DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Asmodean to the light

AcuWill

I am doing another read through in prep for the last book and I have finishing up TSR.

Reading it makes me wonder, if Asmodean had not died, you think he would have turned to the light (or was he already headed in that direction)?   I mean, later he even tries to heal Rand.  I began to really like his character and was very upset when he died.

I am doing another read through in prep for the last book and I have finishing up TSR.

Reading it makes me wonder, if Asmodean had not died, you think he would have turned to the light (or was he already headed in that direction)?   I mean, later he even tries to heal Rand.  I began to really like his character and was very upset when he died.

I think Asmo would join whatever side he thought would win. IIRC he only went over to the shadow so he could play music for eternity, Yea he was a bad guy all the forsaken were but I think if any of them could have come back to the light it would have been Asmo

Asmodean coming to the Light might have been a possibility.

Shortly before his death he still thought the Dark One as The Great Lord; from that he was not completely on the Light's side, but only partially if at all.

Asmodean was only out for himself. He did what he did for Rand at the battle in Cairhien because if he did not see Rand win the last battle and live, he felt certain he was doomed. He was ripped away from active service to the Shadow, not brought to the Light, and his last thoughts were all ego-centric, a hallmark of the Forsaken. That he had some charm and proved useful made him a likable villain for many readers, but a villain he remained, or so I believe.

I think given time he would have turned to the light but at the time of his death he was still deep in the shadow. If he was freed from Lanfear's shield he probably would have tried to kill Rand in an attempt to prove to the Dark One and the other forsaken that he was still on their side. He tried to heal Rand only because Rand's death meant his own would follow.

He didn't seem to regret anything he did in his past, either. Remember when he was talking about that man grabbing a tuft of grass to keep from falling over the side of a cliff? He told Rand that story because his situation was similar. Grab anything you can and hold on for your life.

He would never have turned to the light. Not for the "real" reason. He only wanted to survive, thats all. Rand was his only way to survive as long as possible. If he didnt have Rand, the forsaken would have killed him instantly (Lanfears lie) and he did know that.

To help Rand was a way to holt his hope up....a very weak hope to survive to the last battle.

I'm happy that he died.  Having a forsaken turn back to the light just makes them so much less interesting as villains.

Having a forsaken actually kill another forsaken would be really cool.  Let's hope there is enough time for that in the last book.  Cyndanne killing Graendal or the other way round maybe.

I'm happy that he died.  Having a forsaken turn back to the light just makes them so much less interesting as villains.

Having a forsaken actually kill another forsaken would be really cool.  Let's hope there is enough time for that in the last book.  Cyndanne killing Graendal or the other way round maybe.

I want Moridin to BF someone, or just snuff one of them with his necklace.

He would never have turned to the light. Not for the "real" reason. He only wanted to survive, thats all. Rand was his only way to survive as long as possible. If he didnt have Rand, the forsaken would have killed him instantly (Lanfears lie) and he did know that.

To help Rand was a way to holt his hope up....a very weak hope to survive to the last battle.

I agree, he was just out for survival.  Before he died his POV said as much, still using the term Great Lord in his thoughts.  He was just out to see as many as the other Forsaken die as he could.

want Moridin to BF someone, or just snuff one of them with his necklace.

Always wondered if he slept with those around his neck.  Would suck if he rolled over in his sleep and smashed one by accident.  ;D

I'm happy that he died. Having a forsaken turn back to the light just makes them so much less interesting as villains.
Why do you think that?

Having a forsaken actually kill another forsaken would be really cool. Let's hope there is enough time for that in the last book.
Graendal killing Asmo wasn't enough for you?

Archived