DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey Brits - Show your Snow! (and everyone else, of course)

Raeyn

Right so, as most people not under rocks know, the UK has been BURIED in the good white stuff this week, and even more incoming the next couple of days.  Of course, me being a Texas girl, this means I got to make my very first snowman.  Though to be fair, it's more like a snow queen (note the silly snow hat):

05Feb025.jpg

Anyways, you get a better idea from the 'aerial' (out the window) shot:

width=640 height=480http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Raeynsedai/Weather/05%20February%202009/05Feb027.jpg[/img]

Anyone else having fun that they want to show off?  Nobody is sledging into barbed-wire fences, riiight?

PS:  full album of today's snow fun is here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Raeynsedai/Weather/05%20February%202009/

There are quite a few other albums as well... 'cause this will never cease to amaze me.

<3

That is both adorable and tragic, Crystal!  And now I'm tempted to do the same... I keep threatening to litter the curb with tons of tiny snowmen (a la Calvin & Hobbes).

My snow queen's head fell off... I'm going to have to go do another head later, I guess.  Oh the pain of playing in the fun white stuff... :D

It keeps saying that we're going to get rain today, but considering the highest temp recorded has been 0.4C?  Yeah, I'm seriously doubting this.  But then, Bedford is definitely within the predicted 'oh crap, not again!' zone for tomorrow.

I might make an igloo in celebration.

Heya Sira... I think Barm just won a bet with himself.  (He thought you were in Bristol, so)...

I just saw the newsman standing in snow in Bristol reporting that the MetOffice is claiming that Bristol will see upwards of 30cm overnight.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/sw_forecast_warnings.html?day=2

Lovely pictures, Kara!

Hey Crystal, you're in Bristol, right?  I think you guys are supposed to get a FOOT of snow tonight. :s

Not quite home home is Somerset which is pretty close, but I'm at uni in Bournemouth we just have rain at the moment, I'm couching it to London tomorrow aswell so I hope everything will be ok.

Pretty much. I live a mile from university on the other side of a ridiculously steep hill which I now realise doesn't get gritted. When I went to my lecture this morning I was slipping and falling all the time, it was absurd. But I can't skip class, so I'm guessing tomorrow is ice rink central again. :(

You're in metric truckload of snow territory too, right? Best of luck with the HOWLING GALES and the BLIZZARDS and everything generally being like The Day After Tomorrow. :D

We got a couple more inches of snow overnight, and it's still falling lightly.  However, our city council still has enough grit for 4-5 more days.. nyah.  *grins*

Let's just hope that Monday or Tuesday REALLY is the end of it, or else we're not going to get crap done whatsoever work-wise. -__-  We've already had to cancel two meetings this week because of the weather, and I'm sure my father-in-law is on the verge of giving himself a heart attack for having to go it alone again.

Eugh - appear to have left my camera cable at home.

Exeter's been about the furthest west point of the recent snow which has been brilliant (As i dont normally get any at home or Uni). We're talking 8 ft snowmen, snowball fights with the freshers and sledging down the hills.

However its tied to the bad points - walking home from a house meal in near whiteout last night as all the taxis are booked, climbing said hill for lectures up practically pure ice and an outbreak of Norovirus which meant i had to cancel a trip to London.

>.<

Silly winter. Although amazing the immaturity that snow brings out - and the glee! ^_^

This is an interesting article related to all the snow we've been getting:

The etiquette of snowball fights

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7874587.stm

Right now, the clouds are lifting slightly, which is letting out the residual heat.  This residual heat has been keeping the temperature at 0.2-0.6C, so now it's supposed to drop down to -5.6C~ tonight.  Can we say... tomorrow will not be a fun day for getting around.

I did hear that Bournemouth Uni is closed today because there is no grit for the roads and footpaths. Woop! Snow day for youm Chrystal :)

I went up to London yesterday to see Oliver and got to meet Rowan Atkinson who was playing Fagin!! so unfortuneatly I missed out on the snow but luckily my lecture that I would have missed has been persponed so I didn't miss it.

Dudelette, you got to meet Rowan Atkinson.  That is utter, utter, utter win.  Seriously.

[radio edit] Oh, and you didn't die in transit, which is ALSO very awesome.  I was a tad worried for you!

Archived