DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Scarlett Johansson News

Emperor

If you are not obsessed with her I envy your willpower...

Scarlett Johansson is rumored to be in discussions with Marvel Studios to replace Emily Blunt in the upcoming "Iron Man" sequel says Entertainment Weekly.

Johansson would take on the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff, who doubles as Black Widow. Blunt's commitment to 20th Century Fox's "Gulliver's Travels" may prohibit her from co-starring in the superhero sequel.

Sources day Johansson has met with the filmmakers and is interested in taking the role, but it depends on Blunt's schedule as her agents are trying to fit both films into her schedule.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a movie role for her....

While Mickey Rourke held out and managed to get a better deal to play the villain Whiplash in "Iron Man 2", it looks like Scarlett Johansson didn't get as fare treatment when it comes to her involvement.

With Fox exercising its option on getting Emily Blunt for "Gulliver's Travels", Scarlett Johannson will take over the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff (aka. Black Widow) in the upcoming sequel according to Deadline Hollywood Daily.

"It's as bad as any deal that I've heard. It's lowball money. And it ties her to countless movies, including that ensemble The Avengers, which is what makes this brutal for a lot of actors" a source tells Nikki Finke about the arrangement that has gone down.

Johansson apparently had previously tested for the role but didn't get it.

• 4 months later...

Archived