DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Regaining Malkier

mb

From one of Min's viewings, I think Lan would regain his kingdom.

This thread is to talk about ways it could be done.

Ways I thought of:

-Some channeler (maybe Elayne) would discover how to make Nym.  An army of Nym be made and that army would come to Malkier and make plants.  Then the Blight would back off.  (The Green Man, which was a Nym, blocked off the Blight when he was alive.)

-An army of Ogier come and fight back the Blight.

-Lan become persuaded (likely by Nynaeve) to lead an army to fight off the Blight.

-Some channeler/channelers would mimic the Green Man's ability at the region of Malkier.

-Channelers able to find a way to hold back the Blight.

-The Blight becoming destroyed during Tarmon Gai'don.

However Lan regains his kingdom, he would afterward become crowned.

Second part of the viewing seems to indicate that one of his children would also be a warrior.  Before or after, Nynaeve would give him at least one child (probably a son).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the corruption of the blight will fade over time, assuming Rand defeats the DO. The blight has slowly expanded as the shadow has gained power, so it seems reasonable to assume that the blight would recede with power loss.

The only answer i se is that the blight will recede when Rand win TG.

There is no time for Lan to become a king before TG, and no time for him to be a father (ok, Nynaeve and Lan "training" alot to have babies, but 9 months is still 9 months :) ) and Nynaeve cant afford to have a child now, the power will be to unstable to use. Rand need her for TG, and she will not be pregnant before TG is over (at least i hope not).

Lan will gather the Melkier nation (the people) to fight the shadow and after TG, the Kingdom will rise again.

I have a question though, Perrin. What will become of him?? Rand have his desteny..Mat will become emperor (or something) but what will become of Perrin? Min has a viewing of Perrin - A wolf, and a broken crown, and trees flowering all around him. Will he become a king to? Will he rise the old kingdom in the two rivers (cant remember its name now)?

The only answer i se is that the blight will recede when Rand win TG.

There is no time for Lan to become a king before TG, and no time for him to be a father (ok, Nynaeve and Lan "training" alot to have babies, but 9 months is still 9 months :) ) and Nynaeve cant afford to have a child now, the power will be to unstable to use. Rand need her for TG, and she will not be pregnant before TG is over (at least i hope not).

Lan will gather the Melkier nation (the people) to fight the shadow and after TG, the Kingdom will rise again.

I have a question though, Perrin. What will become of him?? Rand have his desteny..Mat will become emperor (or something) but what will become of Perrin? Min has a viewing of Perrin - A wolf, and a broken crown, and trees flowering all around him. Will he become a king to? Will he rise the old kingdom in the two rivers (cant remember its name now)?

Perrin is already unofficially lord of the two rivers and has a queen as his vassal plus the Broken crown has something to do with Him and Faile Ruling Saleda if I'm not mistaken.

This is one of the things I'm looking foward to most in AMoL. Nynaeve, while not my favorite character in the series. Drops Lan of as far from the blight as she can get away with and not break her word and then runs about mobilising everyone she can get into contact with. I just have this very cool image in my head.

Lan riding on his horse with grim determination, towards his fate. He sees another man from former Malkier waiting on the side of the road. As Lan passes they don't speek just nod to each other and the other guy falls in behind Lan. Followed by another and another and more until There is an army following Lan and the Golden Crane. Malkier is reborn!!!

Maybe I have been watching too meny westerns but I hope it's something like that.

When TG is done, the Blight will most likely no longer be a problem. Doesn't mean Malkier is coming back. There is one big problem - people. Specifically, there aren't any. The Westlands as a whole are suffereing from population decline. They are about to fight a massive battle against the Shaodw. A lot of people will die. The surviving Malkieri are integrating into new communities, becoming Shienarans, Saldaeans, Arafellins, Kandori. Most of those who remember Malkier are probably going to be unwilling to leave their new homes and lives and start a country again from scratch. The younger generations aren't Malkieri. Really, there is only one Malkieri left - Lan. If he dies, that country ain't coming back, and even if he survives it still most likely won't. Still, it is at least a little bit more plausible than bringing back Manetheran. Living people still remember Malkier.

Can you reference / quote the viewing?

Seven ruined towers around his head, and a baby in a cradle holding a sword. TEotW,Ch15

How does that suggest that Malkier will rise again, though?  If it were seven rebilt towers around his head, that might be a different matter.  As it stands, all that vision indicates is that he is tied to Malkier, and that his sword was placed in his hands when he was still a baby, all of which is confirmed later. 

Can you reference / quote the viewing?

Seven ruined towers around his head, and a baby in a cradle holding a sword. TEotW,Ch15

How does that suggest that Malkier will rise again, though?  If it were seven rebilt towers around his head, that might be a different matter.  As it stands, all that vision indicates is that he is tied to Malkier, and that his sword was placed in his hands when he was still a baby, all of which is confirmed later. 

Agree - still not aware of a Min Viewing that directly indicates that Malkier will "rise again". 

When TG is done, the Blight will most likely no longer be a problem. Doesn't mean Malkier is coming back. There is one big problem - people. Specifically, there aren't any.

I'm not saying I agree that Maikier will rise again (not saying it won't either).  As to the question of people, however, there is always The Return.  Sure, they won't be quality Malikier stock, but they are people who will need a place to call home.

I'm not saying I agree that Maikier will rise again (not saying it won't either).  As to the question of people, however, there is always The Return.  Sure, they won't be quality Malikier stock, but they are people who will need a place to call home.

And if that happened, they would bring their own culture, and the country arising from the immigration would be a completely new one.

In New Spring it's suggested there's a good number of Malkieri living and willing to follow Lan into the Blight. Later with Nynaeve in Knife of Dreams, it's also suggested. The people still exist and the memory of that nation might be strong enough to pull at more than just the warriors after the battle. It's just a matter of whether Lan will go with it. He seemed to not like those Malkieri who gave up their ways.

But New Spring was set 20ish years before any of the books in the series. A lot of people can die in 20 years, especially if they weren't that young to begin with.

True, but a lot of people can be born and brought up to know there heritage too.

Yes but that's assumming people are taking time to teach there kids the heritage of a country thats dead and gone

I think Lan will basically 'start' TG. What with him actually going into Tarwin's Gap into the Blight with an army.

As for Min's viewing, I thought she only sees the future? So the baby with a sword could be Lan's kid, who'll still fight back the Blight and try to establish Malkier. This would also fit with Nicola's foretelling about the world not being done with battle.

As for Perrin, he already has claims to some big tracts of land, making him second only to Tuon's land grabs. A claim to Saldaea, Lord of the Entire TR, and liege lord to Ghealdean.

As for Min's viewing, I thought she only sees the future? 

Not sure this is 100% accurate. Would defer to some of the more learned readers, but... I think Min sees Auras surrounding people, some of which she understands and some of which provide insight about said person's future.  I think some of what she sees provides insight about who / what the person is.. ie. the common aura surrounding Aeis Sedai.  I belive the baby holding the sword represents Lan, the last king of Malkiere who was given his father's sword and signet ring as an infant.  Lan is pulling the last of the Malkieri together as we speak, the Golden Crane will be raised and they will fight in the last battle!  Kinda "winds" you up just thinking about it!  It's gonna be a hell of a book!

As long as Lan is alive, any man wearing the hadori, and any wife having the red dot at her fore head (dont remember its name) Melkier still exists. Infact, Lan alone is the nation malkier The Aiel call him Aan'allein which means "a man who is an entire nation" in the Old Tongue.

The Malkier land is infected, the castle destroyed, but the people still exists, and their uncrowned king do.

The only reson why the Melkier people didnt presist as a nation is that Lan himself refused to be a king. So they whait for him to finaly stand up, and now he have started the process (or Nynaeve did).

Anyone who follows Lan and recognise him as their king, will be Malkier people (and i think there will be alot, ALOT of people follow him and se him as their king).

As far as I can remember, I have no source for this, she only sees things about someones future.

Yepp. She have never seen anything that have allredy happend. Only things that is, or should come in the future. The Baby Min sees is Lans child, or the combo of the ruins + child is the birth if the "new" Melkier nation?

dont think so. I think the one about the towers are the Malkier uniting to fight again. Nothing more. I do not think Malkier will be reborn.

The baby Im not sure about, since I still think Lan will die in the last battle.

(unless they have already made sure its on the way...)

From WOT FAQ - Min's Viewings

[TEOTW: 15, Strangers and Friends, 181]

LAN: Seven ruined Towers/A babe in a cradle holding a sword

These refer to his Malkieri heritage: Lord of the Seven Towers, and sworn as a babe by his parents to the fight against the Shadow

Archived