DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Regaining Malkier

mb

Fox, the broken crown most likely points towards Manethren, which has already been resurrected of a sorts. but that was off topic for this thread. 

But isn't the the crown of Saldea called The Broken Crown, it's one of Davram Bashere's titles.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox, the broken crown most likely points towards Manethren, which has already been resurrected of a sorts. but that was off topic for this thread. 

But isn't the the crown of Saldea called The Broken Crown, it's one of Davram Bashere's titles.

Yes, it is the crown of Saldea. Davram Bashere is the heir to the crown right now. And considering that Min has had at least one viewing that makes his future seem a bit...questionable, Faile might find herself jumped up to being heir quite a bit sooner than expected.

• 2 months later...

In New Spring it's suggested there's a good number of Malkieri living and willing to follow Lan into the Blight. Later with Nynaeve in Knife of Dreams, it's also suggested. The people still exist and the memory of that nation might be strong enough to pull at more than just the warriors after the battle. It's just a matter of whether Lan will go with it. He seemed to not like those Malkieri who gave up their ways.

Anyone wearing the Hadori would go back.  but that ain't nearly enough people

I think Lan will basically 'start' TG. What with him actually going into Tarwin's Gap into the Blight with an army.

As for Min's viewing, I thought she only sees the future? So the baby with a sword could be Lan's kid, who'll still fight back the Blight and try to establish Malkier. This would also fit with Nicola's foretelling about the world not being done with battle.

As for Perrin, he already has claims to some big tracts of land, making him second only to Tuon's land grabs. A claim to Saldaea, Lord of the Entire TR, and liege lord to Ghealdean.

No, she sees the past too (see her viewing of Daved Hanlon which told her that he had plenty of murder in his past)

Alderthal, just so you are aware you might get some grief about Lan starting TG.  There's a whole big loooong thread about whether lan will reach Tarwin's Gap to fight the Trollocs.  I think the consensus was no; it had to do with timing and the fact that there will most likely be 2 million trollocs and Lan will have at most 200,000.

And what did it say about how many one man could hold against in Tarwin's gap?

In New Spring it's suggested there's a good number of Malkieri living and willing to follow Lan into the Blight. Later with Nynaeve in Knife of Dreams, it's also suggested. The people still exist and the memory of that nation might be strong enough to pull at more than just the warriors after the battle. It's just a matter of whether Lan will go with it. He seemed to not like those Malkieri who gave up their ways.

Anyone wearing the Hadori would go back.  but that ain't nearly enough people

Also, keep in mind that New Spring takes place 20 years before the main story. A lot of soldiers eager to follow Lan back then would be way past their prime.

I'm thinking Min's viewing of Lan the seven towers and the baby with a word and ring

can be interpreted as; Lan was king of the fallen malkier as a baby and he will be again,

but that does not mean Malkier will rise as a nation, but maybe as a people.

atleast this is what i hope, because i dont want to se Lan die.

or

Lan heads to Malkier dies and leaves his ring and sword to his unborn son...

I like my first interpretation better.

He dies after an epic battle with Slayer in the form of Isam.

He seriously wounds him and he has to flee, thus Lan bleeds out and Nynaeve finds him JUST a second after any healing would have saved him.

Note: Thats how I'd like to see it playing out, though I'm sure Perrin and Slayer are due to clash as possible wolfbrother v dark wolfbrother, though I can't see and evidence for it on Slayer's side.

It would be cool to see that Perrin inherits the mantle and guide Randland.  I think he is the reincarnation of the Peter (can't remember exact name) the Goldentongue, one of the first people to create the Compact of Nations and forge the course of Randland after the breaking.

I think Nynaeves third trip into the rings on her accepted test should be taken into account regarding Malkier, the one for what will be.

In it she sees herself as Queen of Malkier and Lan as King and they have a child (children?).

There are 3 reasons, i think, to take the vision as important;

1. She can remember channeling in the rings where you shouldn't even be able to remember how to channel. So this is out of the ordinary.

2. The way back comes but once. But it didn't, it vanished on her third trip and she brought it back. Again, out of the ordinary.

3. Her/Lan's Aei Sedai advisor was Sharina Melloy, who has now been discovered training to be Aei Sedai with the rebels. Was it her that formed the "families"? Anyway this is again out of the ordinary that someone never known to Nynaeve would be in her vision and then show up as an Aei Sedai.

So RJ, fond of a bit of foreshadowing, showed us on 3 occasions that Nynaeves visions are a bit weird.

So i'm going with both Nyv and Lan (and Sharina) surviving the last battle and setting up Malkier again on the strength of her visions being weird. Not showing her what could be but what will be.

On the point of Lan having enough people to do it i don't think there will be a problem, sure lots of his army will die in the battles to come but every nation is going to be underpopulated very soon, and the wives and young children of the soldiers who do die will want to come to New Malkier to stay, for the memory of the father who died to give it life.

Archived