DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Go check it out while you can!

claireducky

From what I understand, the leadership will stay the same, just be working together.  Since my guild (Atha'an Miere) hasn't been its own group in quite some time, I don't have a partner to share the leadership with.  But in this case, it looks like Eclipse and Arath will be the Guild Leaders while Covai picks up AGL.

What about the Faction Leaders (me and TMD) who do a lot of the work and second in command to eclipse0. Where do we come into it. Surely having some from the comm as deputy as well would be worth taking into consideration.

Why weren't we informed about the amaglemation with the RP side, there will be people from both sides who will not want this. I for one!

If you read the staff structure thread: http://dragonmount8.musemarketing.net/thread-35-page-1.html

I would say that any secondary staff of the groups would fall under the "Various Sundry Staff" category.  Don't worry, you won't be left out in the lurch.  With the new policy of GLs being elected every 3 months, you might even move up in the ranks if you have the support for it! :D

The consolidation of Orgs/Divs into Guilds has been under discussion among the staff for some time.  As you can imagine, there were wildly varying opinions regarding it, but after months of talks the majority decided the new structure would be best.

Sorry but, the very few staff here, do not represent the majority of people here. I can't see that people are happy about the pulling together of the Comm and RP side. It would have been better to actually discuss something like this with the people that actually count on this site. I think quite a few members maybe lost.

Sorry but I'm already at the top ranks here, so this would be a demotion for me, and I have put a lot of work into this org.

I will be having words with Eclipse about this I'm not happy! If you want to push people away from DM then you are doing the right thing!

I know this isn't your fault Claire, you just seemed to have given up the bad news.  :)

I am sure once you give it a try you will be fine with it.  This worked in the olden days and I was big on bringing it back.  A few people might be displaced but they will just have to deal with for the greater good of DM. 

I am editing your post Claire.  An offical announcement may be coming later today.  We were not ready to spread this around yet and I have better things to do than go around the boards searching for links to these boards. 

Thanks

Emperor

Org Admin

I've been trying to convince myself of that for a month now Empy, and I'm just not buying it. In a way I'm glad this is all out in the open, maybe if you had a big enough uproar from the Community as a whole you will see what a bad f'nin idea this is.

well, it's understandable that people's first reactions might be very negative - we've not had a chance to get everyone involved and work out all details, yet.

This is what happens when SOME people *glares* leak things ahead of time. But the cat's out the bag now, so lets all sit down and talk about it and come up with something that works for everybody, heh ?

edit: Empie, you can edit her post, but people are already spreading the word amongst themselves. Rather just make an announcement about it, than trying to cover it up.

*calls eclipse really loudly:* Red Devil needed STAT !

It brings them together...  Why are dmers so afraid of change. 

Anyway... not ready to discuss this yet.  Who knows, by the time we actually announce this things might be different.  I am pretty sure the Admins are all in agreement on this though.

I've heard you reasons, Empy, and it's not going to matter. This decision is going to kill this community.  I know the Blog and the News feeds are more important to most of the 'admins' but RP and Org side are still a large part of the traffic on this site, and pissing them both off isn't the way to go.

The clash is going to frustrate both sides and then it won't be worth it for Jason to have the so-called guilds at all.

You need to listen to the negative feedback as well as the positive. Nobody's perfect and plenty of people make bad decisions.  When you realize a bad decision, the difference between good leadership and a a poor one is admitting and learning from mistakes.

Archived