I caaan't!

EDIT: Fack is a good song too.

EDITEDIT: Ok fun's over lets go back on topic guys.

So how many Ter'Angreal were made?
Lots.
Does that mean that making Ter'Angreal is easy?
Yes, if you have the Talent.
How did they manage to make them active all the time?
Standing flows.
Wouldn't that deteriorate the weave after a while?
No.

Archived