DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Kin's Hurricane watch

U4ea

Alright, this is a check-in thread. I'm not asking for your address, but I want to know when I need to be worried sick for you (and vice-versa, when you need to be worried sick for me!). So, those of us who live in Hurricane Country, stand up and be counted so I don't go nuts.

*stands up*

I'm in Savannah, GA, USA. While we haven't been hit with a hurricane in nearly 15 years (which makes us horribly overdue and that scares me more than anything else), hurricane season is here and, now that I own a house, it makes me freakin' nervous.

As if to prove how much fun this season is going to be, there's currently a tropical depression in the Carribean that should make landfall on the west coast of Florida Monday morning/afternoon. So far, it's looking like wind sheer is going to take care of most of the problem and they're not expecting it to be anything more than a depression when it makes landfall. But Monday is 2 days away.

So, let's roll up our shirtsleeves, boys and girls. I want to know who I'm worried about when this season starts up in full force.

Kip I worry about tornados for, Twinny, too, for that matter, and Paetric, if he'd ever show up. Hurricane's aren't much of an issue that far inland, except for excessive rain and wind. At least, that's my impression of the weather pattern in those regions.

I know Pol lives in a place that I worry about, but, aside from hurricane's that think it's fun to go skipping up the state of Georgia, I think Frenchie and Kyn are pretty clean in that area. Excessive rain and wind, but, chances are, it won't be a hurricane by the time it hits either of them. There's always freak things, but, for the most part, they're alright.

So, the purpose of this thread is to help me stop worrying. LOL I think I'm going to hunt down that map that everyone was putting their names on and set one up for the Kin...

Oh yeah, and the tropical depression I first mentioned has been upgraded to Tropical Storm Alberto. Marvelous. Luckily, I think Frenchie's going to get to avoid the worst of it, since the last prediction I saw had it stalling over the Gulf and hitting the coast of Florida tomorrow night. According to the Weather Channel, it's been raining pretty badly along the coast all day, some of the bands stretched inward, so our favorite Horn player might be a little soggy, but that should be all. At least at the moment.

On that note, keep your eye on Alberto, just in case he turns a bit freaky on us. Right now, it's poised to nearly miss us completely, though Maze in Jacksonville might get a good dousing out of it come Tuesday. Yes, he's on my worry list, but he gets lumped into worrying about my house, too. LOL He's only 2 hours away, that's an automatic concern for me. ;)

OK, now, you are not yet a Mom. Just relax. All these other people have Moms. And they are all smart enough to get out of the way of a big, huge, days-of-warning storm. :P

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANYONE BUT YOU AND YOURS! That is your local husband and family. Sandbag the basement and seal the storm shutters. And snuggle up to your what's-his-name (Yeah, I know his name) :)

RELAX!

*laughs* I worry, Ursula, it's what I do. I may not be everyone's mother, but...

Here's what I've noticed. If I worry about it, then I've worried for nothing because everything turns out alright in the end. If I don't worry about it, things go to the devil's den rather quickly. Therefore, I'd rather worry today, than be sorry for it tomorrow.

We live in Alabama, so the only concern we have is tornadoes on occation, but not very many. I worry about you guys too. All I can do is pray that my friends will have the luck that they need to be okay. :D I'll always be here if anyone needs me. *hugs to all*

yup.. saw the hurricane warning on the news a lil bit ago - Alberto seems to be eating up the warm waters of the gulf. So far looks like it won't be a hurricane until later on this evening! Right now its just rain and a bunch of wind, people are still on the beach trying to catch what waves they can ;)

but how interesting - the press walked around Beach Clearwater in Fl; and all those people are now saying that they're going to *cough* listen to the weather man, and prolly not stick it out if the depression turns into a hurricane. Funny what a master distruction can do to have everyone on their toes.

I am praying that Alberto stays at a depression and doesn't turn into a hurricane!!

Alrighty, it looks like the bad boy Alberto is going to skip merrily across Florida and aim for the SC coast, instead. This is putting the path between Savannah and Augusta, GA. While it should only be a tropical depression (or less if the wind sheer keeps up) when we start seeing some rain, ya'll don't be surprised if you don't see me around Wednesday or Thursday. We're looking at Alberto paying a visit late tomorrow night and all day Wednesday. Nothing really to be worried about, but with that kind of rainfall, I'm expecting power outages and will be happily surprised if there aren't any.

Plus, we need the rain.

I'm glad you're home, Frenchie! The storm stalled off the coast a bit, so I felt better seeing that. Sorry it got soggy on you, though.

As for me, it's been raining pretty much all day here. It stopped for about 30 minutes around 2, then started again. Right now, it's a mild drizzle, but the storm is still turning around the GA/FL border and the bands are coming back for us. We have tornado warnings up 'til 8 tomorrow night, though those will probably get lifted around midnight. We're under flash flood warnings until 8 tonight. So far, 3.74 inches of rain has fallen on the courthouse downtown, most of that was this morning, though.

So, in a few hours I'll be out of it, the worst is already gone. Yay! I still have an internet connection! LOL

Archived